IGNORED

Middlesboro .. Team For The Weekend?

carlmc25

Now that we've gotten back to winning ways and managed to keep a clean sheet, what team should we put out this weekend? Personally, even though last night's score undoubtedly flattered us, I would stick with McFadden and Yak up front and probably stick with the team that finished the match (except for bringing back in Arteta/Howard if fit).

Johnson hasn't scored for 16 games, bottom line is that isn't good enough, if you don't rest/drop him now then you never will (you're certainly not going to drop him when he's scoring for fun - unless you're Benitez). I think (and have said for some time) that McFadden can do Cahill's job in a 451/4411, he is decent in the air, he has an eye for goal, he's an excellent finisher and, more importantly, unlike Cahill he has vision and can create goals. He can help out the weak midfield by giving them an outlet and extra bodies and also supplement the attack with some much needed creativity. FINALLY last night we managed to put a striker through 1 on 1 with the keeper, if Yak gets that service he won't miss, he may be lazy but he's quality on the ball and rarely misses. It's the type of goal Arsenal and Liverpool score all the time, yet I can't remember the last goal Everton scored like it. It was a lovely pass from McFadden and a good run from Yak, they both linked up for the first goal too. McFadden got 2, Yak 1 so I think they should now be given 3/4 games together and see how they get on. McFadden now has 5 goals this season (inc internationals) and in both starts for us up front he's scored. He is undoubtedly useless on the wing and can be frustrating up front, but he does have genuine ability and can win a game with a touch of magic.

Neville came on and played very well at RB, we all know he should be playing there every week. Jags did well in midfield and Osman will play much better with more players like Arteta/McFadden in the team, players he can link up with and play one two's with. Roll on Sunday, I think we can turn Middlesbrough over.

Just need the defence to start playing as they should!

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah i'll go along with strikeforce that played last night and hopefully depending on fitness, the injured players returning might be more gifted in the passing game. A well disguised superb pass from Mcfad to lay on the Yak goal last night.

..............howard/wessells.............

neville.. yobo/stubbs .. lescott .. baines

pienaar/osman.. jagielka..graveson.. arteta

.......... yakubu .... mcfadden.................

2-0 win jagielka and arteta scoring.

.................................Wessels.....................................

Neville.........Yobo,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Lescott...............Baines

................................Jagielka.......................................

.........Arteta.....................................Pienaar..................

.............................McFadden.......................................

...................Yakubu.................Johnson...........................

Edited by adamsmith69

Good line up, the centre midlfield makes me drool tbh!! we could boss games with them two in there! Good to see Jags havin a few shots on goal too, could be a very attacking line up, and why the hell not!!!

2-1, Faddy gets the first, Boro equalise just before half time to piss everyone off, then in the 85th min Yakubu pops up to bury his old club?!

Howard / Wessels

Neville Yobo Lescott Baines

Jagielka

Arteta (please be fit) Gravesen (if fit obviously) Pienaar

Faddy Yak

AJ has to stay on the bench, Faddy and the Yak earned their places last night.

Agree with the team, But id play A.J with Yakubu. There defense are slow lets take advantage imo.

We need that midfield to play tho and I have my doubts weather it will be that <_<

---------------Jagieka-----------------

---Arteta---Gravesen---Pienaar-----

Looking forward to the game on Sunday I hope our little blip is over.

If you mean since the away win at a poor Bolton!then yes it has been a little blip, but if you

mean since we played well(and that was probably against Spurs)...then it's more than a little

blip!

OH I only hope the players don't think like a lot of the fans that Middlesborough will roll

over for us because they havn't had a great start.Because if they do(and I'm sure Moyes

wont let them).......Then were heading for 0-0 or a 1-1.

They need to approach this game as if it were against Arsenal or Chelsea, be 100% up for it.

No game is easy......look at our european experience last week.In the present climate 3 points

is vital....a draw at home is a bad result.If you can grab/steal/fluke a few 3 pointers whilst

a lot of the others are drawing, then your flying!

This looks like being the most open championship for years.....drop loads of home points and

it could be a crap season.

If the players are up for it and the fans do what a Goodison crowd can do, and Borough are

anything other than at their best....we probably should win.

McFadden and Yakubu will start....an early Everton goal for either of them and we should be

able to cash in on the confidence factor.

A good victory should set us up nicely for what is a huge game on Wednesday.

Agree with the team, But id play A.J with Yakubu. There defense are slow lets take advantage imo.

We need that midfield to play tho and I have my doubts weather it will be that <_<

---------------Jagieka-----------------

---Arteta---Gravesen---Pienaar-----

HHmm we might have to play Shitty Osman again then, who never seems to be injured. <_<

Looks like AVM is at least in the squad for this one.

BBC

Everton (from): Wessels, Hibbert, Stubbs, Lescott, Yobo, Baines, Valente, Pienaar, Arteta, Carsley, Neville, Jagielka, Osman, Johnson, McFadden, Yakubu, Anichebe, Ruddy, Vidarsson, Van der Meyde.

Apparently Johnson is a doubt with a groin problem. Can't see it being other than Mc and Yak up top. Arteta could well be back, so him Jags, Osman and Pienaar in the middle really wouldn't be the worst.

Stevie P has been reading our posts and figured out what we need to do to score:

From the BlueKipper

Steven says: "I think that all our strikers want to score goals because we haven't scored many goals in a few games. For us to get three goals away was good for confidence and I think that the guys deserved the goals. I think it's a boost we needed and I hope we carry on from here and take the last 20 minutes into Sunday's match. If we keep the ball it's the only way we can create chances. If you look at the three goals at Sheffield that's how they came, by keeping the ball."

Sounds about right.

Baines in midfield? can you elaborate further on you reasoning behind this plz.

I think he's saying he'd like to see Baines playing on the wing.

Baines pozzi is left back and he's good there so shouldnt really be tried out of position but I can understand Sandmans reasoning. I think its just him wishing we would use wingers instead of lobbing hopeless balls in the box from the half way line. If thats the case then hes got a pretty good point.