IGNORED

Video Game Thread

dark

I love the Euro and World Cup games but I was planning on only renting them this time so that I could play it for when the Euro's are on and then bin it off when they finish. The trouble is with it being DLC I have to pay for it which I just dont want to (especially at the stupid price) so it's going to be a no for me. FIFA is only good for online anyways, the Career mode has got boring IMO. Not a patch on PES'

Also regarding Dishonored. Anything by Bethesda = First day purchase.

Guest Nikica

I love the Euro and World Cup games but I was planning on only renting them this time so that I could play it for when the Euro's are on and then bin it off when they finish. The trouble is with it being DLC I have to pay for it which I just dont want to (especially at the stupid price) so it's going to be a no for me. FIFA is only good for online anyways, the Career mode has got boring IMO. Not a patch on PES'

Also regarding Dishonored. Anything by Bethesda = First day purchase.

Yep, I agree regarding online play. I find paying the CPU very boring, and only play online. I like the idea of Ultimate Team but cannot be bothered with all those games against the CPU. The capacity for human error makes football games more fun than a CPU following algorithms.

Just read expedition mode, which I was looking forward to, is offline only. Ouch.

Although, if you only play online, renting the Euros game would have been counter-productive anyway, as you wouldn't have an online pass (one of the biggest rip-offs in gaming these days). It's also unfair that anyone who doesn't own FIFA or who has traded it cannot play the Euros game.

The World Cup game was the best football game I had ever played, even better than PES4.

I don't know much about Dishonored, just thought the video was amazing. Is it an RPG( can't be bothered googling it)?

Edited by Nikica

I don't know much about Dishonored, just thought the video was amazing. Is it an RPG( can't be bothered googling it)?

Yeah I think so, I think your some sort of asssassin in a past/future world (I know that seems odd) plus with it being Bethesda that its their speciality...

And yes, online passes are for fannies. (Which is why I hate EA so much).

Guest Nikica

Dishonored sounds promising then.

Yeah, the Euros looks like a rip-off, but I am a sucker for tournament games. I am justify it to myself by saying that it's only every two years and I would probably have succumbed to a stand-alone title which would have cost twice as much anyway.

It's shocking that they cannot get the correct names for some of the non-qualifiers though. A mate of mine told me they have Cristiano Ronaldo's birth date wrong in FIFA. If that's true, it's shocking - he's one of the best players in the world, not exactly an obscure player.

People seem to be saying EA are making a good decision for once, but delving a bit deeper, they will probably profit even more than if they released a physical title: they haven't had to spend money making changes to the gameplay, or on discs, physical packaging etc, and many people with FIFA will buy it because it seems like they're doing something right for once.

In light of this, I really shouldn't buy it, but I just cannot help myself. I bought FIFA Street as well, I'm just a sucker for football games.

A mate of mine told me they have Cristiano Ronaldo's birth date wrong in FIFA. If that's true, it's shocking - he's one of the best players in the world, not exactly an obscure player.

The official Everton site had Arteta's date of birth wrong for the whole time he was here ;)

Guest Nikica

The official Everton site had Arteta's date of birth wrong for the whole time he was here wink.png

Wow! How does that happen in official circles?

Arteta was my favourite player of yours when he was there by the way. Was a shame you lost him.

In light of this, I really shouldn't buy it, but I just cannot help myself. I bought FIFA Street as well, I'm just a sucker for football games.

FIFA Street is good though and because it was something different it was well worth the £40 investment. What I'm saying is that I'm baffled as to how people are paying quite a bit of money to play the exact same game just with different advertising boards and teams made up of fake players. No offence to you of course mate but I really can't see why people are buying this (unless they are in love with the Euro's).

I might just wait till after the tournement and buy it when it goes on 'Deal of the Week' for about 400MSP.

Guest Nikica

Inevitable really, he deserved a shot at the bigtime, he seems to be enjoying his football which is good. Always have respect and appreciation for Arteta.

