IGNORED

Video Game Thread

dark

@ Dawnguard.

1600 is a lot of money so I'll just see how this one is and then base my judgement. I've loved Skyrim so I can't really see Bethesda letting me down and I'll be taking it step by step rather than bashing it so I come out feeling happy. I've been playing it all day (around 10 hours) and I'm only two quests in so it's not as short as some people are making out. I think that so far its well worth the money - brilliant DLC.

Has anyone bought Batman: Harley's Revenge by the way? At 800 points it looks reasonable enough and from the pictures it actually looks rather tasty.

Been playing Minecraft recently. They just released a version for the Xbox360 for only $20. Not bad and a decent way to pass the time. I also just pre-ordered FIFA13...I hope they fixed the first touch and physics engine a little more. The first touch in online clubs is awful.

Edited by TonkaRoost

I remember playing something almost identical about 25 years ago on a Sega machine and it doesn't seem that much different, the graphics seem elementary or not much advanced even, but won't be playing

What we didn't have back in 1987/88 though was some miserable fucks on Twitter getting excited about 'reaching Level 2 ' or 'That looks awesome' or 'My friend Lucy and me just had a strawberry milkshake and got some ace scores'

Horrible Cunts dry.png

Minecraft has a massive following and actually does sound really good. The fact that you can build a world to your liking is superb but when I tried the demo it just didn't hook me (mostly because of the visuals).

At 1600MSP on the Live Marketplace its not cheap either - try the demo first marco!

that looks dogshit...rather play world of warcraft..in fact that's what i'm gonna do now..seeya later chaps! biggrin.png

The two games are nothing alike but okay.

Minecraft has a massive following and actually does sound really good. The fact that you can build a world to your liking is superb but when I tried the demo it just didn't hook me (mostly because of the visuals).

At 1600MSP on the Live Marketplace its not cheap either - try the demo first marco!

The design is very simplistic, but I think that's the point. I like watching youtube videos of some stuff people have built on the different worlds. very impressive.

Should I try Football Manager? I've always been more into the Career mode features on FIFA than the Online head to head stuff, so it seems like it would fit my likings more, but do you guys rate the game highly?

Yes! I love it and play it more than FIFA now. I wish there was some way to combine the two games somehow. It's very in-depth. I've groomed Barkley into a world class player, and it's useful for learning more about players that are currently out there today.

I also started a mode with Cambridge in the Blue Square and am trying to one day get in the Prem with them. Will take at least 10 years in the game I think to make it that high. I have a friend who plays with Ipswich. He's about 27 years in and now has the most prolific team on the game. Need a good processing system though... It runs kinda slow on my comp because it requires a ton of memory.

Edited by TonkaRoost

Should I try Football Manager? I've always been more into the Career mode features on FIFA than the Online head to head stuff, so it seems like it would fit my likings more, but do you guys rate the game highly?

Very highly. http://store.steampowered.com/app/71270/ try the demo for now, get used to all the features as tactics, training ect are more expansive, then wait until Oct for the new game or purchase and patch to get all the transfers from last season.

Very highly. http://store.steampo....com/app/71270/ try the demo for now, get used to all the features as tactics, training ect are more expansive, then wait until Oct for the new game or purchase and patch to get all the transfers from last season.

Thanks. And agreed with Tonka. Wish you could add the depth of FM with the ability to play/graphics/gameplay of FIFA. That would be the perfect game. Are there leagues all over the world in FM? Would I be able to manage in Ukraine or Kuwait? :P

Thanks. And agreed with Tonka. Wish you could add the depth of FM with the ability to play/graphics/gameplay of FIFA. That would be the perfect game. Are there leagues all over the world in FM? Would I be able to manage in Ukraine or Kuwait? tongue.png

Every major league is playable, I'm not sure if every country is playable, it may be possible depending on the size of the database you choose. You are going to lose many hours of your life if you already want to play the obscure leagues. Remember its cheating if you google players rather than scout.

^^^ Ya know what's weird, I find myself on FIFA playing like a Moyes team. I a lot of time play "negative" tactics, physical side, good from set pieces, good defensively etc... And I always find obscure players who turn out to be gems. I guess watching Moyes has affected me dry.png

combinin fm and fifa would be pointless..the whole point of fm is to manage and not play..that's why it's so in-depth..it would be far far far too easy if you could just play it yourself..i do wish they did an add on though...chairman manager or summat and you could use the money made(cos it's a pointless stat) to buy a small club and help them progress or summat..it would make people more willing to negotiate bigger contracts for themselves..i take the smallest amount for longest just to save the club money now and that's not realistic

combinin fm and fifa would be pointless..the whole point of fm is to manage and not play..that's why it's so in-depth..it would be far far far too easy if you could just play it yourself..i do wish they did an add on though...chairman manager or summat and you could use the money made(cos it's a pointless stat) to buy a small club and help them progress or summat..it would make people more willing to negotiate bigger contracts for themselves..i take the smallest amount for longest just to save the club money now and that's not realistic

Not necessarily. Make the playable mod extremely hard and incorporate more errors into the programming.

I might get FM. Used to love Championship Manager until my desktop died and I stopped playing. Started to get really complicated in the later additions too. Is CM still going?! And which is better for someone whos been out of the gaming workd for a few years.

Only got a work laptop for now, hopefully it can handle it

Edited by Matt

I might get FM. Used to love Championship Manager until my desktop died and I stopped playing. Started to get really complicated in the later additions too. Is CM still going?! And which is better for someone whos been out of the gaming workd for a few years.

Only got a work laptop for now, hopefully it can handle it

Football Manager all the way. I don't know anyone who plays Champ man unless it's the older editions.

There was a similar game to Fifa that was like a cross over of the fifa and a manager game. I struggle to remember the title, just remember Tino Asprilla was awesome on it.

FIFA Manager was the title. Thats the only managing game I've ever played and love it, I do want to try and get into Football Manager though so I can compare the two. I'm going the University this year though so I might stick it on for when I'm in the library till mad hours doing work.

I just started an FM2012 online network game with my friend (using Leeds). It's actually really fun, though it can be kind of slow when you're waiting on the other player to take their turn. I'm excited to play against him in the league when the time comes. I'm really curious to see what it would be like if one of us were to make it to the Premiership.

Noones run this story yet so I will.

What have these two got in common?

Michael%2BFassbender%2BHenry%2BLeutwyler.jpgAssassins_Creed_Altair.png

Answer: They'll be the same person :D

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2012/07/09/michael-fassbender-cast-in-assassins-creed-movie

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/4421620/Michael-Fassbender-leads-Assassins-Creed-cast.html

So not only does it include my favourite actor but he'll be playing a part (we're all guessing Altair/Ezio/Desmond) in one of my all time favourite game series'.

I'm far too excited!!! I really hope this is good, could it be the very first game-film adaptation to break the curse of horrific game-films...??

Fassbender I love you, please do not ruin this for me and many others. A thank you.

Had a friend last year who was in love with it. When the new expansion pack came out (the one last year) he missed two days of college so that he could get his character levelled up in it and discover anything. I've never tried it myself but would be open do doing so I just know that I woulden't have the time or commitment to get the benefits from such a game, the only RPG I've been able to do is the likes of Elder Scrolls and Fallout.