IGNORED

Video Game Thread

dark

I was expecting it to be more of a 'surrounded' thing, like putting your head in a space helmet tv screen etc.

I'd imagine it looks that way when you've got your head in it, eyes up close and brain interpreting.....I've not tried it yet.

Probably doesn't come across so well via a video.

I was expecting it to be more of a 'surrounded' thing, like putting your head in a space helmet tv screen etc.

It is....mind blowing! You have complete uninterrupted 360 degree vision....can look behind you, up, down.....there's no limit.

Did a roller coaster (really had to keep telling myself it wasn't real, the only thing missing was the g force) and a space flight, which was really relaxing.

So impressed, no release date for the commercial version yet (this is a development version) but probably next year....that's one of Josh's eighteenth birthday presents sorted!

• 2 weeks later...

ross barkley 71...haf is gonna go mental

on another note...only 9 days until gta...YES!

Moyes really is a greedy jock ain't he... £20m in the bank off us, being paid by the Mancs, punditry for ITV and now he's getting paid for submitting ratings for computer games. If Phil Neville is at 80 with Naismith about 82 it's deffo Moyes.

I get confused with abbreviations often enough, but you were discussing Grand Theft Auto 5 ?

Hell, I've only played the first one, released around 2001, and couldn't get past the first level . In the end, I got so irritated with play, that I never attempted another go. Even a map, or layout, of Liberty City didn't help when you couldn't get over the bridge or access the subway.

So therefore don't think any subsequent releases would be of much use. I think at a certain age, it's too unsavory or questionable to be involved with gaming things. You have a go and you think to yourself - "Aren't I a little too old to be doing this"

Rockstar recently stated that the map size of the upcoming GTA V is going to be greater than that of Red Dead Redemption, GTA IV and GTA: San Andreas combined. A quick spot of research reveals their map sizes as 28, 6.8 and 13.9 square miles respectively, and so combined they total almost 49 square mile

4536811069_5ed802da9e_o.jpg

I'll be waiting at the window for the postman tomorrow. I'm looking forward to GTA. I've only completed GTA 4 but played the others and I enjoy them.

I'm currently playing Assasins Creed 3 thanks to PSN Plus, it's not as bad as I thought it was going to be - a lot of reviews were saying how terrible it was because it held your hand for 3-4hours.

Dalziel, it's the largest media entertainment industry. It may be because you haven't grown up with it, the only people I know who don't play are over the age of 50. I think those younger will continue to buy the new consoles. GTA 5 cost £170million to make and it's going to make its money back on day one of release.

PS Plus Games this month:

Leaving PS Plus:

25th September: Assassin’s Creed 3

25th September: Saints Row the Third

25th September: Payday: The Heist

25th September: Urban Trials

25th September: New Little Kings Story

Entering PS Plus:

25th September: Far Cry 3

25th September: Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams

25th September: Dragons Dogma: Dark Arisen

25th September: Street Fighter X Tekken

25th September: Touch My Katamari

so whats the verdict on GTA V? Dont do too much gaming anymore but Vice City was my favourite game ever, I did have San Andreas but even though the game had more stuff etc I thought Vice City had an amazing atmosphere, story line and was a major breakthrough.

Never got GTA IV, heard a few moans and groans about it being a bit too different.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-24066068

BBC reported that its expected to take 500m.... In its first week :o

edit: gave in and ordered it.... 38 quid on amazon, not bad!

Edited by Matt

Not buying this game is an insult to the years you may have spent sticking tapes in a casette recorder with nail varnish marking the perfect volume setting and typing:- LOAD"", go downstairs watch tv for 5 mins, come back and find Load system error on your screen and you were so desperate to play Chase HQ to hear speech on your speccy 128k (thats if you are older than 35)

Thats what i'm gathering anyways... Kids these days do not understand how lucky they are that we were the suckers who paid £10.99 at WHSmiths or John Menzies to build up a gaming industry that is now prodcucing games better than the quality of the sort where we would travel to an arcade to play Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Final Fight, Double Dragon, Golden Axe etc etc costing 30p a credit (5 for a pound) probably the equivalent of 75p a go nowadays...

Not buying this game is an insult to the years you may have spent sticking tapes in a casette recorder with nail varnish marking the perfect volume setting and typing:- LOAD"", go downstairs watch tv for 5 mins, come back and find Load system error on your screen and you were so desperate to play Chase HQ to hear speech on your speccy 128k (thats if you are older than 35)

Thats what i'm gathering anyways... Kids these days do not understand how lucky they are that we were the suckers who paid £10.99 at WHSmiths or John Menzies to build up a gaming industry that is now prodcucing games better than the quality of the sort where we would travel to an arcade to play Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Final Fight, Double Dragon, Golden Axe etc etc costing 30p a credit (5 for a pound) probably the equivalent of 75p a go nowadays...

Over thirty-five for sure and Yes that brought back some memories. Playing California Run and / or The Great American Race (or whatever it was called) on an 8-bit computer circa 1984. Wait about thirty minutes load time on cassette and sometimes it crashed during loading which was a damn nuisance but more phlegmatic back in the day, but still damn irritating. Thankfully disk drives were soon introduced which speeded up load times a great deal quicker. Even as recently as 1988 you would still pay around £30 or £35 for a new release on the Atari ST models so even then it was expensive puchases.

Won't be rushing out to buy the new Grand Theft Auto release. Said before couldn't master the first release and got irritated often enough (with gameplay) so it's not something I really need to participate in. Best type of game I ever played for these genre of games was The Getaway releases by Team Soho, but never really adpated to the GTA series.