IGNORED

Video Game Thread

dark

53 minutes ago, Matt said:

I've only had one go on PC, but my rig isn'ttt good enough to run it at a high enough quality, hence the upgrade. I've watched quite a few streams from my favourite streamer, and it's really good fun, sometimes down right intense, to watch.

Ahh gutted! It’s such a good game, yeah very intense once you reach the last 10. Me and my mate was on last night on the squads one, when the circle was basically half a field there was about 20 odd people left, the greatest thing was there was about 10 cars driving round this short area. Was a proper destruction derby! 

20 minutes ago, aaron said:

Ahh gutted! It’s such a good game, yeah very intense once you reach the last 10. Me and my mate was on last night on the squads one, when the circle was basically half a field there was about 20 odd people left, the greatest thing was there was about 10 cars driving round this short area. Was a proper destruction derby! 

I tend to put Circon's videos on in the background if I'm cleaning etc. Always entertaining, especially when he's with his mates and they're working together :) 

17 minutes ago, TallPaul1878 said:

Personally I find mobile games to be garbage. I still just play solitaire on my phone. 

I used to play snake on my Nokias about twenty years back (had a personal one and a work one) and I was boss, nine times out of ten I'd get the max. Earlier years I did the same on Space Invaders and Breakout in the pub; since then not so hot, though I made a decent attempt on Rayman 3 which was the first game that Josh got.

Ok.... 10-11 year old desktop pc. Was grinding to a halt took an age to start up.

256gb SSD installed. Changed Vista to Windows 10.... blimey what a difference.  Takes seconds to boot up with OS on SSD. 

Need windows 10 pro ideally. All this restrcted app nonsense on Windows S is doing my nut in. 

• 7 months later...

In Florida, several people were streaming Madden online (playing the American Football game 'Madden' and broadcasting their match so others could watch over the internet) and were killed when someone shot them. It was broadcast live, two are confirmed dead.

• 1 month later...

Fifa 19 out today, anyone else getting it? My missus has bought me it but because I have EA access on the xbox ive been able to play it for the last week, quite enjoying it. Ultimate team is what usually has my attention on it and this year in the free packs you get at the beginning ive packed Kante and Mbappe (not in the same pack) so I'm having great luck! Shame I'm utter shite against other people though.

• 3 weeks later...
33 minutes ago, barryj said:

Blackout is a complete fortnite rip off but with squads it’s good fun. I’m also getting on so finding my reactions aren’t as they were when I first played the original modern warfare! 

Fortnite, like PUBG, is a “rip off” of the battle royale genre, but done well. Fortnite wasn’t the first dude. 

1 hour ago, Matt said:

Fortnite, like PUBG, is a “rip off” of the battle royale genre, but done well. Fortnite wasn’t the first dude. 

I know - but when you are adding the same emotes it takes the piss a little. I’m not a fortnite fan btw. Too old for that

14 minutes ago, hafnia said:

So.... what's the consensus these days..

Xbox one x or ps 4 pro?  Or get a pc and build it?   

Don't really have the option of a desk to play games so a console may be the best option. I've got two lads 4 & 2 who will no doubt want to get in on the act..... 

My opinion is; 

Having a PS 4 for its awesome exclusive games + a PC build for steam games.

I am not a big fan of Xbox franchise...

Regarding the Battle Royale discussion: CoD > PUBG Mobile > PUBG > Fortnite for me.

Xbox One X for actual 4k gaming.

PS4 for exclusives.

cant speak for PC, only game I play on PC is football manager and Planet Coaster.

I have both Xbox and ps4 and I prefer the Xbox but its literally each to their own. Xbox Live is 10000000000000 times better than PSN, the free games you get each month is worth having it. I find I play multiplayer games on the Xbox and single player games on the PS4.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
On 23/10/2018 at 10:06, aaron said:

Xbox One X for actual 4k gaming.

PS4 for exclusives.

cant speak for PC, only game I play on PC is football manager and Planet Coaster.

I have both Xbox and ps4 and I prefer the Xbox but its literally each to their own. Xbox Live is 10000000000000 times better than PSN, the free games you get each month is worth having it. I find I play multiplayer games on the Xbox and single player games on the PS4.

Do you play much fifa or COD warzone? 

• 1 year later...

As you have to go back 10 years to find a mention of cricket in this thread, I would suggest anyone who likes cricket but like me gave up with them years ago as they weren't very good, well give Cricket 19 a try, it's on sale on Steam at the minute, whilst its not perfect as cricket games go this is so far ahead of anything else crickety, the career mode is so much cricket fun. Batting is easy ish, but you can adjust it easily to make things harder/easier as you learn, bowling more difficult but becomes easier with practice,  but it really plays and feels like cricket, I even enjoy fielding, though fielding for each ball of a test series could become boring but one button push advances to when you are needed to bat/bowl, so your own level of immersion . It's been in my wishlist for 2 years as I didn't want to pay full price for another dodgy cricket game, but this way exceeded my expections I would have paid full price.