IGNORED

Video Game Thread

dark

Presuming you have one hard drive © ......

Go to computer / local disc c / programme files x 86 / steam / steamapps / common /

find your game folder

Open it and check for the exe.

It might be called application, and will probably have a game icon.

Right click on it and run as administrator.

Right click on it and press properties / compatability

Choose the option as discussed above. You will see the box that offers you the choices of what compatability mode you might need. Choose 98 / me apparently.

Edited by Avinalaff

Gld you got it working.

Any time.

Was wondering if you could help me with something else on Steam Av.

Its been happening for a while now, but whenever i start steam i get the message " Thank you for participating in the beta on Steam. The beta has now ended - please restart steam to return to the current release" I've never participated in any beta on steam and after restarting it all works fine.It just gets a tad annoying tbh, doesnt stop me doing anything... just annoying.

Any help would be appreciated :)

Tried that before Av, still keeps coming up. Like i say it doesnt stop me doing anything, so i'll just put up with it tongue.png

Ah, yes, my telepathic skills should have known that - silly me. shaking fist.pnglaugh.png

Try this:

• Completely exit from the Steam client.
  • Go to C:\Program Files\Steam (or the Steam directory that was specified during installation).
  • Locate ClientRegistry.blob and rename this file to ClientRegistryOld.blob.
  • Restart Steam to allow the file to be recreated.
  • Test the issue once more.

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=5623-QOSV-5250

Setting Steam Launch Options

How do I set Steam launch options?

Important:

To ensure the security of your account, do not use the -login launch option on shared computers or any machines which may be accessed by other users.

Steam launch options can be used to change game settings, enable features, and even create a shortcut to bypass the Steam login window.

Please see the Setting Game Launch Options topic if you would like information on using launch options for specific games.

Set Steam Launch Options

1. Navigate to your Steam installation (by default this is located at C:\Program Files\Steam)
  2. Right-click on Steam.exe (this file is listed as an application and features the black and white Steam logo) and select Create Shortcut
  3. Right-click on the new shortcut and go to Properties
  4. Select the Shortcut tab
  5. In the Target: field add the launch options which you would like to use after the Steam.exe location (make sure to separate all launch options with a space - For example, " -launchoption1 -launchoption2")
  6. Click Apply and then OK to close the Properties window

Options to Use

Here are some of the more useful launch options:

• -login - Bypass the Steam login window by entering your login information
  • -tcp - Launches Steam with the TCP protocol rather than the UDP protocol
  • -clearbeta - If you have opted into a Steam client public beta, opts out and returns Steam to the current official release.
  • -silent - Launches Steam to the system tray only. Normal Steam windows will only appear after clicking the system tray icon. If a password is not stored, the normal login window will still be displayed.

Please be sure to take adequate precautions to ensure that no one else has access to view your password when it is saved in a shortcut.

Example

"C:\Program Files\Steam\Steam.exe" -login username password

I think I failed to mention how awesome Borderlands 2 is????

Is anyone playing it? If so;

WHich Class did you choose?

WHich Skill tree route are you aiming for?

How far in are you?

Initial thoughts?

I'm...

Maya.jpg

She started off very 'slow' and weak but I can already see her skill tree doing ample damage and really benefitting my play style.

I was questioning whether I'd made the right choice but she's slowly gaining my admiration. I think on another run-through, I'll have to go with Axton, I'm thinking the Turrent could be a useful addition. And especiall on the dual turret skill tree. Unstopable and mahoooosive damage.

I think I failed to mention how awesome Borderlands 2 is????

Is anyone playing it? If so;

WHich Class did you choose?

WHich Skill tree route are you aiming for?

How far in are you?

Initial thoughts?

I'm...

Maya.jpg

She started off very 'slow' and weak but I can already see her skill tree doing ample damage and really benefitting my play style.

I was questioning whether I'd made the right choice but she's slowly gaining my admiration. I think on another run-through, I'll have to go with Axton, I'm thinking the Turrent could be a useful addition. And especiall on the dual turret skill tree. Unstopable and mahoooosive damage.

been curious about the game but no idea what its about, having not played the 1st one. Advert intrigued me!

Ok Solo campaign on Borderlands is tough, i'd like to find anyone in the world capable of beating the game without respawning. It's impossible.

So i've had to review my character selection. A good few hours in and i've come to realise Maya is great in a co-op scenario and very weak on a solo run. I've started the game again with Axton (Commando) and so far, i'm breezing the early stages (partly due to his Sabre turrent and partly because i've done the first quarter with Maya). But there's a significant improvement in play style with Axton and i've got a quality customized 'head' skin that looks the shit.

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/1135162649604048389/949342D64FB6B56B05F118C033C9A0A67CCA86D8/

Edited by tenaciousj

I feel like i've been told off ha.

Like when you walk into a meeting a question something, and they repeat "it doesn't concern you"...then walk away with your tail between your legs.

Lol TJ, it's a video card update for Nvidia card pc's. Pc's regularly need to update drivers, and the latest Nvidia driver had Borderlands 2 technology in mind so there would be no issues for gamers who play it on pc.

If you have Xbox, and not pc, then it doesn't concern you ............ so mind your own business and don't be nosey you pesky console kid. shaking fist.pnglaugh.png