IGNORED

Video Game Thread

dark

If its too patriotic people here won't buy into it?

I would still buy it as I am sure that Ubi will make it so that the English can enjoy it. To be totally honest I woulden't mind assassinating English people because the game could justify why he needs to be killed (i.e. - he's a corrupt bellend) and so long as the game dosen't end up being too patriotic to America (which I can't see it being) I'll snatch a copy.

It's a longshot considering how closely Ubi work with History but they could spin the Revolution on its head, maybe the English become the allies.

All will become clear this October.

It was indeed the Crossbow, the bow & arrow has never been used in an Assassins Creed game to date. I'm a big fan of Archery though and although it sounds sad I've spent hour after hour on Skyrim just hunting in the bushes. I'll nip to my house after a long quest, get some pocket money of the wife, drop all my things in the front room and go off for a hunt for some dinner - quality times.

same zoo...love bow and arrow on any game it's wicked..love doin long shots on movin targets!

I hope they implement some skill into it though. On Assassins Creed with the gun it's pretty hard to miss (in fact its impossible I think) and that sucks IMO because to be a deadly assassin you need to have skill and as far as I can see shooting someone on AC takes no skill at all.

Skyrim on the other hand does, I have spent hours training myself at Archery and as a result am a really good hunter. At first I coulden't hit a barn door and as a result practiced in the town hitting the signs outside pubs and shops to get a feel for my range before going into the wild and hunting moving targets. As a result I have a feeling of pride for mastering the art of Archery and can also reap the benefits by using top Arching skills in battle.

I'd love something like this in Assassins Creed so that when I land the game winning-hit with a bow I feel like God rather than feeling like I've just 'held down B for a little bit longer than normal'.

Haven't met her I'm afraid. I've hardly touched on the game to be honest even though I've been playing solid since the game came out. I'm trying to take things a piece at a time, I've made Whiterun my home and spent the start getting to know the people and becoming friends with them all (as a result I can for example go into the pub and have free food and drinks) and I've managed to find myself a wife (who, for an NPC is fucking tasty).

I've joined the Thieves Guild and I've done some training there for archery. They have some of those dolls you see at military camps so I've spent a bit of time attacking them simulating a fight. I've yet to meet someone called Angi however, I'm sure I'll meet her on my travels :) I blasted through Oblivion and even though I loved it I felt as if I'd totally rushed it so I'm taking little steps in this one so that it lasts me a long time and I can enjoy every second of it.

• 3 weeks later...

Birthday Next week, hoping to get Mass Effect 3...love the other 2, f*cking incredible.

SSX is the next thing, SSX (original) and Tricky on the Gamecube were amazing, so i'm really looking forward to it :D

Louis: Much better idea selling it as a DLC rather than a game on its own.

The 2012 Euros game will be a DLC for FIFA that will cost around £15. The World Cup and 2008 Euros game were initially £40 each, so this is something I welcome.

There is also a stand-alone Euro 2012 game which is being made by Square Enix. I am interested to see what they can come up with and if it can challenge the likes of PES and FIFA.

I've also got my hands on a PS Vita and all I can say is they are fucking brilliant.

I don't play video games anymore, but admittedly did get involved here and there once upon a time.

Point being, did anyone play The Getaway - Black Monday from Team Soho at the time, the free roaming game on the streets of London.

Thing is, about three quarters through, you get to a bit where you're like on a penthouse roof and after killing about 30 people, you face a woman who just shoots at you, and comes out from behind a wall, no matter how many times you hit her she simply won't go down. I thought it was an error in the game but apparently not, I never could do it, even with cheats that were of no use in the end, eventually I gave up with it and never played it again.

A quite super game though, as is the first one they did.

Remember renting The Getaway and it was a really nice game, I only ever did a few of the missions though because I didn't understand it (being only a nipper at the time). I actually remember giggling to myself whenever the main character ran out of bullets because he said the word 'shit'.

Did anyone end up buying Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City? If so, was it as bad as the reviews suggested it was?

It's on my rental list so I'll have it soon. They need to step up from Resi 5 in my opinion because that wasn't too clever, it has looked good from the trailers and whatnot but until I get a hands on I won't be convinced.