IGNORED

Video Game Thread

dark

Have you completed it yet Av? It took me three days, (4 Hour sessions) and I must say it was going swimmingly until the last third of the game...which was a massive dissapointment...not only that but the ending and end level f*cked me off bigtime!!

It's no Borderlands and for me, its not as good. Far more on offer in Borderlands than Rage and if i was being critical, Rage was a poor effort to improve on BL's.

Don't get me wrong the Graphics, AI, Handling of Rage is near on impossible to compare to other games currently on the market, and it excels in all three aspects but the story, plot holes, lack of playbackability, really put a downer on what i thought had the potential to be (as you've suggested) game of the year.

Unfortunately from me, its not.

In regards to the Jackals Hideout, I will admit, that is a good bit biggrin.png

Hmmm .... I see what you meant by a naff ending.

That didn't make sense at all. I was just getting in to the game. shaking fist.png

Did they run out of money?

STEAM CHRISTMAS SALE: ONLY 2 HOURS LEFT:

BATMAN ARKHAM ASYLUM £2.49 smile.png

COD MW3 £29.99

FOOTBALL MANAGER £20.00

FALLOUT 3 IS ONLY £3.74 jump%20for%20joy.gif

KILLING FLOOR £3.74

I thought Fallout 3 was one of the best games in a long time. At this price, it's a must. Killing floor is a zombie shooter, with a bit of fear factor, and Batman at that price has to be worth a punt surely.

I bought a few games again today, but one in particular I'm quite taken with so far.

Alice, Madness returns. £7.49 down from £30. If you're a lover of artful imagination, you'll like this.

It's like a crazy take on Alice in Wonderland. Love the Cheshire Cat. biggrin.png

Alice+Madness+Returns3455h.jpg

20110413_preview_alice_madness_returns_splash.jpg

Alice-Kitty.jpg

Might be worth a gamble before it goes back up to thirty quid?

I like FarCry but this laptop will never run it

I ran it with my first pc. It was a 32 bit Barton core, and an ATI 9600 pro card.

It's just a great place to visit. White sandy beaches, and tropical scenery. wink.png Buy it any way, for when you upgrade.

For Farcry 2, you'll need a pc cpu with SSE2 instruction, but if you have a dual core you should be fine.

I bought Bullet Storm for £7.49 reduced from £29.99.

It's a bit different from the norm. Keybinds are probably better suited to an X-Box controller but I eventually found a compromise. So far not bad, and worth risking the money on.

Alice in Wonderland has still been a great buy if you're quick.

I bought a few games again today, but one in particular I'm quite taken with so far.

Alice, Madness returns. £7.49 down from £30. If you're a lover of artful imagination, you'll like this.

It's like a crazy take on Alice in Wonderland. Love the Cheshire Cat. biggrin.png

Alice+Madness+Returns3455h.jpg

20110413_preview_alice_madness_returns_splash.jpg

Alice-Kitty.jpg

Might be worth a gamble before it goes back up to thirty quid?

How is it? I bought it for the missus, think she'll like it?

How is it? I bought it for the missus, think she'll like it?

Yes, I think she'll love it, as long as she has gamed before. Very artful. There is a dark side to it though. It's kind of a take on 'What if Alice was insane' so there is plenty of knife slashing etc. I just love the pretty colours and butterfly deaths when I throw myself off the cliffs. biggrin.png

Has she got a sister Steve? wink.png

Shes got two older sisters, both very hot.

Yes, I think she'll love it, as long as she has gamed before. Very artful. There is a dark side to it though. It's kind of a take on 'What if Alice was insane' so there is plenty of knife slashing etc. I just love the pretty colours and butterfly deaths when I throw myself off the cliffs. biggrin.png

She's never gamed before (apart from Tekken, Tetris and Angry Birds) I bought it so she would get into gaming. And she was a fan of Alice and she is studying mental health so I thought the insane Alice would be right up her street.

Shes got two older sisters, both very hot.

She's never gamed before (apart from Tekken, Tetris and Angry Birds) I bought it so she would get into gaming. And she was a fan of Alice and she is studying mental health so I thought the insane Alice would be right up her street.

I think you'd like it yourself mate. It's kind of eccentric and quirky. I like it anyway.

rage is a tenner on gamestation if anyone is thinkin of buyin it...i was lookin at it and seein the reviews on here and the fact it's so cheap i'm defo gettin a copy...lovin skyrim at the moment playin it every free moment i get pretty much...its fuckin immense

I loved Rage, but it ends completely out of the blue.

You had much more use out of it yet Haf as I'm looking into getting one just curious if they live upto the hype and work as they should??

Yeah it is good fun to be honest. The mrs is a non gamer so it's ideal - got friends round for new year tonight so it's perfect for that. Plus any kids etc and you are looking at perfection.

Reason being is my shoulders arms and legs are sore from two 30 minute spells on it - and I'm no stranger to the gym or exercise. It's that intuitive its untrue - the potential it has is incredible. The future of being addicted to that type of gaming is ripped physiques as opposed to big guts.

There may be a novelty factor for many but I think developers may be throwing some time at this and it has longevity. For £120 including 4 games it's a bargain - the games add up to £90 alone. From game that is.