IGNORED

Video Game Thread

dark

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone played either Heavy Rain or Resistance: Fall Of Man?

Getting the two of them from Lovefilm as we speak and was just wondering if they are any good. Heavy Rain is a game I've wanted for a while but only had an Xbox so was never able to play it. Since buying the missus a PS3 I've been able to order it so I'm excited to see what it's like :).

Is that the first resistance zoo?? I think I've played that one. Was okay, not my cup of tea at all tbh but the story line was okay and the online was enjoyable.

Yeah. I'm planning on playing them all so though it was best to start with the first one. Does it save your game history by the way? Because I heard the first one doesn't come with trophies. (and I can't be doing with one game stuck on 0%).

Edited by Zoo

PS3 is not a good as Xbox IMO (I have both) but it has its plus points in terms of graphics and its exclusive games. Uncharted 3 for example was amazing and I'll get the others but for me its never going to over-take Xbox as the best console.

Stay clear of Heavy Rain too Louis - looks great but its utter wank.

The PS4 was announced last night.. the controllers are £45!

Personally, I don't think there's any need for a new console just yet. I haven't reached the point where I think that the current generation's graphics are bad.

I played through Sleeping Dogs in the week, I quite enjoyed that. Aliens Colonial Marines has caused some controversy as the graphics in the demo were better than those in the final game. I do like the films so I may try it out in the future.

The PS4 will probably come with one so the £45 asking price isn't that bad IMO (as by the time the first one breaks you can get one for £15 off eBay) and IMO a new console is long over-due. GTA IV was toned down because it could not fit on the PS3/360 so games are capable of being so much more these days - not just graphic wise.

I'm excited, not because of the PS4 but because this will make Xbox push for a winter release too as IMO they have the better console.

The Durango (new Xbox) will supposedly have a Blu-ray player too

Heard that, it's the way to go and I would be very surprised if it didn't have one. It's reported that both the PS4 & Durango will refuse second-hand games though, which is fucking stupid.

There's no need for these regular releases of games machines, but people will get bored or tire quickly of any one console, and you can be sure in a year or two some will be fed up with the PS4 after so much time, and manufacturers will be rushing to get out a damn PS5 to keep people happy.

Controller prices are indeed ludicrous, even some retailers want £40 for a PS2 or PS3 I've seen, never mind the upcoming release

There's no need for these regular releases of games machines, but people will get bored or tire quickly of any one console, and you can be sure in a year or two some will be fed up with the PS4 after so much time, and manufacturers will be rushing to get out a damn PS5 to keep people happy.

I hate when people come out with complete bollocks. The Xbox 360 is 7 years old now so you can't really complain that they are bringing out a new one. Same with the PS3, even though I'm not a massive fan of the console its been out for 6 years so an update is really needed.

I hate when people come out with complete bollocks. The Xbox 360 is 7 years old now so you can't really complain that they are bringing out a new one. Same with the PS3, even though I'm not a massive fan of the console its been out for 6 years so an update is really needed.

exactly. And its not as if they're bringing them out just for the sake of it either, they're bringing them out to keep up with the ever advancing technology of the gaming industry.

Hitman is my favourite game series and I've waited 6 long years for Absolution to be released. I've finished it and I have to say whilst I can understand where all the critisism comes from it's my favourite game from the series, it felt a lot like 'The Transporter' films whilst also keeping some key elements from the Hitman franchise.

I hope you're liking it?

Haa, i preordered it and got in on Release day on PC.

I did like it, it was a real challenge compared to the last games, as in you felt you HAD to sneak around, and going in all guns blazing wasn't really an option, especially with the "Backup Arrived" feature added to the game...

I can still see where people would say it's bad, the score feature made it too competitive and a constant annoyance in the corner of the screen. It's not about letting the innocent live or having to use your fiber wire all the time, Hitman is a conscienceless killer, he will kill anyone, and everyone in his way. To stop you being silent assassin because you may have killed an annoying plumber who had the bad luck of seeing you knock out a guard, shit happens, and it's more realistic.

A box with numbers in the corner for everything you do however, is not.

In all, i DID like it, but it made me think they are taking it in a new direction, less about the Character, and more about the world he's in.

It makes me wonder if the next Hitman game will be Agent 47 in Japan trying to kill a triad sushi king dressed in a banana suit....

Edited by Whyistherumgone?

The score feature was awesome, it made you want to be more of a Silent Assassin. I must have played levels about 9-10 times so that I could get a better score than what was the 'worldwide average' and loved every minute of it.

I didn't really like

the ending though. Letting Diana live seemed like a real kop-out option and I'd prefer it if she stayed dead and they continued the series without her. It'll be interesting to see how they explain themselves because the ending was pretty much a blur.