Yeah, Amazing that he would make the squad (and even team) of practically every country but can't get anywhere near the Spain squad because of their abundance of midfield geniuses.

Guest Nikica

FIFA Street is good though and because it was something different it was well worth the £40 investment. What I'm saying is that I'm baffled as to how people are paying quite a bit of money to play the exact same game just with different advertising boards and teams made up of fake players. No offence to you of course mate but I really can't see why people are buying this (unless they are in love with the Euro's).

I might just wait till after the tournement and buy it when it goes on 'Deal of the Week' for about 400MSP.

Nah mate, the silly thing is I am well aware of everything you say yet cannot stop myself. The thing is, I absolutely love the summer tournaments and rarely if ever miss a game, so it feels like part of the tournament for me.I buy magazines and such as well. It's like tradition, as I have been doing it since 1994.

Street is brilliant, the World Tour mode is class, and I play a lot of five a side so it's good to see it replicated in a game in this generation.

People need to check out PES more. PES 2012 is not a patch on FIFA 12 in terms of the Career Mode and the online play but the Be A Pro is out of this world. The depth is amazing, you can change boots to make you either faster or better at scoring, or to just add more swerve to your crosses. You are given objectives to complete by your manager and fans whilst at the same time being managed by your agent (who you pick yourself) and he speaks to clubs who you wish to play for throughout the season and gets you to where you want to be. It's so much better than FIFA and it's actually something which I'm loving at the moment.

So far I've;

Started my career at the age of 17 with Roda JC before moving to Ajax after six months. In the summer transfer window that followed I was poached by Juventus who signed me on a four year deal, I played there for 1 and 1/2 years before requesting a move and getting into the Real Madrid squad where I currently play. Fabulous stuff.

Guest Nikica

People need to check out PES more. PES 2012 is not a patch on FIFA 12 in terms of the Career Mode and the online play but the Be A Pro is out of this world. The depth is amazing, you can change boots to make you either faster or better at scoring, or to just add more swerve to your crosses. You are given objectives to complete by your manager and fans whilst at the same time being managed by your agent (who you pick yourself) and he speaks to clubs who you wish to play for throughout the season and gets you to where you want to be. It's so much better than FIFA and it's actually something which I'm loving at the moment.

So far I've;

Started my career at the age of 17 with Roda JC before moving to Ajax after six months. In the summer transfer window that followed I was poached by Juventus who signed me on a four year deal, I played there for 1 and 1/2 years before requesting a move and getting into the Real Madrid squad where I currently play. Fabulous stuff.

Yeah, I played Be a Legend on PES10, it's an excellent mode and I imagine it has been refined since then.

I succumbed to the Euro DLC by the way. I downloaded the trial, and when it ran out I was redirected to the purchase screen. My willpower hit rock bottom.

The expedition mode is very good, and I hammered my first two opponents online in the Euros tournament. I think I will enjoy it.

In other news, are you a fan of The Walking Dead? It's being released as an episodic video game and the first is coming to PSN today. I think it will cost about £4. You get two hours of game time, plus replay value as the choices you make affect the story. I'm going to buy it.

It is, I've been a customer for over 18 months and it's brilliant, due to being a long term customer I get first-day releases too (or around that time). I sent back Call of Juarez because it was shit and in return I've been given the new Kinect Star Wars to try, so I'll give you all a little review of what it's like if your into the movies.

As for Resi 5 it was shit, no other way around it. The controls were buggy, the menus looked like they had come straight from a PS1 game and the enemies were as tedious as the next lot, it was just awful. RC looks like a good game but based on reviews I think renting is the best way to go.

Edit: Please, don't buy Kinect Star Wars...

No good eh? What was it's downfall? Being a Star Wars fan, I was very tempted to buy it however all the negative reviews are making me think otherwise...

