IGNORED

Video Game Thread

dark

That's the one with Andy Serkis isn't it ? I've not played it but I've read it's the closest thing to a game-movie yet.

That's it. Yeah, its weird, when you hear Sekis' voice acting, you realise how 'articficial' most other voice acting is.

It's not the most polished game (with some frame rate issues and texture glitches) but i really like it. As i say, you get a real feeling for the development of the characters and you get an impression that it could very easily be turned into a film.

The basic elements for the game are all there, it just needed a little more tinkering. That sad, it hasn't affected my game sessions so far.

• 2 weeks later...

Completed the campaign on MW3 two weeks ago (i think) really enjoyed it.

Had a few hours on the special ops with a mate the other night, not had that much fun on split screen since golden eye back in the old days.

absolutely mastered one of the ops, i think it was in Paris. Both of us got on high ground, a few rounds in and enough cash to get claymores and im laughing my head off blowing people up as they come round the corner, not to mention dogs blowing up too! A few rum and cokes later and we are barking out orders at each other, as if we were real soldiers.

88" screen and surround sound helped, felt like kids again playing war in the woods.

highly recommended for a good night.

I loved the Modern Warfare 3 campaign (especially the ending) and Spec Ops is a right laugh if you've got a mate. A couple of drinks helps too as when your half pissed it becomes nothing short of hilarious, the only downside from Modern Warfare is that I can't get into the multiplayer, it's not a patch on Black Ops in my opinion.

I myself have just started Halo: Anniversary which is boss, I woulden't have paid £40 so I rented it out, the visuals are obviously much better than the original whilst still keeping the 'feel' of the original. Multiplayer is nice too even though I got raped (not been on Halo online in months...)

Started 'Zelda - Skyward Sword Last night (after finally getting hold of a Wii motion plus upgrade thingy)...graphics are basic to say the least, but i'm starting to really enjoy it. I hope it continues to be a great as it first seems...very excited to get on it again smile.png

Edited by tenaciousj

With call of duty out of the way it's time to break out assassins creed revelations, not even opened the packet yet so I'm well excited.

ACR is a fanstastic game, I've just been side-tracked by Halo: Anniversary and Skyrim so I've not played that much of it. I'm only up to Memory 3 and that's nowhere near the end, the graphics are just as good as the last one and whilst Constantinople is smaller than the Italian cities its really nice to go around, not to mention the huge sea in the middle of it which can provide a nice little escape route to missions.

Also, Ezio has a beard.

I liked the Desmond side of the game but I'm getting bored of it now, it dosen't tend to lead anywhere and due to only being able to play as him for a short space of time I don't feel all that connected with him. I mean, if for some reason he dies in the next game I woulden't be bothered because I've not been given enough of an insight into his character.

Animus Island for me was strange but I'm only up to M3 and I've not unlocked any of the special stuff (unlocked by collecting Animus pieces round Constantinople) so we will have to see how it pans out.

It's also a strong rumour that the new Assassins Creed, Assassins Creed 3 will be set in America during the Revolution. Word of warning, the link does provide some spoilers about 'The Da Vinci Dissapearance' (http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Rumor-Assassin-Creed-3-Set-During-American-Revolution-39051.html)

Ubisoft may have nailed down a setting for the next chapter in the Assassin's Creed series. Rumor has it that Assassin's Creed 3 will take place during the American revolution. CVG says that AC3's setting and protagonist will be revealed soon. Ubisoft's fiscal year will end on March 31st so a public announcement of the game should come before then.

Although at the same time as this announcement there is a stronge rumour that AC3 could be set in Egypt.

Thoughts?

Personally i would have loved to have experienced the 'lives' of the Assassins found within Altair's Tomb in AC2. Where you pick up Altair's armour, there are 5(?) different assassins, one from Egypt, one from Russia etc....?

They have said that the series is nowhere near over and there will be plenty more assassins to play with. It has been confirmed that ACR is the last game that will have Ezio as the main character which is why there is so much speculation over AC3. I would have guessed it's set in Egypt due to the tomb that was found in the previous games but after playing the DVD DLC it's strongly hinting at New York (the GPS co-ordinates that Ezio and Da Vinci find).

After reading that article, I presume America is where the series is heading, not only that but the ending of ACR pretty much indicates that Desmonds story will end *see end cut scene* (without spoiling it for those who haven't completed it), which i'm guessing is in America?

StevO, it'd be great if the Animus has a 'lobby' where you had different gateways to the memories of the assassins and each gateway (following the last) meant you could visit the other ancestors timeline. Then once you've completed a portion of it, you're rewarded with a gadget or upgrade that meant you could then move to the next gateway 'memory' (sort of like Zelda)...and then when you get to a certain point, you have to re-visit older memories with gadetry that you acquired later on, to access 'deeper' memories of timelines before? :unsure: did that make sense? In my head it did :D

But like you say Zoo, it could go anywhere, and now that Ubisoft have the winning forumla and evidentally succesful mechanics for the game, all they need to do is revise the storyline and alter the asthetics :)

p.s. An assassins creed in the modern day, in my opinion, would suck.

Modern day Assassins Creed would be a load of balls and I think that Ubisoft know it. I've not finished Revelations but I'm quite happy that Desmond's story is coming to an end as I would much rather play with the assassins than him because he's such a dull person. He has the charisma of a wet fart and in the time that I've played with him I've learned nothing that warrents him to return in the next installment, for me the Assassins Creed games should focus more on the ancestors rather than the modern day people at Animus HQ.

Egypt would be nice though - Leap of Faith from a pyramid, locating your target from footprints in the sand (eagle vision) and the tombs that you can raid would be the actual tombs of the pharoahs, maybe even the biggest tomb (similar to the Romulus tomb in ACB) would be Tutenkahmuns (sp) and you could get something cool off him. Just an idea, but would it work?

Modern day Assassins Creed would be a load of balls and I think that Ubisoft know it. I've not finished Revelations but I'm quite happy that Desmond's story is coming to an end as I would much rather play with the assassins than him because he's such a dull person. He has the charisma of a wet fart and in the time that I've played with him I've learned nothing that warrents him to return in the next installment, for me the Assassins Creed games should focus more on the ancestors rather than the modern day people at Animus HQ.

Egypt would be nice though - Leap of Faith from a pyramid, locating your target from footprints in the sand (eagle vision) and the tombs that you can raid would be the actual tombs of the pharoahs, maybe even the biggest tomb (similar to the Romulus tomb in ACB) would be Tutenkahmuns (sp) and you could get something cool off him. Just an idea, but would it work?

Like you said, its a great idea, the only problem would be the gadetry...the only thing to hand would be a sythe and a spear and possibly the use of 'poisons'...similar to constructing bombs in ACR, but each poison had a desired effect. The tomb sequences could be amazing...

Agree with your views on Desmond, Altair wasn't the most interesting person but he was cool :D Ezio, was a charmer and a renegade, awesome character, love Ezio....(hence why i'm going to Florence in a months time (how f*cking sad is that :lol:)) but Desonds...is wet. Subject 16 was more of an interesting character, even his dad has more wit!

If they do modernise AC, i hope they modernise _______ 's cloak and gear, I just can't see an assassin during the Revolution to have a long, eastern european floaty cape, it'll have to look sweet as a nut to make it 'historically correct' like...

Costumedechevalen.JPG

Gentihommealamodede1693.JPG

With a hat instead of a cloak to hide his face....Obviously this isn't as detailed or as impressive as it could look, I was just gettin the general feel for what the new assassin could wear for the American Revolution :)