IGNORED

Luton

Sandman

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing to inspire me in that game, Lescott MOTM as usual, and Osman for a decent second half played fairly well.

We just cant play football with Neville in the Midfield, He covers the ground and is a tackler, but he cant fookin play football.

The first half was disgraceful the only players who could play football Osman and Pienaar where miles apart on the wings with Carsley and Neville to play with them, a fookin useless formation, if he's going to play 4-4-2 we have to buy some top class midfielders.

At the moment 4-5-1 is the better formation for us, but Arteta, Osman, Cahill and Pienaar all have to play with Carsley Holding, If he insists on playing Neville he has to play him fullback. They made an easy game look fookin hard tonight.

Nothing to inspire me in that game, Lescott MOTM as usual, and Osman for a decent second half played fairly well.

We just cant play football with Neville in the Midfield, He covers the ground and is a tackler, but he cant fookin play football.

The first half was disgraceful the only players who could play football Osman and Pienaar where miles apart on the wings with Carsley and Neville to play with them, a fookin useless formation, if he's going to play 4-4-2 we have to buy some top class midfielders.

At the moment 4-5-1 is the better formation for us, but Arteta, Osman, Cahill and Pienaar all have to play with Carsley Holding, If he insists on playing Neville he has to play him fullback. They made an easy game look fookin hard tonight.

Agree licker, the thing is he aint good enough to get in the team, its obvious Jags is a better rightback and in midifeld he fucks are team up.

Weve made these look a good side tonight when we had 5 of our best players on the bench, not impressed with anything tonight just glad were though.

Bring on the Shite!!!

Far as I'm concerned this wasn't anything more than a preseason friendly that actually had a stake. We were able to rest five regulars, we were able to get some people in a match who needed the work like Grav and Vaughn, AND our B-squad still won the game. So our Cup run is alive and kicking, and now we can bring back Arteta, Howard, Yak, and Yobo for Saturday's game with a full week's worth of rest. Can't ask for much more than that.

...AND our B-squad still won the game.

You mean this...

* Stefan Wessels

* Joleon Lescott

* Alan Stubbs

* Jorge Nuno Valente

* Phil Neville ©

* Phil Jagielka

* Steven Pienaar

* Leon Osman

* Lee Carsley

* James McFadden

* Victor Anichebe

* Tim Howard

* Thomas Gravesen

Steven Pienaar (93)

* Tim Cahill

Victor Anichebe (76)

* James Vaughan

James McFadden (70)

* Ayegbeni Yakubu

.....is our B squad? If that's true, then where the fuck is our A squad? :eh:

Aye... it goes to show how one can under-estimate your opponent. Non EPL teams have more to play for ... look at how Chelski had a scare with Leicester when they didn't play a full strength team. Then again the other Premiership teams did okay. We should have wrapped this up in the 90 mins by making the subs earlier. Oh well, happy to get through... now bring on Birmingham!

Far as I'm concerned this wasn't anything more than a preseason friendly that actually had a stake. We were able to rest five regulars, we were able to get some people in a match who needed the work like Grav and Vaughn, AND our B-squad still won the game. So our Cup run is alive and kicking, and now we can bring back Arteta, Howard, Yak, and Yobo for Saturday's game with a full week's worth of rest. Can't ask for much more than that.

what about Cahill and Graveson, do you think Neville + Carsley are better off in the middle?

job done, sounds like Barry Horne wasn't exactly enamoured with Jags at right back either, he's looked pretty ordinary since he's signed, can't see him having the pace for RB tbh. Just a squad player if people get injured. Poor line up last night, we were always going to struggle with a 442 unless Gravesen (or possibly Cahill) plays, we were asking for extra time with the CM's we had last night. Anichebe was useless when starting again and apart from Osman we had nothing going forward. Gravesen sets up the goal with his first corner (same as Bolton) and good work out for both he and Vaughan so some positives. We won, that's all that matters and once again it just proved why we need to play 451. I don't care how many good strikers we may have, our team plays best with a 5. Although once Vaughan is back fit he and Johnson did create a lot of problems in 442 so there is hope, especially with TC and Tommy back.

job done, sounds like Barry Horne wasn't exactly enamoured with Jags at right back either, he's looked pretty ordinary since he's signed, can't see him having the pace for RB tbh. Just a squad player if people get injured. Poor line up last night, we were always going to struggle with a 442 unless Gravesen (or possibly Cahill) plays, we were asking for extra time with the CM's we had last night. Anichebe was useless when starting again and apart from Osman we had nothing going forward. Gravesen sets up the goal with his first corner (same as Bolton) and good work out for both he and Vaughan so some positives. We won, that's all that matters and once again it just proved why we need to play 451. I don't care how many good strikers we may have, our team plays best with a 5. Although once Vaughan is back fit he and Johnson did create a lot of problems in 442 so there is hope, especially with TC and Tommy back.

