IGNORED

Fernandes Set For Everton Return

The midfield was destined for a permanent transfer to Goodison Park in the summer, however after protracted negotiations with the Premier League, Everton were unable to secure the player to a contract due to technicalities over third party ownership.

The player has since been no more than a squad player at Estadio Mestalla, having only made a handful of appearances for the side since his summer move, which appeared to be negotiated hastily.

However, top pundit Guillem Balague in his usual spot on Sky Sports' La Liga coverage has indicated that manager Ronald Koeman will look to offload the midfielder.

Incidentally, the two fell out earlier in the player's career whilst at Benfica, and this is said to have contributed towards Koeman's desire to offload Fernandes, with Everton rumoured to be his preferred destination should a transfer be granted.

Balague also hinted that defensive midfielder David Albelda will also look for a move in the winter transfer window, and that Everton are among a number of clubs keeping tabs on the Spaniard.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[unable to secure the player to a contract due to technicalities over third party ownership]

yeah right all that got thrashed out, he got a 'better offer' at the 11th hour and fecked off so sorry guys as good as he is (and he was fantastic) he's a fly by night merc and he can go feck himself

thank you!

he can f*ck off

If we get him bak we have a good prospect on our hands that we shud be able to keep if we keep playin good football. BTW this is only a loan deal till the end of the season. When we wer trying to get him Man utd wer in for him but theve got Nani & Anderson so they wont need manny.

I would hope not, Moyes should already know what Manny is all about. Loaning him just gives us another opportunity to fuck it up.

I would hope not, Moyes should already know what Manny is all about. Loaning him just gives us another opportunity to fuck it up.

On the betfair.com Everton form, the chap called Miscreant Man who seems genuinely reliable is talking about Fernandes returning possibly on loan (posted today). Also says Vogel is done and dusted. Agree it would appear unusual to loan him again but if we are interested in him, we hold the aces. His market value is dropping by the week and Koeman has already made it clear he doesn't want him. I don't think we would have any serious rivals for his signature this time round.

I think the idea of loaning him would be good

Keeps him keen to impress

There is no third part involved to fuk it up, it would just be a deal between us and Valencia (I think)

Even when loan deals are set up (just like peinar) then there are first refusal clauses and fees included

Plus I dont think we will have the sort of cash to go and pay 10 mil for him

This is from wikipedia, not always the most reliable source, but it explain Fernandes situation well.

"Global Sports Investment owned 50% of Manuel Fernandes transfer rights and hence, this is one of the reasons as to why his potential transfer to Everton FC, had become so complicated. Another reason is because the English Premier League did not agree to the transfer as Everton would only half own Fernandes' contract. Everton were not too happy about this as the Premier League had let Anderson Luís de Abreu Oliveira, Carlos Tevez and Javier Mascherano move to other Premier League clubs under the same agreements.

However, on August 26, Fernandes opted to sign a six-year contract for Valencia in a deal worth up to £10 million to Benfica, with Global Sports Investment keeping their 50% share"

If GSI still owns 50% of Fernandes, it will be difficult to bring him unless it is on loan.

zed - if we did loan him there are still 3rd party issues, but we got to hope our staff know what the hell they are doing this time round.

valencia spent £10m just for half of him, this agency still hold the other 50%

Bloody hell, forget it then, I cant see us having the cash to buy him out right, we should forget it and move on.

i read somewhere a while back that i think it was either FIFA or UEFA were moving to ban 3rd party ownerships in all European leagues, which i think needs to be done cause all 3rd parties do is fuck things up (e.g. manny, tevez)

but until that happens i think the only possible deal for manny would be a loan deal

or as mentioned in the arteta thread, cash plus manny for mikky (god forbid this deal EVER goes through)

i think its a definite possibility that he could be leaving valencia tho, seeing as hes getting hardly any playing time

I would love to take him back but this really is never going to happen. ever, and if it does i will be hugely shocked. But i doubt we'd take him on loan again and i don't think we can afford to spend 20m or whatever on him which is what he will probably cost.

This would be fantastic news !

Get Manny back on loan with a proper 1st option to buy agreed and get Vogel in as well for Free. We would immediately have strengthened our midfield. I think we may still need another striker if McFadden goes as he def is going too. I wouldn't mind Ezequerro from Barca or even spend some of the McFadden money on Nugent as he has been showing signs of improvement and given time will come good. He would be another young option for us up front and is a different type of striker to Yak, AJ, Victor and Vaughaney.

Pls offload VDM as well ! Waste of Money.

3 IN, 2 OUT (£4M IN and £3M OUT in transfer fees, wages is another different story !)

Jason

This would be fantastic news !

Get Manny back on loan with a proper 1st option to buy agreed and get Vogel in as well for Free. We would immediately have strengthened our midfield. I think we may still need another striker if McFadden goes as he def is going too. I wouldn't mind Ezequerro from Barca or even spend some of the McFadden money on Nugent as he has been showing signs of improvement and given time will come good. He would be another young option for us up front and is a different type of striker to Yak, AJ, Victor and Vaughaney.

Pls offload VDM as well ! Waste of Money.

3 IN, 2 OUT (£4M IN and £3M OUT in transfer fees, wages is another different story !)

Jason

Forget Nugent he is crap and has proven he cant do it in Prem

""Forget Nugent he is crap and has proven he cant do it in Prem""

But Nugent has never been given the chance to prove he can do it in the prem.

Having said that, we dont need him here we need midfielders, and i will be upset if we dont get at least two in january.

Having said that, we dont need him here we need midfielders, and i will be upset if we dont get at least two in january.

And early Jan please....no point in fucking around waiting 'til midnight on the 31st, get it done quick while we're short on numbers. Nigeria could be out by then and Joey and Yak on the plane home. Unlikely sure but (with apologies to the lads) go Ivory Coast, Mali and Benin (Tunisia, Senegal and Angola as far as Pienaar's concerned)!!

Edited by MikeO

As I understood the Fernandes saga, though admittedly I don't claim to understand it fully at all, he did want to sign for Everton but the Premier League's interpretation of its own (vague) rules delayed the transfer so much that Fernandes became worried that he wouldn't be able to move anywhere, and so he made a snap decision to go elsewhere. The Premier League's usual lack of clarity and abject inablity to make a decision caused the transfer to break down.

I think, if he does return, Everton fans should welcome Fernandes gleefully.

""Forget Nugent he is crap and has proven he cant do it in Prem""

But Nugent has never been given the chance to prove he can do it in the prem.

Yay...a fellow Nugent bummer.... ;)

Shame that we don't need him anymore but you never know, if faddy goes...?

As for Fernandes, I would take him but if I was Moyes I would give him a dig on the way into the changing rooms, then smile politely :D