IGNORED

Video Game Thread

dark

• 3 weeks later...

I played some of The Journey in Fifa 17. You can actually pick a EPL team for Alex Hunter to support, so I picked EFC. Very interesting to play him as a youngster with pretty poor stats relatively trying to get in good games... I like how they let stars in each EPL team play a role as well, so for EFC that was Baines and especially Lukaku. I made it to first substitute as a CAM. But now the assistant manager told me I should go on loan in the Championship to improve myself. It only let me pick between Newcastle (ugh...) Aston Villa (boring) and Norwich City (I went with that one...). But I wish it let me pick between every single Championship team...

I really did focus on my character (Hunter) in my sub appearances for EFC, so Hunter became top scorer and top performer in the whole Everton squad despite EFC buying Harry Kane.... I was even EPL top scorer after the first 5 games and made EFC number 1 in the league table... which makes me wonder why they'd let me go to the Championship :D

abd3b16a06bc4b31af55c98ff3686de5.png

Edited by Mirallas

I played through Tomb Raider (2013) this week. Loved it. I'd never played a Tomb Raider game before.

The Tomb Raider reboots (2013 Tomb Raider and Rise of the Tomb Raider) are amongst my favorite modern games and must-haves! :)

Never been a fan of tomb raider if I'm honest..number 3 was OK and the best of the older ones for me...that new one is very enjoyable though..played it at brother in laws

The two Tomb Raider reboots by Crystal Dynamics since 2013 are entirely different from the other Tomb Raider games. Very very up to standard. Often compared with Uncharted 4, but imo they're better.

• 2 weeks later...

Very clever but think it'll be short lived like the DS

Quite possibly... Nintendo has been long associated with the 6 to 10 year olds.

The Snes was its last console that seemed to have a foothold with teenage gamers and older... Mario kart and it's ability to beat the mega drive graphically in games like Street fighter 2 gave it an edge. They then spent far too much time on those ridiculously long kiddy adventure games.

The playstation changed the landscape forever.

My gaming evolution was this:-

Atari 2600

Spectrum 48k

Spectrum 128k

Sega master system

Atari ST

Playstation

Platstation 2

Xbox 360/PC

Since then..... not had the time!

Edited by Hafnia

Very clever but think it'll be short lived like the DS

Sales suggests the DS (which was launched in 2004) hasn't done too bad.

statista-portable-console-sales-chart.jp

I get the impression that the direction of the Switch was hugely influenced by the DS's success and the failure of the Wii U.

So combine the two device types and capture both markets instead of just the one. Really smart.

The Wii U failed spectacularly because of its awful launch titles, DS struggled later on because of Nintendo's insistence of 1st party games. The last couple of years have seen Nintendo open up to 3rd party developers and the Switch seems to have quite a few, BIG developers already involved. Getting the likes of Skyrim and Fifa will help ten-fold.

Surprised to see that, I never saw them when I travelled but do see loads getting offloaded.

Haf, you forgot N64 and Goldeneye. Still play mine if I get a chance :)

its the one game I've never played but seen mentioned so many times as a genuine classic....

my all time favourites based on hours spent playing in some sort of order:-

Kick off 2

Street fighter 2

F29 retaliator

Emlyn Hughes International soccer

Tiger woods golf

Football manager 2007

Green Beret

R-Type

You can get it from the App Store too Matt, I've got it.

My gaming evolution

Nintendo

....(neighbor had Sega genesis and Super Nintendo)

Nintendo 64

PlayStation

PlayStation 2

I stopped after PS2 when the life of a system became like a year and they tried to get you on the PS3 and then 4 and so on.

This one looks cool though. I've always loved the Zelda games too.