I thought Jags has played well right back, he had a shite 10 mins against derby but apart from that he's played well there, he's a good tackler, powerful, good in the air, not bad on the ball and whips a few good crosses in. what more do you want from him?

Edited by Blue4Ever

I thought Jags has played well right back, he had a shite 10 mins against derby but apart from that he's played well there, he's a good tackler, powerful, good in the air, not bad on the ball and whips a few good crosses in. what more do you want from him?

pace - possibly the most important attribute to be a good fb, plus Horne said he was caught out of position regularly and looked no better than the Luton players. I'll give Jags a chance and in some games he's looked alright, but he definitely looks slow and in this day and age you need pace in the premier league.

pace - possibly the most important attribute to be a good fb, plus Horne said he was caught out of position regularly and looked no better than the Luton players. I'll give Jags a chance and in some games he's looked alright, but he definitely looks slow and in this day and age you need pace in the premier league.

I dont think he looks slow either mate, I dont think that he's slow he seems like he wants forever to make his mind up who to pass to, thats my critisism of him, but him and Baines either side will definatly get Yak or whoever's up front a few quality crosses to score from, something we dont do enought of. Valente was a discrase against Luton id seriously think about getting rid of him in Jan he can't put a cross and cant defend, Lescott will always be before him as backup leftback anyway.

I dont think he looks slow either mate, I dont think that he's slow he seems like he wants forever to make his mind up who to pass to, thats my critisism of him, but him and Baines either side will definatly get Yak or whoever's up front a few quality crosses to score from, something we dont do enought of. Valente was a discrase against Luton id seriously think about getting rid of him in Jan he can't put a cross and cant defend, Lescott will always be before him as backup leftback anyway.

no question Valente isn't up to it, he's been a pretty poor signing overall, just a pity Boyle got that bad injury last season. Valente will never play for us again except in a major injury crisis I would expect.

Would you rather play the slow go's of Neville and Hibbert there instead then? Jagielka is not slow. One of the reasons he was being played DM was because he had the pace to track back unlike Carsley who looks like he's going backwards. Against Derby Jags looked very comfortable (bar the first 10mins) and even grabbed an assist.

Would you rather play the slow go's of Neville and Hibbert there instead then? Jagielka is not slow. One of the reasons he was being played DM was because he had the pace to track back unlike Carsley who looks like he's going backwards. Against Derby Jags looked very comfortable (bar the first 10mins) and even grabbed an assist.

thats exactly what I thought mark, im sure everyone now knows whos our best rightback, even if some people do want him as a holding player, does any1 think he has played better in midfield? I dont.

I don't know what matches you watch but Carsley has never been slow and even now that he's getting on a bit I'd say his acceleration is quicker than Jags. Hibbert and Neville aren't slow either (plus Neville gets a few assists himself at fb), not lightnight fast but not slow, Jags looks slow over the first couple of yards when I've seen him but sometimes gets away with it as he has long legs and seems to manage to just about get a tackle in. I'll wait til I see more of Jags before I make a decision, but I think he's been disappointing so far and Barry Horne was NOT impressed by his performance last night. I'm not saying Barry Horne knows everything, but he normally can spot a decent defender. Maybe I'm wrong and Jags is deceptively quick but I'm yet to see it, Carsley on the other hand (who you seem to have it in for) covers the defence second to none in a 5 and is always tracking back and getting tackles in, I've yet to see him particularly done for pace and a couple of years ago marked Gerrard out of the derby and Gerrard is QUICK. I think Carsley deserves a bit more respect to be honest, we all know he can't hack it in a 442 (but he's not alone there) but in a 5 he is superb and was the one of the main reasons we finished 4th one season and 6th last year. Why some fans seem desperate to support an underachieving new signing over a faithful/go through a brickwall for the club servant is beyond me. It's no surprise Carsley has come back in to the team and our defence immediately looks more secure.

thats exactly what I thought mark, im sure everyone now knows whos our best rightback, even if some people do want him as a holding player, does any1 think he has played better in midfield? I dont.

I don't think he's played better in midfield obviously, all I'm saying is at the moment, I'd have him on the bench at best once everyone is fit. He has to do a lot more for me. But as I say, I'll give him a chance.

I'm up the wall over Jags is he a mid or is he a defender? He has the atributes to become a decent centre mid but he looks like a headless chicken when he plays there. He breaks up play but 90% of the time he goes to ground and puts the ball out of play so I don't know :unsure:

On the other hand he was the most fustrating player on the pitch last night getting caught out of position regular and giving away easy balls far too often under no pressure at all. We (I say we, my mate who was fumin) counted 8 before half time then give up so he didnt become one of those moaning cunts. I was diappointed to say the least :mellow:

Time to toe the line Phil an show us what you can do

against united and liverpool i think jags was exceptional in midfield. still not sure where i want him coz i think hes been good at rb aswell.

hes a handy player to have around and always gives 100%