I've not finished the first chapter and it's boring as hell. The levels are really, really repetative and have you riding into a warzone on your motorbike (unsure what they are called in the Star Wars stories) and dodging trees to ensure that you reach your destination safely. You'll then fight wave after wave of aliens with your lightsaber which is stunning at first but soon gets really dull as all it takes it 2-3 hits and they are dead. They don't have different difficulties too which means you'll be doing the exact same movements for a good 5-10 minutes until you can move onto the next section of the map. You'll be able to use the force in combat which seems handy in these situations but it's really buggy and usually picks up a different object than the one that you want to select, usually meaning that you die due to picking up random pieces of gravel rather than the atomic bomb you wish to swing at the bad-guy you wish to eliminate - it becomes a hindernace rather than an attribute.

The 'bosses' in each map are unbelievably boring too. You'll have to 'block' them five times and doing that is way too easy, the boss will swing in slow-motion to either your right, left or above your head or to your legs meaning that you have to put your hand to the corrisponding location. This would be really good in normal time but because its in slow motio which just takes the whole action element out of the game and leaves you feeling like a 3 year old idiot.

Yoda's voice is irritating (in the sense that it's nothing like what he really sounds like) and the Kinect is so buggy its unbelievable. I've played Kinectimals, Kinect Sports, Rise of Nightmares, Kinect Adventures and much more with my sensor and never had a problem meaning that it literally is the game being designed poorly rather than my Kinect being shite.

It's one of the worst games I've ever played in my entire life and I've played a few bad ones believe me. Stay well clear mate and save yourself the dissapointment.

2/10.

Edited by Zoo

I've not finished the first chapter and it's boring as hell. The levels are really, really repetative and have you riding into a warzone on your motorbike (unsure what they are called in the Star Wars stories) and dodging trees to ensure that you reach your destination safely. You'll then fight wave after wave of aliens with your lightsaber which is stunning at first but soon gets really dull as all it takes it 2-3 hits and they are dead. They don't have different difficulties too which means you'll be doing the exact same movements for a good 5-10 minutes until you can move onto the next section of the map. You'll be able to use the force in combat which seems handy in these situations but it's really buggy and usually picks up a different object than the one that you want to select, usually meaning that you die due to picking up random pieces of gravel rather than the atomic bomb you wish to swing at the bad-guy you wish to eliminate - it becomes a hindernace rather than an attribute.

The 'bosses' in each map are unbelievably boring too. You'll have to 'block' them five times and doing that is way too easy, the boss will swing in slow-motion to either your right, left or above your head or to your legs meaning that you have to put your hand to the corrisponding location. This would be really good in normal time but because its in slow motio which just takes the whole action element out of the game and leaves you feeling like a 3 year old idiot.

Yoda's voice is irritating (in the sense that it's nothing like what he really sounds like) and the Kinect is so buggy its unbelievable. I've played Kinectimals, Kinect Sports, Rise of Nightmares, Kinect Adventures and much more with my sensor and never had a problem meaning that it literally is the game being designed poorly rather than my Kinect being shite.

It's one of the worst games I've ever played in my entire life and I've played a few bad ones believe me. Stay well clear mate and save yourself the dissapointment.

2/10.

Cheers for that mate, might just rent it instead of purchasing it :)

Was looking for a nostalgic fix today so I picked up Dragon Ball Z: Burst Limit for $15. Anyone played any of these games?

PS - Can't wait for Mario Tennis on 3DS! Hope it's as fun as the one on N64

Guest Nikica

Downloaded and completed the first episode of Walking Dead last night (the game I allude to above). Absolute class. It has loads of replay value as well, as choices you make affect the plot.

If anyone is interested in trophies/achievements, the game has an easy platinum (provided you buy all five episodes) as every trophy is stroy-related and therefore none can be missed.

Episodes are released monthly apparently, with each ep costing £4. You can buy a season pass for £16, effectively getting an episode for free. Just thought I would throw it out there if anyone on here likes TWD or point-and-click games.

Watchdog are investigating claims that the Euro 2012 game is not what EA claimed it would be.

People have compared it with the World Cup game from two years ago which included 199 licenses and qualification mode whilst this new one has next to nothing but a handful of licenses.

