IGNORED

Video Game Thread

dark

Does anyone do custom set pieces on FIFA 13? I'm trying to get some good ones to come off after conceding a goal to one earlier. I think I've got a good one set-up for corners but was wondering if anyone used them actively online..

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Arkham Asylum & Arkham City were two brilliant games. I'm a little worried about this one considering that it's going to come from different people but hopefully they'll keep most of the key elements to keep it a worthwhile purchase.

Whilst I'm in the topic who's watching the Xbox reveal tomorrow? I've been excited about this since it was announced at the start of the month.

Disappointing at first but it's started to look promising at the end. 'XBOX ONE' is a really poor name considering some of the ones that were thrown around the place (I got used to it at the end of the show though so I can get used to it).

The TV features look great but I won't be using any of them. What I liked was that you can now use the internet whilst playing and Skype whilst playing too (or if your watching the football).

The new graphics looks brilliant too, COD: Ghosts looks impressive.

Shame that Xbox dodged the big questions such as - the price, whether you can play used games.

My first Xbox was £99, Xbox 360 was £270 (second one was £140) and I suspect this one will start off around £400.

It doesn't appeal to me, I think they were scraping the barrel, their launch featured a tie-in with NFL to promote fantasy football real-time updates, it seems pretty desperate? There's nothing wrong with current generation consoles smile.png

Finished Uncharted 3 this evening, I enjoyed the whole series.

I think they're just trying too hard to be honest. They're trying to pack too much into the new Xbox and it's putting people off. The new one won't release for £400 though, they'll make it around the same price as the PS4 to try and get higher sales than it. I'm guessing it'll be around £250-£300.

couldn't get into it myself..brother-in-law had it..tried it and didn't like it..maybe i didn't give it enough chance though

It's as cheap as a penny. get onto it :P

I'd never heard of Death Stroke either tbh, but I enjoy these Arkham games.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm underwhelmed by the new generation of consoles. It feels so forced.

Completely agree (+2).

Although the PS4 decimates the others and I hate Playstation. They're walking away with it in terms of the closest thing to an ACTUAL games console. Too much emphasis on other things and abilities, forgetting that first and fore mostly, that they're games consoles.

If they clear up the used-games policy then I'll get an Xbox One. I'm totally under-whelmed about it all like everyone else but given the choice of the two it's always going to be Xbox. PlayStation has never cut it for me and even though the press are rimming them I'm still not excited about their console. It's an improvement on a poor predecessor for me.

I can't believe console users have to pay a further monthly premium to play online. My daughter says she pays £6 per month, yet she is using 'my' Internet, not theirs, so they aren't providing an Internet service themselves. I find that quite a piss take.

PlayStation is free (I think). It's only the Xbox that charges you to go online with it. I don't mind however as £40 for a year isn't exactly going to break my bank.

The third one up is not right there is no way an Xbox has such blurred graphics in comparison to a PC regardless f how high end it is and the others just look like they are not running the consoles through a HDMI or at 1080p..

I have all three and I must admit (some) shoot em ups are better on the PC but most other games for Me have much better game play on a console.