IGNORED

Middlesboro .. Team For The Weekend?

carlmc25

Job welldone lads. First 20 min were just like continuing from villa game. Didnt look good at all , even we got fantastic goal by Joleon. Team tryed to play much more on the ground than usual , and after the first 20min , game looked pretty nice and we seemed to have evertyhing on the control. boro got 1 crossbar and 1 dangerous shot from penalty area at first half , but there were it. Stubbsy were great and organized our whole defence very well. Only bit disappoitment today were Jagz. He were like sleeping whole game. And it was yet agaiin brilliant to see MAESTRO MIKEL on the field. He seemed to enjoy every second on the field. Important 3p , clean sheet , and no injuries. Bringin back the hope and confidence after couple not so good -_- perfomances. Glad to see also Pienaar got the ball to net. So far he (IMO) has played like he just try to do what would look good on manager. Today he worked hard , passed well and got the prize also with goal

HOAAH im veeeery happy

Edited by LexKing

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cracking game that,attacking wise i think we played em off the park, only thing that did my head in was that when they got onto us from the break,it was usually because jags or pip had lost the ball (both being utter wank today) but hye,this is what happens when we actually play the ball along the floor for once and work as a team,plus its actually given me some faith that we can score a goal or 2 or thursday and come back knowing we're in the group stages,althought saying that,our home game may end up being the undoing of us

another shite performance i thought

no way, i thought it was quite good, we didnt even play that much hoofball.

my ratings:

Howard - 8. didnt have that much to do but looked really solid when called upon.

hibbert - 7. had an ok game defensivly, even got some crosses in.

stubbs - 7. decent game, gave away one silly free kick but quite solid.

lescott - 9. mom for me. great all round performance.

baines 7. got forward well as per usual, decent game.

pienaar - 9. great game, worked really hard, seems to have loads more skill than osman.

neville - 8. shock horror, i thought he played well, much better than jags today, actually found blue shirts!

jagielka - 4. quite poor today imo, seemed to give the ball away a lot.

arteta - 9. welcome back! missed him a lot. back to his best today, set up both goals, brilliant game.

yakubu - 5. not that good today imo, looked a bit lazy.

mcfadden - 9. had a great game, involved in the pienaar goal too.

subs:

anichebe - 4. didnt do much, looks a bit clumsy and doesnt keep the ball very well.

yobo - 7. looked decent when he came on but i'm not really sure why that was.

carsley - didnt have enough time on the pitch to make an impact.

I thought we played quite well when we had the ball, the problem we had was in winning it back. The defense individually played pretty well, but as a whole we looked poor defensively and only kept a clean sheet through luck. Jags and Nev were poor, I agree that Gravesen and Cahill will most likely come in and replace them, the problem as I'm not sure that'll work either. We just don't have the players in CM for a 442, but Cahill and Gravesen are obviously a hell of a lot better than the two we had today (although Jags did marginally improve as the game went on). I think criticism of Yak is harsh, he worked quite hard today and had a big hand in the first goal and he gets in good positions. Both Yak and Mcfadden didn't receive much service but I thought they looked a decent partnership and deserve to play for a few games. Arteta and Pienaar were excellent and hopefully now we've kept a clean sheet Yobo can come back in and we can get back to defending properly. With Yobo in the team we should be defending far higher up the pitch as he'll beat virtually anyone for pace and Lescott is quick enough alongside him. Good win and with a couple more players back we could be in business. Tough game next weekend, need to get players fit.

i stand by what i said, good result, bad performance...if they wer any good, we wouldnt have been so fortunate.

jagielka had a mare, neville was poor too i thought, noone did much really bar arteta...defence did ok.

but i dnt think well be a different team with gravesen at all

the main thing i got from that game is tht i had always been underestimating downing, good player, would love him here, would walk into our lineup

I thought we played quite well when we had the ball, the problem we had was in winning it back. The defense individually played pretty well, but as a whole we looked poor defensively and only kept a clean sheet through luck. Jags and Nev were poor, I agree that Gravesen and Cahill will most likely come in and replace them, the problem as I'm not sure that'll work either. We just don't have the players in CM for a 442, but Cahill and Gravesen are obviously a hell of a lot better than the two we had today (although Jags did marginally improve as the game went on). I think criticism of Yak is harsh, he worked quite hard today and had a big hand in the first goal and he gets in good positions. Both Yak and Mcfadden didn't receive much service but I thought they looked a decent partnership and deserve to play for a few games. Arteta and Pienaar were excellent and hopefully now we've kept a clean sheet Yobo can come back in and we can get back to defending properly. With Yobo in the team we should be defending far higher up the pitch as he'll beat virtually anyone for pace and Lescott is quick enough alongside him. Good win and with a couple more players back we could be in business. Tough game next weekend, need to get players fit.

