IGNORED

Video Game Thread

dark

people are getting robbed here in the states from that game. putting lures up and people show up to get the poke and get robbed at gunpoint. i'm gonna pass on it.

We don't allow easy gun ownership here in Europe, you should come catch your pokemon over here.

Nostalgia factor is massive. It's good how it's got people out walking.

I walk to work (and around the block with the baby some nights) and I can guarantee i'll see 3/4 people playing it. It's great. Especially for young kids and parents that like to go play 'hunting' with each other. The amount of little kids and their parents i've seen, is damn cute.

I walk to work (and around the block with the baby some nights) and I can guarantee i'll see 3/4 people playing it. It's great. Especially for young kids and parents that like to go play 'hunting' with each other. The amount of little kids and their parents i've seen, is damn cute.

It's fantastic, they've been very generous with the space/collectibles as well so there isn't any pressure to pay for stuff.

• 2 weeks later...

There's another free weekend for Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands on Steam till some hour on Sunday.

Shoutout to a new game that's gone into Early Access on Steam and GoG called "Ghost of a Tale". You never notice that this was made by one man. It's absolutely amazing for an indie game. Must own if you like cute things.

Check out "We Happy Few" on Steam early access. I wouldn't recommend buying into it just yet as the game isn't really fleshed out but the concept looks great.

Think 60s England were the government are treating everyone with anti-depressants and everyone is walking round in lala land. If you don't take your happy pills then bad things happen.

I've actually played it and I kinda liked it, but I refunded it because I felt like it wasn't worth its price yet. Maybe in the future. Needs some balancing as well.

Steam is letting us play Call of Duty Black Ops III (most recent one) for free for 2 days.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/311210/

Disclaimer: The person behind account name "Mirallas" on Toffeetalk.com is a frequent player of the popular FPS game called Battlefield 4. Any ties to Call of Duty games are only through passing on a message about the free 2day trial on Steam.

Edited by Mirallas

A brand new indie game released on PS4 yesterday and will release on PC on Friday: No Man's Sky. (People were enthusiastic about it for a long time, and a lot of disbelievers/full-on haters provided counterweight, long story short, it's a solid game for an indie release) It has smashed it on Twitch. Never before has an Indie game managed to attract 130.000 simultaneous viewers, even crushing Overwatch' release hype. And this was only on PS4 so far, in contrary to Overwatch that released on all platforms at the same time, so not everyone was able to broadcast No Man's Sky yet.

And you guys have every reason to be chauvinistic about it, because No Man's Sky's development studio is based in England (Guildford).

• 2 weeks later...

There's still a few hours left to pick up the best video game to have ever been made in the age of man at €15, so I'll assume that'll be around the £12-13 mark in the UK on Steam: Far Cry 4.

Far Cry 3 is €5 and FC3 Blood Dargon (stand alone game, pretty damn funny and good in its own respect) is €3.74. So in pounds... yeah knock off about 15% to 20% I suppose. FC3 was my favourite game till FC4 came out.

I'm a sucker for beautiful single player open world action games where I can conquer a map, meet the best villains in video gaming, have a full freedom in weaponry and tactics and bla bla bla, and Far Cry is pretty much the best at that stuff.

Oh and tip: don't even bother with that caveman arcade game that they slapped a Far Cry title on. The least fun aspects of Far Cry games is to hunt animals and scavenge stuff, in FC Primal they made a whole game around those things. So no guns, no trippy drug missions, no proper objective and utterly uninspired villains. The only thing FC Primal is good at imo is graphics and its degree of immersion. (black jaguar = best pet you can wish for, i'm drifting off here)

Edited by Mirallas

• 3 weeks later...

I used to have a video game (1970's - Atari) which you plugged into your TV. There were two controls and there was this white 'ball' which you batted across the screen (bouncing off top or bottom of the screen) and if your opponent missed it you won the point. Each strike of the 'ball' made a 'ping'. Never played anything since. :D

I used to have a video game (1970's - Atari) which you plugged into your TV. There were two controls and there was this white 'ball' which you batted across the screen (bouncing off top or bottom of the screen) and if your opponent missed it you won the point. Each strike of the 'ball' made a 'ping'. Never played anything since. :D

I bought one of those when they first came out; actually my brother paid for it from his paper round savings and I went into London (only place you could get them) on my moped to get it. Had a "squash" option also so you could play against a wall and see how long you could go.

