IGNORED

Luton

Sandman

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I'm hoping Moyes gives some youngsters a run out with this one, Ruddy, Vidarsson, Boyle, JPK, Anichebe, Vaughan etc. have a few experienced players to hold them together, maybe Yobo, Carsley. Give the bigger players a rest, they have the league and European games as well this season, they can do without lower league teams.

I'm hoping Moyes gives some youngsters a run out with this one, Ruddy, Vidarsson, Boyle, JPK, Anichebe, Vaughan etc. have a few experienced players to hold them together, maybe Yobo, Carsley. Give the bigger players a rest, they have the league and European games as well this season, they can do without lower league teams.

We wouldnt be getting through if we played that many youngsters all at once.

1-0 to us Yak

Would be nice to have a bit of a run in this cup. and would be shite to be knocked out by fucking luton. I'd give Arteta and Cahill a rest. Maybe put Cahill on the bench. and maybe give VDM a run out. if he can be bothered though.

Howard

Jags Stubbs Yobo Lescott

VDM? Grav Osman Pienaar

Anichebe Vaughn (or mcfudge if he aint ready)

as long as we concentrate and don't do anything stupid we should easily go through.

Theres no harm in giving VDM a run out, he looked a decent player last season on the rightwing that is, when he did play haha, maybe off the bench.

id play

-----------------Howard------------------

Jagielka----Stubbs-----Yobo------Boyle

Arteta-------Anderson-----Graveson---Pienaar

--------------Anichebe---Vaughan------------

That team is well capable of beating Luton, it wont be an easy game but that team out there is a good team.

Put a good bench out just incase but we should win this game.

2-0 id say.

Edited by Blue4Ever

Theres no harm in giving VDM a run out, he looked a decent player last season on the rightwing that is, when he did play haha, maybe off the bench.

id play

Jagielka----Stubbs-----Yobo------Boyle

Arteta-------Anderson-----Graveson---Pienaar

--------------Anichebe---Vaughan------------

That team is well capable of beating Luton, it wont be an easy game but that team out there is a good team.

Put a good bench out just incase but we should win this game.

2-0 id say.

I'd go with,

Jagielka----Yobbo-----Stubbs------Boyle

Osman-----Anderson-----Graveson---Pienaar

-------------Anichebe---Yakubu------------

With a bench of: Lescott, Arteta, Cahill, Vaughan, JPK

It's about time Boyle got a chance, Anderson has earned a run out after his loan displays & I'd love to see the smash and grab of Yak & Vic up front!

Feed the Yak,

Feed the Yak,

Feed the Yak an he will score,

Feeeeeeed the Yak along the floor.

I'd Go with....

................ Wessels...................

Neville..... Yobo ...Jagielka .. Valente

Osman ....Anderson ...Graveson .. Pienaar

.............ANICHEBE.... LESCOTT..................

Lescott because he has been our best attacker over the last 4 or 5 games as well as the best defender.

Anybody ever heard or remember Fred Pickering.??

I'd Go with....

................ Wessels...................

Neville..... Yobo ...Jagielka .. Valente

Osman ....Anderson ...Graveson .. Pienaar

.............ANICHEBE.... LESCOTT..................

Lescott because he has been our best attacker over the last 4 or 5 games as well as the best defender.

Anybody ever heard or remember Fred Pickering.??

Saw his début v Forest, British record signing, balooned a couple of early chances and looked crap.Settled himself and scored a hatrick in a 4-1 win Strong typical English centre forward never really set the place alight as often as he should.

Saw his début v Forest, British record signing, balooned a couple of early chances and looked crap.Settled himself and scored a hatrick in a 4-1 win Strong typical English centre forward never really set the place alight as often as he should.

Fred PICKERING 1964-1967 Games played ...115 . Goals scored 70. average of 23/24 goals over 3 seasons, a top striker at the time, but what i was getting at is that he was a fullback converted to centre forward at Blackburn, and at around the same time there was our centre half Mike Lyons who regularly played in the centre forward role for us, was'nt too bad at it either.

I think Lescott could cause problems for the opposition wherever he played.

I hate these games, even more so because of our UEFA Cup commitment. I would like to think we aare good enough in depth to bring out some of the second string and youngsters for a run. My worry is that confidence is a big thing to us at the moment and Luton is a banana skin if we aren't careful. Risky as it may be, I woud field a full strength side, barring any possible injuries or niggles that can be rested. I think we have to go hell for leather in every competition. If we put our chickens in one basket, we could end up having a very dull season. A good domestic cup run is a must this year, as well as a top six finish. We have to make sure that we qualify for Europe next year to maintain our progression as a club.

Changing my team selection cos its a must win game to get into last 8.

...................Wessells....................

Jagielka .. Yobo .. Stubbs .. Lescott.

Pienaar..Cahill..Carsley..Osman..Arteta

...................Anichebe.....................

Subs. Howard, Neville, McFadden, Boyle, Yakubu. 4-0 win Cahill, Osman, Anichebe 2.

Neville and Hibbo both back in the squad (whoopee <_< ). Baines out, Arteta doubtful, Vaughan possible...

Everton: Howard, Wessels, Hibbert, Neville, Jagielka, Yobo, Lescott, Stubbs, Valente, Osman, Arteta, Pienaar, Cahill, Gravesen. vd Meyde, Carsley, McFadden, Yakubu, Anichebe, Vaughan.

No fringe players at all (unless you count VDM as one, if not beyond the fringe). Taking no chances obviously.

Edited by MikeO

No fringe players at all (unless you count VDM as one, if not beyond the fringe). Taking no chances obviously.

I think we should be taking it seriously, Moyes has been clever with his selections so most/some players are getting a rest

Licker said above about it being a great opportunity to get into the last 8 (when did we last do that in this cup????)

Take each game as it comes