Agree with everything there mate.

i stand by what i said, good result, bad performance...if they wer any good, we wouldnt have been so fortunate.

jagielka had a mare, neville was poor too i thought, noone did much really bar arteta...defence did ok.

but i dnt think well be a different team with gravesen at all

the main thing i got from that game is tht i had always been underestimating downing, good player, would love him here, would walk into our lineup

:lol: If Tony Hibbert is as shite as most of the people on here say then why did he mark him out the game? He put a few good crosses in and a few corners thats it. England Class? is he fuck.

It would cost around 9 - 10 million to sign him wouldnt that be a waste of money just to get a left footed midfielder in?

We only played poor at times today because we didnt have a midfielder who can put his foot on the ball, Tommy would have done that.

Edited by Blue4Ever

hibbert didnt mark him out of the game, every bit of danger came from him

Agreed...but i liked the way Stubbs was frowning at Hibbert for his defensive lapses....Guess Stub's experience and commitment is invaluable no doubt he is slow as age has caught up with him.Unlike Yobo, Stubbs does not think twice to direct what he feels about Hibbert. His guidance is a big plus point for me which Yobo has failed to do.Stubbs communicates more and makes his presence felt. A loyal servant who deserves our respect....In all, we deserve the tree point as we were a bit more classier den them. It could have been 3-3 at half time but end of the day the better team won.

Edited by xsaint

hibbert didnt mark him out of the game, every bit of danger came from him

In the game I watched Hibbo had him under control virtually the whole time and Downing did fuck all.....but then again I've just noticed I'm rock bottom in the "Peoples League," so what do I know :( . I'll have a look back at it today and see which one of us is dillusional Craccer :D .

After a bit of a nervose start (expected a little) and ridding our luck slightly, I thought it was decent enough performance to be honest - there was some really good passages of play. Middlesbrough, hardly created a thing after the first 30mins.

Agree Jags got caught out a little to often and his passing was left a little to be desired at time - He is definately not a out and out midfeilder, will he grow in to the role? We shall see!!. Was perhaps the weakest link in the team yesterday!

Hibbo really pulled his socks up after a few shockers, but did OK yesterday and put in a couple of nice crosses and work well with Arteta.

Thought Pinaeer started to find his feet yesterday - and was getting his foot in a little more than we have up to now. Plenty to take from this game I would say.

Considering you'd have to say that we have had a wobble start then 5th spot in Prem and still in Carling Cup and UEFA cup (for now) then it's not been to bad a season so far.

Thursday is now massive - if we go through there then you have to say that will set us up nicely for the next month or so.

Would'nt get carried away about 5th place at the moment, West Ham, Aston Villa, Newcastle, and Blackburn can all pass us with games in hand, we also have a few difficult games coming up.

Its at these times i look back and think what an easy 3 points we let slip against Reading, They had'nt won a game and had only scored one goal till we played them, so we need to make a lot more improvement yet.

Hibbert and McFadden were our best players yesterday, I thought they both played excellently. Faddy won header after header upfront and looked very lively. Hibbert, other than a couple postitional lapses and needless hoofs, had the best game I've seen him play.

I agree with Mike. though, we didn't play all that well and if it had have been a better team the game would have been over within 20mins. I don't think Spuddy played all that well, that being said, he still set up a goal so you can't grumble. Jagielka had his worst performance for us so far, hopefully he can make things right next game. Neville wasn't as bad as usual but still not very good. Stubbs was shouting at everyone, mostly needlessly. For example, to Howard because he let a shot go over the bar :blink:

Job done, but improvements are needed and fast.

Anybody else disappointed in the attendance yesterday or am i expecting too much. ??

31.000 is 5.000 below our regular average so if the club intend to make more money by building a bigger ground and hoping for crowds of 55.000, they will have to start playing a lot better than lately.

Hibbert and McFadden were our best players yesterday, I thought they both played excellently. Faddy won header after header upfront and looked very lively. Hibbert, other than a couple postitional lapses and needless hoofs, had the best game I've seen him play.

I agree with Mike. though, we didn't play all that well and if it had have been a better team the game would have been over within 20mins. I don't think Spuddy played all that well, that being said, he still set up a goal so you can't grumble. Jagielka had his worst performance for us so far, hopefully he can make things right next game. Neville wasn't as bad as usual but still not very good. Stubbs was shouting at everyone, mostly needlessly. For example, to Howard because he let a shot go over the bar :blink:

Job done, but improvements are needed and fast.