The only two changes you could make were the size of the bat (large/small) and the speed of the ball (fast/slow). We became so adept that fast matches with a small bat used to go on for ever!

Enjoyed Space Invaders when it hit the pubs and then Breakout and I was (though I say it myself) shit-hot at them.

Not any interest really since then apart from a passion for LOTR, Battle for Middle Earth which was the first game we bought Josh for his computer many moons ago so we worked on it together.....it's not compatible with Windows 10 so I've not played that for a long while.

I bought one of those when they first came out; actually my brother paid for it from his paper round savings and I went into London (only place you could get them) on my moped to get it. Had a "squash" option also so you could play against a wall and see how long you could go.

The only two changes you could make were the size of the bat (large/small) and the speed of the ball (fast/slow). We became so adept that fast matches with a small bat used to go on for ever!

Enjoyed Space Invaders when it hit the pubs and then Breakout and I was (though I say it myself) shit-hot at them.

Not any interest really since then apart from a passion for LOTR, Battle for Middle Earth which was the first game we bought Josh for his computer many moons ago so we worked on it together.....it's not compatible with Windows 10 so I've not played that for a long while.

I won mine in a caption competition in Golf World magazine. Would never have bought one!

Matt

4d54f927c84277c6fd0aa9c56690ac2a.jpg

(I know it's not a mouse but it;s close.)

Started playing Titanfall again recently, in light of the sequels release soon. It's probably one of the most satisfying games (from a control, movement, dynamics perspective) I have ever played. It just needed a little bit more variety in content but I LOVE everything about it. It's so satisfying.

I'm was very excited about the sequel, until I've read several articles suggesting that RESPAWN have really fiddled with the core framework and instead of just building on what was already an incredible game, they've changed lots of elements that actually made the original great. A Titan doesn't spawn from a timer anymore (so everyone had the chance to use one) but it's based on how good you've been. Some weaker players could go several matches without ever using a Titan. The timer for a Titan construction, used to reduce based on your kills and skills, now it's only the better players that will benefit. Which is concerning.

Matt

4d54f927c84277c6fd0aa9c56690ac2a.jpg

(I know it's not a mouse but it;s close.)

Started playing Titanfall again recently, in light of the sequels release soon. It's probably one of the most satisfying games (from a control, movement, dynamics perspective) I have ever played. It just needed a little bit more variety in content but I LOVE everything about it. It's so satisfying.

I'm was very excited about the sequel, until I've read several articles suggesting that RESPAWN have really fiddled with the core framework and instead of just building on what was already an incredible game, they've changed lots of elements that actually made the original great. A Titan doesn't spawn from a timer anymore (so everyone had the chance to use one) but it's based on how good you've been. Some weaker players could go several matches without ever using a Titan. The timer for a Titan construction, used to reduce based on your kills and skills, now it's only the better players that will benefit. Which is concerning.

i LOVED Titanfall.

edit; but I fucking hated the Smart Pistol

Edited by Matt

Completely forgot this :doh:.

http://www.toffeetalk.com/index.php?/topic/9766-favourite-old-school-game/&do=findComment&comment=112933

Homefront: The Revolution is free to play for 3 days on Steam. I think it's open all weekend (?) SHould be enough to finish the campaign :D

Anyway, even though it has a rep of being the most unfinished game of 2016 till No Man's Sky when it released, most of the issues should have been resolved in updates by now.

http://store.steampowered.com/agecheck/app/223100

I tried out Overwatch over the free weekend. It looks good but I don't understand how it's so popular. I played three rounds and was bored after that.

True. I played the beta weekend in may before the game's release and I thought it was relatively solid, but completely deprived of content. I saw the whole game in a few rounds, cause that's all the content it has. Shameful for a full priced game.