IGNORED

Video Game Thread

dark

Tired mate? :lol:

fucking exhausted! averaging 5 hours sleep the last 3 weeks bar 2 nights I got 8... Plus little one is 2 today and so we were up late preparing the room for her to come down to, and have a party for 30 to prepare for tomorrow :)

Edited by Matt

There was less time between the ps1 and ps2 release..its longer between systems as it goes on

Because they've already started 6 and 7 by the time 5 is released. Disposable systems, made to fail. All they are is computers, a better idea would be to have one system you can upgrade with new technologies but you don't have to throw it away and buy a whole new one every 2 years.

Planned obcellessence they called it. I hate it. I want products that will last.

Just looked and you're right Marco. The actual release dates are 5-7 years between for Nintendo and PlayStation consoles. I was fooled by the marketing I guess. I bought Psone and a year later was hearing the buzz about ps2, but I guess it was just vaporware at that point. By the time it actually came out it had been a while.

My bad

• 4 months later...

The promotional artwork for Horizon Zero Dawn is pretty great.

thXzC8E.jpg

a friend of mine works for Sony, the testing team for a lot of Playstation games is in Liverpool, this was a little nod towards them apparently, but they did the same for Newcastle.

Anyone played the Wildlands Beta? going to be a good game this, although I fear it will become exactly like The Division: Great at first then slowly dies .

• 4 weeks later...

Quite possibly... Nintendo has been long associated with the 6 to 10 year olds.

The Snes was its last console that seemed to have a foothold with teenage gamers and older... Mario kart and it's ability to beat the mega drive graphically in games like Street fighter 2 gave it an edge. They then spent far too much time on those ridiculously long kiddy adventure games.

The playstation changed the landscape forever.

My gaming evolution was this:-

Atari 2600

Spectrum 48k

Spectrum 128k

Sega master system

Atari ST

Playstation

Platstation 2

Xbox 360/PC

Since then..... not had the time!

erm....

ad_215738781.jpg?quality=80&strip=all&st

• 2 months later...

Spent the last couple of days scouring the net for a new gaming PC for Josh, we'd decided on this one...

http://www.ebuyer.com/749684-stormforce-typhoon-vr-gaming-pc-7260-5198

...but it's a monster and when we measured up the space under his desk it would've stuck out too much so probably going with this...

http://www3.lenovo.com/gb/en/desktops-and-all-in-ones/gaming/y900-series/IdeaCentre-Y900/p/90DD009WUK

£100 more with similar spec (though "only" 2TB storage), though I can get £55 of that back by using a cashback site.

The Lenovo looks like a great setup but add a decent set of headphones and monitor and you're pushing £2k.

The memory isn't an issue, you can always add more if he runs out (which would be a challenge). The two SSD drives will make it super quick, RAM too, excellent graphics card. But you'll need a 4K monitor to get the value of that setup, it's a waste otherwise

The Lenovo looks like a great setup but add a decent set of headphones and monitor and you're pushing £2k.

The memory isn't an issue, you can always add more if he runs out (which would be a challenge). The two SSD drives will make it super quick, RAM too, excellent graphics card. But you'll need a 4K monitor to get the value of that setup, it's a waste otherwise

Thanks Matt, he knows he needs a monitor upgrade; his budget is about £1800 in all but I can always sub him a bit if he needs it, he's earned it as you know.

Thanks Matt, he knows he needs a monitor upgrade; his budget is about £1800 in all but I can always sub him a bit if he needs it, he's earned it as you know.

i know :) my only message would be that doesn't matter what's in the box if your screen and headphones can't make the most of it. I'd even go so far as to splash on a gaming mouse and keyboard

Well worth considering Mike, it's more or less the same output for a few hundred less actually gets top reviews for high end gaming and not costing the earth

http://www.dell.com/uk/p/alienware-aurora-r5-desktop/pd?oc=d00awr527&awc=7671_1498508923_f80a77687ae3a5c409f9e28c8b51cc50&CID=289229&LID=5548088&DGC=AF&DGSeg=DHS&ACD=2397230241616840

Thanks for that Paul, will have a look. Actually just did, adding in the spec he wants pushes it up to £1353 but certainly worth considering :).