IGNORED

Video Game Thread

dark

Going back far enough (circa 1979) all you had was a Binatone. I think kids today take todays technologies for granted and don't quite realize how fundamental gameplay used to be. Content enough with a PS2 for some infrequent games. No need to bring out a new damn version every damn year and the old models become almost obselete. Between say 1981 and 1984 it was a great era for console playing with some now iconic titles such as Defender, Donkey Kong, Centipede and such releases.

Ah, ok then. :dont know:

Zoo, folk use consoles for a number of reasons, but to suggest they are better gameplay than a dedicated gaming pc is absolutely ludicrous. They might be better than your Home Bargains desk top, but jeez.

My graphics card alone cost me more that the 'new' xbox 7 consoles will cost. There is a very good reason for that, and it's not because it has go faster stickers on it. Unless you have owned a modern gaming pc, you can't imagine the difference in quality.

Not only is there better graphics, but better performance throughout, and you can plug a joystick in a pc too if you feel like.

video_994.jpg

video_994.jpg

video_994.jpg

Av

It's not a new game by any means but if You like games like COD and so on then Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory is the most addictive game I've ever played.

It's free and has a huge following and has a great online community http://www.splashdamage.com/content/wolfenstein-enemy-territory-barracks

Well worth downloading and getting used to bud

Av

It's not a new game by any means but if You like games like COD and so on then Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory is the most addictive game I've ever played.

It's free and has a huge following and has a great online community http://www.splashdamage.com/content/wolfenstein-enemy-territory-barracks

Well worth downloading and getting used to bud

I think that was around just before I got into gaming. My first real game was Farcry (wonderful game for anybody with a so so pc btw) around 2004 and we were heavily involved in gaming by 2005 with our own clans, leagues, forums, and servers etc.

I don't think I could play Wolfenstein now though and get inspired, as it's just so old as far as graphics go. Besides, I have about 150 games, lots I've not played yet for my sins ha ha, so only so many hours in the day lol. :rofl:

Personally I'm very excited about the PS4.

The set up with my PS3 with my recently new sound system is amazing as it is, but the extra output from the PS4 should just add to it. And with the possibility of going 4k pretty soon (bought a 4k compatible amp a couple months back) I just can't wait for Christmas. My family won't miss me for one year I'm sure!

The clip above shows a little bit of the PS4 and some of the new tech on there. It's a bit simple, but the stuff this playroom can do looks impressive.

Edited by StevO

Just finished AC revelations and really enjoyed it! It suprised me tbh, I was expecting to hate it from start to finish but I enjoyed it just as much as the others. Just moving on to 3 now and hopefully finish this in time for Black flag! :)

Anybody tried "The last of us" yet?

Started it yesterday, starts off kinda slow I thought but seems to be getting better the more I play.

The only thing stopping me from getting an Xbox was not being able to rent games. Now that I can do this I'll be getting one and I can see many people following. The Xbox is the better console and I'm sure many people will see it.

It's a better entertainment platform (The One) but the better games console is the PS4 by a country mile.

One is built for everyone to use as a multiple media station, the other is a games console with multifunctional capabilities. That's a big difference. Especially to gamers.

The lack of exclusives on the One is worrying. The likes of Uncharteted, Kill Zone, God of War and The last of us, absolutely smashed sales over the past couple of years. What 'cards' do Microsoft have up their sleeve? We'll have to wait and see.

On the evidence so far, I'd take Sony's offering and I've never owned a Sony product. Ever.

Microsoft are setting up four studios working on just exclusive content so I think they'll have something pretty big coming out.

KillZone and GOW don't really bother me. Uncharted 3 was brilliant and TLOU looks good but for me I'd rather stick to Xbox seeing as that's what I'm used to. I think Microsoft will pull it off, they've took the first step to winning the race by admitting they were wrong.

The only reason that the Xbox is dearer is because it comes with a Kinect. If it didn't come with one then they would be the same price. I personally don't mind as I'll use the Kinect sensor as I work out at the moment using it and have both Kinect Sports titles for when I'm in the mood for them. I can totally understand people not wanting the Kinect sensor but it gets far more greif than it should do.

For me, I'm used to the Xbox and believe it to be the better console. The Xbox & PS4 specs are pretty similar I believe so I'll just stick to what I know and like. The fact that Microsoft have opened four new design studios purely for exclusive games makes me think that Xbox will dominate in the coming years as Indie titles don't interest me and don't have a bigger pull than full, exclusive titles such as Halo.

Another thing too is that I hate this PlayStation band-wagon that's going around. If PlayStation would have announced their console first I can guarentee that they would have had some form of block on used games. The fact that it caused such as shit-storm with Xbox means that they just took it out and pretended that it was never there. I agree that Microsoft have acted like dicks but Sony themselves aren't angels. Both companies want as much money as they can and both don't care how they get it. The whole 'PlayStation = Good, Xbox = Bad' image that's going round is complete bollocks.

The only reason that the Xbox is dearer is because it comes with a Kinect. If it didn't come with one then they would be the same price. I personally don't mind as I'll use the Kinect sensor as I work out at the moment using it and have both Kinect Sports titles for when I'm in the mood for them. I can totally understand people not wanting the Kinect sensor but it gets far more greif than it should do.

For me, I'm used to the Xbox and believe it to be the better console. The Xbox & PS4 specs are pretty similar I believe so I'll just stick to what I know and like. The fact that Microsoft have opened four new design studios purely for exclusive games makes me think that Xbox will dominate in the coming years as Indie titles don't interest me and don't have a bigger pull than full, exclusive titles such as Halo.

Another thing too is that I hate this PlayStation band-wagon that's going around. If PlayStation would have announced their console first I can guarentee that they would have had some form of block on used games. The fact that it caused such as shit-storm with Xbox means that they just took it out and pretended that it was never there. I agree that Microsoft have acted like dicks but Sony themselves aren't angels. Both companies want as much money as they can and both don't care how they get it. The whole 'PlayStation = Good, Xbox = Bad' image that's going round is complete bollocks.

It is bollocks and childish, really don't let stuff like that ruin your life. It's not worth it.

They did announce it first and no they didn't.

Waste of money then?

It is as present, can't deny it.

Kinect-smect. bah.

With StevO. Never rated/liked Playstation that much but i'm definitely getting a PS4 over a ONE.

Appreciate the support ten! But I've been a play station man ever since saga disappeared. Had my ps3 (the fat one) for years, never had a single problem, they never had my card details so lost nothing when they were hacked, never had a ring of death like a lot of my friends and work colleagues have, every software update I've done has worked fine, I've used it in my home cinema for the last two years and enjoyed bluray with it, had four friends play together on it with no issues. If Xbox wanted to get my business they would have to do something quite impressive.

Reliability and cost are two major factors for me, as both with be at the top of technology with them both being launched together, the only differences will be quirky things anyway, nothing of massive substance. There are no game changers with either of the next gen from what I can see.

But Zoo, I get what you say that it comes with connect and ps4 doesn't come with the eye. But I'm into COD, FIFA and AC, why would I need connect? I'd rather spend the £80 on a second controller so my mate can play with me.

None of us know that Sony would have blocked their games like Xbox were planning.. I don't see why you assume they would? They've done nothing like it in the past, they have never charged for online access, I don't see why they would start restricting now when they never have before.

Edited by StevO