IGNORED

Video Game Thread

dark

Guest Nikica

My gaming backlog is huge - it's at the stage now where I don't play anything as it's so overwhelming. So many inexpensive games and PS Plus etc - it makes for too much choice.

The most recent game I have almost completed is Zelda A Link Between Worlds, and it's truly fantastic. It's more or less the successor to a Link to the Past (possibly my favourite game of all time) so I knew I would really enjoy it.

Some games I wanna finally complete:

The Arkham series including Blackgate;

AC IV (got it cheap in a sale on PSN and I hear there's no need to play the others before playing it);

Ni No Kuni (it's £6 in PSN sale right now);

Brothers a Tale of Two Sons;

Heavy Rain;

Cursed Mountain;

Ninja Gaiden Sigma;

Disaster Day of Crisis;

Skyward Sword

Far Cry 3;

Bioshock series;

Last of Us

and many more.

Guest Nikica

Heavy Rain is without doubt the worst game ever made. Save yourself the trouble and just burn it mate.

:rofl:

I know what you mean in the sense that it is a very polarising game. I quite liked it but I stopped playing about halfway through - that's a bad habit of mine. I know who the killer is as some clown spoiled it for me but I still wanna give it a go all the way.

I quite like these 'interactive drama' games. Have you played Beyond Two Souls? I believe it's by the same developer.

I've not.

I've played Fahrenheit though and that's by the same developer and it's absolutely class. If you can get past the bad graphics (as I think it was released in 2001) then you should give it a go. I know you've got a lot to get through but seriously, add it to your list. It'll probably only be about £2-£3 now and it'll be well worth your money.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fahrenheit_(2005_video_game)

I've not.

I've played Fahrenheit though and that's by the same developer and it's absolutely class. If you can get past the bad graphics (as I think it was released in 2001) then you should give it a go. I know you've got a lot to get through but seriously, add it to your list. It'll probably only be about £2-£3 now and it'll be well worth your money.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fahrenheit_(2005_video_game)

Yes, I have heard of that game mate and it's on my list - it looks great. I have an original Xbox so may well buy that. Thanks again.

Thought The Last of Us was a decent game, however I don't think it deserved all the accolades it got. I like to compare the game to Resident Evil 4, which to this day I still consider it to be in the top 3 of my all time favourites. RE4 had a longer game time of around 25 hours on first play, better overall gameplay and story. Sure it definitely didn't have comparable graphics as it came out 10 years ago but I'd still play it over The Last of Us any day.

I've got AC black flag here, but can't seem to stop playing FIFA to give it a chance.

I didn't complete the last AC but I've sold the PS3 and will never get the chance now, and it's really annoying me. I finished all the other ACs apart from this.

I have the division on preorder, very excited for it.

Edited by StevO

Europa Universalis 4 isn't really my type of game

Thought The Last of Us was a decent game, however I don't think it deserved all the accolades it got. I like to compare the game to Resident Evil 4, which to this day I still consider it to be in the top 3 of my all time favourites. RE4 had a longer game time of around 25 hours on first play, better overall gameplay and story. Sure it definitely didn't have comparable graphics as it came out 10 years ago but I'd still play it over The Last of Us any day.

I've never played any Resident Evil games, although I have a soft spot for the movies.

I completed AC3 recently Steve, you didn't miss much.

There wasn't even a final boss assassination as such, there was a chase - he escapes, you have to get on a ship to another map and find him in a pub - there's a cut scene and you stab him. Then Juno Kill Desmond, which is a pisstake when you consider all his missions in Revelations.

I completed AC3 recently Steve, you didn't miss much.

There wasn't even a final boss assassination as such, there was a chase - he escapes, you have to get on a ship to another map and find him in a pub - there's a cut scene and you stab him. Then Juno Kill Desmond, which is a pisstake when you consider all his missions in Revelations.

Its not the fact that it wasnt that good, just that i've completed the rest of them. I didnt get that into it to be honest, but i feel like ive missed something, after days of my life spent across all of the games. And the part of the spoiler about D makes me think i've missed a major part of the story.

There has been talk of backwards compatability based around a cloud system, rather than playing an old disc in a new console (aparently the new console would have to work twice as hard to mimick the old console for it to work). If they can get this working pretty sharpish I can make up for what I missed. Not to mention the £50 the missus wasted buying me a game I rarely played.

Article about it here. Only 120 made, but still hard to see the value being worth that much.

http://mashable.com/2014/01/25/rare-nintendo-game/?utm_cid=mash-com-Tw-main-link

Fascinating auction.....it's had 328 bids but has stalled at just over $99,900 for the last hour or so; presumably nobody wanting to be the first to break six figures. About sixteen minutes to go.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...