IGNORED

Video Game Thread

dark

I've read that it has frame rate issues and sometimes staggers

I've not tested the frame rates, nor played online, but my game runs smoothly in single player. The only issues I had were deciding which settings for the graphics, as I needed to adjust a few things regarding motion blur etc.

The game itself looks very nice. A very cool environment to hang out.

Is it better than FarCry 2? Because I have to admit FarCry 3 looks like a really good game but I'm put off by it because of how bad FarCry 2 was. I'm unsure if I even want to waste a rental on it just in case it's terrible.

Not sure how you can call Farcry 2 bad, but each to their own I guess. It was a little repetitive, but there were lots of great aspects too.

So far, I've only scratched the surface of Farcry 3, but it is starting to grow on me. The scenery is very nice, and there are lots of animals, from tigers to crocodiles, sharks, monkees, Comodo dragons, wild boars and so on, so very much a new venture in that sense.

I've not bothered with multiplayer yet, but so far I'd say it's a great game if you enjoy being chilled out in a beautiful place, with no need to rush anything.

You can get it here for a bargain price of only £22 http://www.simplygames.com/search.php?k=far+cry+3&pc=All

Well, its by the same people so its going to have some elements of the FarCry franchise in it. I'll give it a go though because it does look really good, I guess I'll only know if I try it! smile.png

Farcry 1 was one of the best games I've ever played. Would highly recommend it to any new gamer. FC 2 had a lot to live up to, and as such received critisism, but returning to it at a much later date without needing to judge it felt much better.

FC 3 is utterly stunning regarding the islands. Time will tell.

I'm evidently too old to be playing video games but at this moment in time am participating in another attempt at GTA3.

'Mike Lips Last Lunch' mission, where you have to plant a bomb in his vehicle and take it back to the restaurant, but if you get a single scratch on the car, you have to take it into repair, and then you don't have enough time to finish the mission. It's a challenge but nonetheless causes no end of frustration. You do have infinite lives to spare if you get killed though, but can only be a matter of time before I just have enough of this game etc.

It is a decent game though, I'll give it that

• 3 weeks later...

I've never even heard of most of these titles. However plan to venture into relevant stores some time soon to see if they have a title or two I may be interested in. Gaming is for kids, but admittedly do have a go every now and again when the occasion arises, but few and far between now.

http://store.steampowered.com/

Purchase in sale, and download straight to your pc. The Steam library account holds your game forever. Shopping for games is expensive. Online is the way.

• 2 weeks later...

The missus' father has a PS3 and after playing on it for a few weeks I decided to get one for myself. As it stands I've only got Uncharted 3 and PES 2013 (both of which are brilliant) and I was just wondering if you Sony users had any recommendations? I've been thinking about FarCry 3 when the price comes down and maybe looking at Heavy Rain or the Resistance franchise.

My PSN too (anyone is welcome to add me, just let me know you're name so I know who you are) - xDeusVeloxNex

My XBL - Son Of Apathy