Guest Nikica

Watchdog are investigating claims that the Euro 2012 game is not what EA claimed it would be.

People have compared it with the World Cup game from two years ago which included 199 licenses and qualification mode whilst this new one has next to nothing but a handful of licenses.

There are a lot of problems with it. The game is very buggy as well and constantly crashes.

I only bought it for the trophies and expedition mode really. I'm glad it's being investigated.

Can somebody help here? I'm thinking of getting the Euro 2012 purely so that I can play it with my Dad, I've decided that 1800MSP is peanuts for some quality father and son time but I'm a little put off with the post that Louis has put up so I'm hoping that someone (Nikica I'm looking at you) can help me.

a.) Can I go through the whole qualification process in Co-Op?

b.) Can I go through the 'Expedition' mode in Co-Op?

There is no point buying it if I have to play on my own because I'm not that hyped about it. The only reason I'll be making a purchase is if I can qualify and then win the European Championship with my Dad sat next to me. Cheers for the responses.

Cheers for that mate, might just rent it instead of purchasing it smile.png

Exactly what I did because it looks like a really good game on face value. By all means rent and see if you like it or not, just don't make the mistake that many have made and fork out £30-40 on a broken Kinect title.

Edited by Zoo

Guest Nikica

Can somebody help here? I'm thinking of getting the Euro 2012 purely so that I can play it with my Dad, I've decided that 1800MSP is peanuts for some quality father and son time but I'm a little put off with the post that Louis has put up so I'm hoping that someone (Nikica I'm looking at you) can help me.

a.) Can I go through the whole qualification process in Co-Op?

b.) Can I go through the 'Expedition' mode in Co-Op?

There is no point buying it if I have to play on my own because I'm not that hyped about it. The only reason I'll be making a purchase is if I can qualify and then win the European Championship with my Dad sat next to me. Cheers for the responses.

Exactly what I did because it looks like a really good game on face value. By all means rent and see if you like it or not, just don't make the mistake that many have made and fork out £30-40 on a broken Kinect title.

A) No, rubbish isn't it?

B I am not sure, I think so, but best to check.

Edited by Nikica

Guest Nikica

I finally got the answer to your question by the way (can't post it in there as that thread has started killing the site for me again).

I already got Cannavaro, and the other answer is Raymond Kopa.

Guest Nikica

Thanks mate. I tried the shoutbox but it didn't work properly. I've just posted there.

I will do that more in future, cheers.

Edited by Nikica

I already got Cannavaro, and the other answer is Raymond Kopa.

Kopa is right (I'll change the thread now to show that you've answered them all).

Thanks for letting me know about the Euro game too, I think I'll stay well clear.

Guest Nikica

Kopa is right (I'll change the thread now to show that you've answered them all).

Thanks for letting me know about the Euro game too, I think I'll stay well clear.

No problem. Yeah, streer clear.

That's a cool idea, i'm not online though, so i won't get much of a chance to play it.

On a side note, has anyone played on SSX? I've always loved the series and I was bought the new one for teh 360, I really really enjoy it.

It's OTT yeah, but not a patch on Tricky for crazyness. They've tried to "realistically" approach the reasons as to why the riders can spin on their board and become unattached to it.

It's a right hoot like, one major downside is that it isn't two player capatible on one console (No split screen option)...the online features are meant to be awesome but again, i'm not online so can't benefit :(

Just rented The Witcher II (which is sold out in most shops) and it's really fun. It reminds me a lot of Dragon Age with the way it plays but I'm actually really enjoying it, I've not finished the Prologue yet because it's split into about five parts and I spent a lot of time in the tutorial getting to know all the buttons and menus. I'm looking forward to juggling my time between that and AC: Revelations.

Also, can anyone tell me why they have reset the squads on FIFA 12? I've just gone to go online and Louis Saha is now our starting striker and Jelavic/Gibson/Pienaar are nowhere to be seen. I tell you, FIFA 12 is so lame in some aspects, gets right on my tits it does.