Well done Mark, I thought Id never hear it :)

I thought the game was a bit hit and miss

We had some very good period wher we passed it around in little triangles getting forward, I was really impressed with that at times, the again we let ourselves down with the central midfield area again

Just shows how much we need a Fernandez style player in midfield

Liked the addition of stubbs to the defence, showing our depth and doing a bit of squad rotation. Plus his shouting at people is what is needed from an older head. Hes not that old either, hes the same age as me

Typical boro game though, no away support, on telly so a lower less interested crowd, its hardly an inspirational fixture

Didnt we draw against them last year = A step up and job done this year

Sometimes I think the fact that we have now a lot more quality in our squad highlights some players who are not as great as we used to think

I thought the game was a bit hit and miss

We had some very good period wher we passed it around in little triangles getting forward, I was really impressed with that at times, the again we let ourselves down with the central midfield area again

Just shows how much we need a Fernandez style player in midfield

Liked the addition of stubbs to the defence, showing our depth and doing a bit of squad rotation. Plus his shouting at people is what is needed from an older head. Hes not that old either, hes the same age as me

Typical boro game though, no away support, on telly so a lower less interested crowd, its hardly an inspirational fixture

Didnt we draw against them last year = A step up and job done this year

Sometimes I think the fact that we have now a lot more quality in our squad highlights some players who are not as great as we used to think

Stubbs may have been shouting at everyone but I wouldnt exactly say he was a unqualified success. How anyone can say our defense has improved with him in it I'll never know, yes we kept a clean sheet but we should have let in 3, they had 3 absolute sitters and we'd all be sitting here saying how abysmal our defense were. Against Utd they only had a couple of chances in the whole match, Villa scored two goals out of pure defensive errors, but we defended much better aside from that than yesterday. Hibbo had an excellent match, mainly because he is an excellent defender and with Arteta in the team he has an outlet, Hibbert very rarely gets beaten down the wing. All we need is Yobo back to his best (after a poor game against Villa, but I think he is allowed one poor game as he has been exceptional for the last 12 months) and Lescott to get back to top form, Stubbs is a good squad player but he shouldn't get near our first eleven, even in his prime. Yobo and Lescott are quicker, as good in the air (if not better) and read the game just as well, they've just made a couple of uncharacteristic mistakes nad haven't been helped out by a totally inept midfield.

Romey: I would have to question how McFadden/Hibbert had a better game than Arteta, don't get me wrong they played well but Pienaar and in particular Arteta were by far the stand out performers. Arteta was so much better than anyone else on the pitch it was as plain as the nose on your face, he was superb yesterday even if he didn't get enough of the ball. Pienaar didn't waste a pass. McFadden worked hard and played well but I wouldn't exactly say he was the star.

Romey: I would have to question how McFadden/Hibbert had a better game than Arteta, don't get me wrong they played well but Pienaar and in particular Arteta were by far the stand out performers. Arteta was so much better than anyone else on the pitch it was as plain as the nose on your face, he was superb yesterday even if he didn't get enough of the ball. Pienaar didn't waste a pass. McFadden worked hard and played well but I wouldn't exactly say he was the star.

I just thought he was quite quiet, nothing like when he was running the show in the opening two games of the season. Pienaar, though, is going to be an important player if he keeps on improving like he has been. I'd forgot all about mentioning him tbh.

I Think the pairing of Yobo and Lescot is one of the best in the prem, my only criticism of Yobo is that he is too much of a gentleman and sometimes you dont think he's even played.

If you take a look at our MOTM thread for this season he hardly ever gets a vote, he just goes about his job without being noticed, i wish sometimes he'd get a bit nasty and impose himself a bit more, clatter one or two of the forwards every now and again and let them know your there.

Great player tho, on a par with Lescott.

I always forget me, ill vote now. Its out of Arteta Hibbert + Pienaar for me. Lescott always plays well thats why maybe I dont mention him as much, McFadden played good but not that good.

Pienaar for me, he looked great everytime he had the ball and always wants to play quick 1 2's something we need more of. Him and Arteta on either side looked good I have to say, even though we didn't play amazing.

Edited by Blue4Ever

Pienaar Aside I felt our new men had there worse outing in Blue thus far.

Jag's was all over shop

Baines got cuaght out & turned over some poor ball ( though not the only culprit Jags/Nev were far worse in this dept)

Yakubu, wasnt very effective.

Felt we missed Johnson stretching them, therefore giving Arteta further scope & options as in what he can conjure up in the final 3rd.

All up it wasnt great, though I never felt @ any time the game would slip away from us.

Hibbert put in a good shift, Lescott sound, Mcfadden im affraid stil ldoesnt do it 4 moi :)