IGNORED

Video Game Thread

dark

I've just bought 'The Simpsons' game on xbox 360.

I remember playing the demo and thinking it was hard, so far the game has been quite easy!

Simpsons Hit and Run was a classic.

I've ordered Red Dead Redemption with all DLC for £15, but it's currently out of stock.

The Simpsons Game was quite fun IMO (not a patch on Hit & Run) but a nice little campaign to go through. As for Red Dead Redemption it is one of the best games I've ever played. The Undead Nightmare DLC wasn't as good as I'd expected it to be but the stand-alone campagin is nothing short of a master-piece (definate 9/10).

Let us know what you think of it Louis.

I'd love to get into Mass Effect but I just can't seem to be able to. I played the first game after it had been out for a good while and it meant that it was really out-dated and even though I could grasp the story it just didn't seem to keep me hooked. Not to mention that all the vehicles handled like a refrigerator on roller-skates.

It does look like a neat game though, maybe one day I'll get hooked and defeat those damn Reapers.

2nd is far better...less fuckin about in vehicles which i hated

I might just read what happens in the first one on Wiki and then start from 2. When I played 2 it didn't seem that out-dated and there wasn't any shitty vehicles that I had to drive, I remember in the first game I failed a few missions because my car would spaz out and roll over into a large platoon of aliens.

It's on my rental list so I'll have it soon. They need to step up from Resi 5 in my opinion because that wasn't too clever, it has looked good from the trailers and whatnot but until I get a hands on I won't be convinced.

Good call on renting, apparently it's not even worthy of being called a Resident Evil title ohmy.png

As for Resident Evil 5, I would call it somewhat of a decent game, but to me it was just a crapper version of 4 which was the true masterpiece. Hopefully 6 can eclipse 4.

Good call on renting, apparently it's not even worthy of being called a Resident Evil title ohmy.png

It is, I've been a customer for over 18 months and it's brilliant, due to being a long term customer I get first-day releases too (or around that time). I sent back Call of Juarez because it was shit and in return I've been given the new Kinect Star Wars to try, so I'll give you all a little review of what it's like if your into the movies.

As for Resi 5 it was shit, no other way around it. The controls were buggy, the menus looked like they had come straight from a PS1 game and the enemies were as tedious as the next lot, it was just awful. RC looks like a good game but based on reviews I think renting is the best way to go.

Edit: Please, don't buy Kinect Star Wars...

Edited by Zoo

I didn't find R5 to bad but then again I was playing it with the missus on two player which added abit more to it...

Not a patch on the older ones though they seem to have lost their way abit with the modern ones. I might give the new one a bash or wait for a test dummy on here to give their two cents :)

I went into one of those computer shops back in the winter, needed a new PS2 controller for someone, lo and behold they were priced at sixty pounds or just under, I couldn't believe it, just the controller on it's own, don't know what they were playing at, they had some other ones at about £10 but they weren't the ones I was after and had too many buttons and were not fingers friendly. Used a PS1 instead eventually, they work on the later model but you can't use them on all the games released for the PS2 model. But £60 for a new control thing ?, someone needs pistol whipping for such things.

anyone played dragon age? either of them on xbox? got them both for a tenner cos they look my kind of thing

They are my ex-girlfriend's favourite games, I personally don't think they are anything to write home about. She said that the first one is a lot better than the second (even though the second is still quite good) and I know that there is loads of DLC for both titles should you dust everything off.

i love a role playin game with lots of scrappin which is what it is..the fighting system could use some work but still pretty fun

The only RPG's I like are the ones made by Bethesda, I just like the way they do things. I might have had some bad ideas in my head at the time of playing Dragon Age though, I had just finished Oblivion so in comparison there was no question which was the better game, I may end up playing it again it just seemed really out-dated to me.

Glad to hear you're enjoying it though.

TripleTown has taken over my life. I can't stop playing it. Every spare second I play on it, on the loo, in work, in work on the loo...its rediculous.

I'm currently sitting here and waiting for my 'moves' to refresh, every 1 or 2 (because im inpatient), I play. So i sit for another couple of minutes just doing nothing....

Guest Nikica

Is anyone getting the Euros game tomorrow? I realise it's a downloadable add-on to FIFA as opposed to the generic stand-alone title, and hence there will be no gameplay changes, but £16 seems okay for a tournament game given that they are a biennial occurrence.

The expedition mode looks pretty interesting.

Is anyone getting the Euros game tomorrow? I realise it's a downloadable add-on to FIFA as opposed to the generic stand-alone title, and hence there will be no gameplay changes, but £16 seems okay for a tournament game given that they are a biennial occurrence.

The expedition mode looks pretty interesting.

I don't fancy paying that much money at the moment for something like this. I'll see what people say about it and then decide, I doubt I'll be making a purchase. Has anyone played The Witcher II by the way? It looks awesome (bit like Assassins Creed) and was wondering if anyone had picked it up.

Also - cannot wait for this;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFN-XvNkm8A