IGNORED

Joey Barton

Been away for a couple of days and was looking forward to coming back and having a long look through the lengthy thread about how lucky we were to avoid signing the nutter that is Joey Barton. Wondered whether those among us who were begging for us to get him had finally realised the error of their ways and were tucking into some post Christmas humble pie, and what do I find? Not a word :o !

Strange that.

Been away for a couple of days and was looking forward to coming back and having a long look through the lengthy thread about how lucky we were to avoid signing the nutter that is Joey Barton. Wondered whether those among us who were begging for us to get him had finally realised the error of their ways and were tucking into some post Christmas humble pie, and what do I find? Not a word :o !

Strange that.

Lol Humble Pie. I knew he was a trooble causin twat and Moyes was wise not to sign him.

IF he could get his head sorted then I agree Bill, I rate him highly.

BUT will he ever be right in the head? Controversy seems to follow him, Big Dunc pissed many supporters off (I might add not me :D) so would it be wise to get a player who seems to be even crazier than him?

I think that under the right manager barton will curb his ways. If he was at man utd not man city as a youngster then i think that fergeson would have whipped him into shape by now.

I reckon that Barton has well and truley fucked up his reputation now, and this latest incident is harldy going to help with his coirt case about the attack on dabo. I think that Joey could be seeing a little more oif the inside of a cell in 2008.

We really did dodge a few bullets in the summer, Nuggent (who i was all for. idiot) Smith, Richardson, Barton

Not bothered what he does off the pitch, Better players than him have spent time behind bars. So as long as he performs on the pitch it does'nt bother me what he gets up to in his leisure time.

Our own Duncan Ferguson spent time behind bars, and brought his thuggery onto the pitch on many occasions, but there are some peeps on this forum who rate him as a legend. :)

Not bothered what he does off the pitch, Better players than him have spent time behind bars. So as long as he performs on the pitch it does'nt bother me what he gets up to in his leisure time.

Our own Duncan Ferguson spent time behind bars, and brought his thuggery onto the pitch on many occasions, but there are some peeps on this forum who rate him as a legend. :)

True enough, I'm not one of them.

Doesn't matter a shit what he can do on the pitch if he's behind bars though does it? Have to disagree completely, it matters hugely to me how our players act off the pitch. They're the people our kids (mine anyway) look up to as heroes and that gives them a level of responsibility. Barton has no concept of that apparently.

He would probably be fantastic for us, it seems that's he's in prison now because a drunken Evertonian was abusing him telling him he should have signed, that he wouldn't get in the team anyway and that he only went to Newcastle for the money. If I remember correctly it was also an Evertonian he got involved in a scuff with in Thailand.

If he was our player, the fans would leave him alone and he could press on for international honours ;)

...and he could go out in Liverpool and have a lovely time and no-one would be mean to him ever again. Liverpool fans would congratulate him and ask to shake his hand for following his heart and coming home to his beloved blues, and there would be no more wars and Cinderella would live happily ever after :rolleyes: .

Joey Barton was, is and always will be a liafuckingbility. Too much baggage with no real discernable talent. I know Mark and a few others on TT are fans, but give me a fucking break. JB is a twit, DF was a twit. The sooner someone ends his career with a two footed lunge at hip height the fucking better. He should be ashamed to be a Scouser, fuck him, fuck his family and lets hope he fucks off into mediocraty soonest.

ATB

Mac

i'd still like him here, even more now that our midfield is depleted, doing no good up there in toonland.

Bring him back i say. :) £5 M WOULD BE A BARGAIN.

Cant believe that you think so Licker.

The guy's a thug, an above average player and someone who disrupts the dressing to top it all off. (poking the u-21 player's eye with a cigar, injuring Ousmane Dabo on purpose during training)

Even if one can disregard the first 2 things ive listed, the latter will kill team morale and to think he'll be on bumper wages is bad business IMO.

You fellas finally seem to be getting it right at the moment (sigh) and Moyes will only get players who fit his ideology. (Yakubu doesnt, though. :S )

Edited by xavier

A good player, but if we take him on will we see him play that much for us, or will he be too busy behind bars???

Also, I think there are better midfield players out there for us.

There was also a comment about how if he was at Man Utd's academy rather than City's that he would have been sorted out. If this is so, then what about Michael Johnson, Stephen Ireland and Kelvin Etuhu? They're not breaking the law left right and centre.