IGNORED

Video Game Thread

dark

It's starting to feel like Lost now though, I get the impression that they don't know what to do with it storyline-wise and they make things up as they go along.

I get the feeling that they don't know how to end it in a satisfying way given how big the series is so I agree with you on that count. I've not finished 3 so I don't know how it ends so couldn't really comment on how the series is at the moment but I hope they find some way of ending Desmond's storyline without dragging it on, the worst part about the whole series for me was in Revelations where you had those awful side-missions on Animus Island with that triangle/square generator.

Yeah, agree on Desmonds story, I thought it'd have finished by now. Move on. Forget Desmond and just play as an Assassin, no need for all this back and forth bollocks.

I've only just started AC3, was bought for us at the weekend. Up to the bit were Conner has just met Achilles? Before that, it was too disjointed. I did like the twist with Haytham though, didn't see that coming!

I've only just started AC3, was bought for us at the weekend. Up to the bit were Conner has just met Achilles? Before that, it was too disjointed. I did like the twist with Haytham though, didn't see that coming!

One of the few moments in video games where I was literally thinking - wtf?! But that storyline was just disjointed as you say, one of the bad things in AC I feel is that they try and make it too complicated, instead of just having a game where you're an 'assassin killing the bad guys' you're playing as Haytham, then back to Desmond then to Connor then to bloody Haytham's second grandma.

But yeah I'm not much further on from you J, I think I'm one chapter on from where you meet him.

PETA, the anti-cruelty to animals group complained about AC4 (Black Flag) having whaling in the game.

Ubisoft's PR responded with:

Ubisoft's senior PR manager, Stone Chin, addressed the game's historical context directly in an email to Polygon.

"History is our playground in Assassin's Creed," Chin said. "Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag is a work of fiction that depicts the real events during the golden era of pirates. We do not condone illegal whaling, just as we don't condone a pirate lifestyle of poor hygiene, plundering, hijacking ships, and over-the legal-limit drunken debauchery."

What fucking idiots.

They're a little late too because in Assassins Creed 3 you can go hunting to kill deer and other animals. It's also nothing new as in Skyrim (released in 2011) you could go out and kill all kinds. They've just made total fools out of themselves.

Edited by Zoo

I'm way behind on my AC's!! I loved AC 2 so much that I was a little bit scared of starting revelations because it looked like a bit of a let down! To see there is already a new game is quite surprising, there is usually quite a gap between AC games. Wasnt 3 released just before Christmas? Anyway, better get my hands on revelations and 3 soon!

I think that there has been an AC every year because thats what some people kick off about. Instead of planning and taking time with their games they seem to churn them out just like the Call of Duty franchise.

Revelations does begin as a massive let-down but how the whole story comes together is amazing so I'd recommend you play it just to find out what happens, you also need to play Brotherhood too because you say you enjoyed AC2 yet made no mention of it (and that's the link between 2 and Revelations).

The new Sim City is receiving a rollicking from customers (USA, at east - it's not released in UK yet). Look at the rating on Amazon:

bsm.png

Amazon in USA has pulled the product and will not sell any more until it's fixed. It's to do with a new type of DRM - a way of trying to prevent piracy. The game needs to be connected to the internet so that you can play, yet the servers are down so very few people can play. For a £65 downloadable game, it's not good enough.

Crysis 3 only £21 for the Origin key.

Email received within minutes, and can download as soon as you register with Origin.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=181095147206&ssPageName=ADME:L:OC:GB:3160

I don't know if any of you guys play games, as not once has anybody acknowledged any deal I've given anybody, but it's my nature to share. shaking fist.png

I don't know if any of you guys play games, as not once has anybody acknowledged any deal I've given anybody, but it's my nature to share. shaking%20fist.png

I always look at the deals you share with people but I don't use Steam or play games on my PC. I play on the 360 & PS3 but only play games that I've rented from Lovefilm. The only time that I'll get a new game is at birthdays and Christmas - £40 is too expensive for a game that I'll complete and never do again.

Anyone playing Tomb Raider? It's awesome!

Yup, my mother bought it for my father yesterday so I've been playing it while he was at work. I'm back in Wales now so I might pick it up so I can play it myself, it's defiantly looking like a top game :).

The only one I ever played was the very first release in 1996 but I found the gameplay too difficult. I spent a few hours and could go no further. Too bad they made a movie about it with the awful leather faced Jolie 'actress'. I haven't played any subsequent releases and just wouldn't have the interest or indeed time for it.

Assassins Creed - Black Flag. Looks the shit.

This!

I saw the ad the other day and nearly shat my pants!

I've had the last one since christmas but still not even took the plastic off yet. Been too busy with COD, i'll have to get started on it soon.

The missus got me Fist of The North Star - Kens Rage 2 a few weeks ago because I used to be a Manga nerd and loved the Animated movie and the OVA's

Anyway top fighting game and great value for money as the game goes on and on! Just started playing the new Aliens game which seems decent but playing time is limited.....to daylight only

seein as i have a couple weeks off after this weekend(spending the first week in scotland) i have treated myself to far cry 3 and darksiders 2..both look awesome and brother in law had darksiders which looked wicked

FarCry 3 is immense. You'll spend your whole holiday on it.

Playing FIFA online for the first time in about six months seeing as I took a break from it and it's immense! The game itself has a lot of flaws but when you come back to it for the first time in a while you do really forget about them. Seeing as I'd forgot most of the buttons I played in the 'Online Cup' (so my rankings didn't go all floppy) and I was surprised to say that I won (comfortably) against Newcastle United 3-1.

I may have found my love for FIFA again smile.png

Edit: Was 5-1 up against Milan too until the guy quit out, just the final now!

Edited by Zoo