IGNORED

Video Game Thread

dark

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Nikica

Anyone here have the World Cup game yet? EA are greedy pricks etc, but I didn't buy FIFA 14 and can never resist the tournament games.

If anyone has it let me know and we can have some games online. I'm on PS3.

Guest Nikica

Those world cup games are quick EA cash grabs, i still happily play FIFA 11 lol

Yes mate, EA are greedy, and this year's World Cup game sadly isn't as good as the 2010 WC game, which was actually better than all the FIFA's before it. The yearly FIFAs are a rip off so I don't blame you for staying on eleven.

• 1 month later...

Has anyone played on Brave Frontier on iOS or Android?

I downloaded it two weeks ago and I think it's affecting my relationship :lol:

It's fantastic. Pokemon-esque. Great little characters and battle strategy. If anyone played the massively underrated Advance Wars, would love it. It takes a few goes to get into it but it's a real pick up and play game. Good for long or short periods of play. It's free to download and play, you can choose to spend (I have :( unfortunately, not much though).

It's colourful, fun but also quite hard (!!) and dark in places. Very strategic. Very rewarding. Love the character designs and 'types'. Daily and special events keep it interesting. An 'Arena' for automated combat.

Just love it. Spend far too much time on it.

Brave-Frontier.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Strange one today that hopefully I've sorted.

Josh opened his Origin (EA Games) page today and found FIFA 2015 on it ready to download. Mysterious because he's never bought it; had a look in his email inbox and found a receipt for him purchasing it yesterday for about 1500 Thai baht (was all in Thai other than his name and address). Checked his bank balance and sure enough £30 odd had been taken from the account.

We've put in for a refund which should be paid within 48 hours (and changed his password) but I don't get it. What benefit is it to someone to use his money to buy a game for him, what do they get out of it? Actually £30 is a very good price it seems (if he wanted it) because the going UK rate is £41.99.

Should we do more than just change his password, ie inform Origin and/or bank?

Strange one today that hopefully I've sorted.

Josh opened his Origin (EA Games) page today and found FIFA 2015 on it ready to download. Mysterious because he's never bought it; had a look in his email inbox and found a receipt for him purchasing it yesterday for about 1500 Thai baht (was all in Thai other than his name and address). Checked his bank balance and sure enough £30 odd had been taken from the account.

We've put in for a refund which should be paid within 48 hours (and changed his password) but I don't get it. What benefit is it to someone to use his money to buy a game for him, what do they get out of it? Actually £30 is a very good price it seems (if he wanted it) because the going UK rate is £41.99.

Should we do more than just change his password, ie inform Origin and/or bank?

I'd let both EA and the bank know, could've been a test buy to see if the account info was accurate

I'd let both EA and the bank know, could've been a test buy to see if the account info was accurate

Thanks for that Matt. Just checked his Origin account and the original transaction has been marked "failed" as has the refund (naturally enough if the payment wasn't made in the first place). Guessing the bank picked up on something suspicious and pulled the plug, game has disappeared from his account.

Luckily if it was a "test" even if it had succeeded he wouldn't have lost much, it's just an account that he uses for lunch at college etc so rarely has more than £40 in it; his America fund, where the serious cash is, is stashed elsewhere :).

He'll double check the money's back later then have a chat with the bank and email EA tomorrow.

Thanks for that Matt. Just checked his Origin account and the original transaction has been marked "failed" as has the refund (naturally enough if the payment wasn't made in the first place). Guessing the bank picked up on something suspicious and pulled the plug, game has disappeared from his account.

Luckily if it was a "test" even if it had succeeded he wouldn't have lost much, it's just an account that he uses for lunch at college etc so rarely has more than £40 in it; his America fund, where the serious cash is, is stashed elsewhere :).

He'll double check the money's back later then have a chat with the bank and email EA tomorrow.

"Where's the arteta money Bill?"

"it went on 250,000 copies of Fifa 15"

:lol:

Mike, double check/change his America fund login details just in case

It's not even in his name Matt; my wife has a "pure as the driven snow" financial history (unlike me :unsure:) so can get all the best deals available so it's earning interest in her name; not a huge amount admittedly because the rates aren't there to be had but better than nothing. Off topic for the thread but at the moment I'm trying to tie in Josh's flights (Aer Lingus, Bristol/Dublin/Boston looks favourite at the moment shortly followed by IcelandAir Heathrow via Reykiavic) for late June but before me and his mum go off to Greece for three weeks on 30th, so we know he's there safe before we leave the country. Logistics at the American end are a bit complex also but it'll come together. Fucking love the internet age, the things you can arrange from your kitchen table that used to mean endless phone calls and visits to travel agents. Brilliant.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Still not finished the campaign on COD, not finished last years Assassins Creed, not even took the plastic cover off this years, and now seeing adverts for the next one.

I just can't find the time!

I really need to get fired to have a big of PS4 time. Being self employed might be difficult to fire myself.

Still not finished the campaign on COD, not finished last years Assassins Creed, not even took the plastic cover off this years, and now seeing adverts for the next one.

I just can't find the time!

I really need to get fired to have a big of PS4 time. Being self employed might be difficult to fire myself.

Give yourself a week off of "you" time mate. Sometimes you have to get away from the madness of work. I work like a fucking donkey (through my own choice) butevery blue moon (once a year tops) I just stop put everything on hold and do nothing except what I want for 5 days or so, even family commitments get pushed to the side and I just slob about. It feels weird doing it but it's also great.