Watford 1-0 Crystal Palace L

Shittu 28

West Ham 0-0 Man City L

Wolverhampton 2-1 Cambridge Utd L

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so there a league one side, that's what happens in the FA Cup. They got one good goal clung on for dear life and we coudn't manage to score, maybe not our day, as Louis says were still in 2 knockout tournaments and doing well in the league.

I'm dissapointed but no need to be too heart broken about it.

josh i have no interest in us going out 4th round instead of third, unless were going to make the semi final or more then it makes no odds when we go out.

Oldham are on fine form away from home and came to us with a lot of confidence, for us it wasn't the most important game of the week, we've got players out and we can't say the stars didn't play as we finished with 5 strikers including johnson and Yak, I pressume cahill wasn't fully fit and i'd rather have him fully fit for the Chelsea game than semi fit having played at the weekend.

Fookin shite - possibly a bit of over confidence today (a bit of bad luck - hitting the post/efforts off the line) so it's good we've been brought back down to earth before tuesday. Learn from this and move on - FAIR PLAY OLDHAM - I hope they get Chelsea/Arsenal/Manure at home next round.

FAIR PLAY OLDHAM - I hope they get Chelsea/Arsenal/Manure at home next round.

Agreed. The downside of going out is that I now hope for shite boring "big four" final to open up the insurance of an extra UEFA place in the league....unless we win the Carling Cup of course :D .

To say i'm very disappointed would be an understatement, i'm fookin livid. :angry:

You peeps who say your not bothered about the FA Cup ought to be ashamed of yourselves, a team struggling in DIV ONE comes to fortress Goodison and makes us the laughing stock of the premier League.

This is why on another thread i said a manager should always play his strongest eleven every game, I'm sure we could have gone 2 nil up with a full team, and then at half time taken off the players he wanted to rest. Another balls up and once again the supporters have been Shafted into watching a sub standard side, I'm sure that DM thought the side he was sending out should have been good enough to win the game, but on this occasion it sure as hell was'nt.

So now if we go out of the other cup and then lose in europe, will we look back at this and say ........

David Moyes you let the fans down and cocked up good style. Thank you very much.

Moyes obviously thought a slightly under strength team could beat an Oldham team with every thing to play for.It's happened before and it will happen again, bloody shame.So called small teams want the big players rested, it means the opponents don't rate them.......talk about red rag to a bull!

Mind you to be fair that wasn't exactly a poor Everton team, and we should have won.

Now we go to Chelsea as underdogs, and could just as easily win.That will take a tad of the pain out of this defeat......red brother's coming over tomorrow.....please Luton, do an Oldham or a Coventry.

To say i'm very disappointed would be an understatement, i'm fookin livid. :angry:

You peeps who say your not bothered about the FA Cup ought to be ashamed of yourselves, a team struggling in DIV ONE comes to fortress Goodison and makes us the laughing stock of the premier League.

I wouldn't say that. We're merely one out of six Premiership teams who got bounced today, so it's not like we especially stand out amidst the rest of the crowd. That's just the FA Cup for you. In fact, five of the six who lost were playing at home (Blackburn, Bolton, Villa, and Sunderland were the others; only Birmingham lost on the road), so we weren't even unusual in that regard.

I really fancied us for an upset, but missing 4 (maybe 5) first team players that played against Leeds on New Year's Day has thrown that out of the window. I reckon we'll be okay for around 40 minutes and then when we concede one we'll fall apart. 4-0 to you's, enjoy the match.

Fear the latics.. Thats very benevolent of you to say that but i think we may have a lot of players missing also.

I dont think it will be as easy as you think, we usually struggle against the less fancied sides, so i will be happy if we get to 2-0 and then i might enjoy the match. :)

And welcome to the forum, come back after the game and give us your view of how it went.

Thanks for the welcome.

Well it turned out slightly differently to how I predicted, I'm chuffed to bits. :D We came ready for battle and that's how we won, we battled. Our defence played immensly and coped with everything that came their way. Hughes chased everything down and forced the defenders to concede one or two corners as a result. Our midfield got the basics right and didn't try any fancy rubbish although I feel we gave the ball away a bit easily for the first 20 minutes.

My heart was in my mouth when Yakubu hit the post. :lol:

We also came out swinging in the second half with two half chances early on. We weathered the storm, Everton didn't create too many clear cut chances and I'm glad we got the result. Top game, good luck against Chelski.

Well done mate you should be proud of your team, they showed our highly trained, highly paid, and probably highly sexed superstars that if you try hard enough you usually gain the rewards.

Good luck to you and i hope you get a plum draw at home in the next round, i'll be looking out for you. :)