IGNORED

Fernandes Set For Everton Return

Something which wories me is he was great for us and no doubt he has talent but y didnt he make it at Valencia either he was shit or they have a very very good midfield!

OR they didn't have a style of play that suited his strengths

OR the old coach got sacked before Manny had completely settled in and gotten used to being there (which usually takes a while, no matter how talented a player is - look at how badly Tevez and Mascherano struggled at WHam the first half of last season), and the new coach for whatever reason wanted absolutely nothing to do with him

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OR they didn't have a style of play that suited his strengths

OR the old coach got sacked before Manny had completely settled in and gotten used to being there (which usually takes a while, no matter how talented a player is - look at how badly Tevez and Mascherano struggled at WHam the first half of last season), and the new coach for whatever reason wanted absolutely nothing to do with him

Good point didnt think of that :speak_cool:

Yup. Koeman has been making changes at Valencia; the type of changes they have needed for a while and since he already felt that Fernandes had an attitude problem from his time at Benfica, it would seem that being arrested was the proverbial straw....

Fernandes is top quality and would most likely flourish in La Liga, it just so happened that it wasn't the right time for him to be at Valencia. It happens to some of the best footballers on the planet but doesn't mean they aren't good enough or don't suit the leagues style of play.

My money's on JD ;) . Not let us down yet.

Thanks for the vote of confidence! :D If he can't play for us, then it would have to be because of some technical wrinkle in the rules that I am not aware of - on the face of it the basic rule is pretty plain. As long as your former team is not and never was in the UEFA Cup that season, you can play in the UEFA Cup. I'll dig a little deeper and see if I missed something.

Three appearances in the Champions League for Valencia will preclude Fernandes from playing in the UEFA Cup

Yea ur right I read he has already played 3 games for Valencia in Champions League so no he cant play for us in U.E.F.A unless we can make a plea sum how.

Edited by Josh Berno

My money's on JD ;) . Not let us down yet.

And it would appear your Moneu is safe with JD too mate.

Official site now says that there is a loop in the rules, which as JD said, "because he has not competed in the same competition for Valencia this season and the Spanish side is not involved in the Uefa Cup at the last 32 stage he can be named as our 25th player in the Uefa list.

Well done JD top work fella! And what a great bit of news!!!!