IGNORED

Video Game Thread

dark

I'd love to mate, but I'm off to Thailand to get married in two months, then to Dubai for the honeymoon. If only I could take the PS4 with me. Think she'll mind?

Still time to change your mind then Ste; don't do it :major overreaction alert:!

:P Hope it goes brilliantly; how was the stag?

I'd love to mate, but I'm off to Thailand to get married in two months, then to Dubai for the honeymoon. If only I could take the PS4 with me. Think she'll mind?

Congrats mate, a mate went to Dubai for 15 days a couple of years back, he said it was an unbelievable place. Make sure you get to see the local stuff just make sure she wears a cardy and long pants and you'll be sound (apparently)

We're going for my wifes 40th (. 2 years time)

Married eh, another lamb to the slaughter :P

Seeiously though, made up for you.

Somehow I don't think you'll need the play station.

Still time to change your mind then Ste; don't do it :major overreaction alert:!

:P Hope it goes brilliantly; how was the stag?

After all of the worry over the flights, we were delayed by ten minutes on the way out and 15 on the way back. We had a great time, Portugese women have the best arses in Europe! I'm not going to discuss breasts or this would just lower the tone. B)

We had a great time at Sporting Lisbon, a match ticket and a shirt for £25! Three pints for £4 in the ground! And we drank at our seat without hurting anyone. Crap standard though.

Went to a huge go cart track out in the middle of no where, just the nine of us. They made us have practice laps, qualifying and then our own grand prix. Was too much fun, and got very competitive. One lad went full on into a tyre wall, and beer after the race was 60p a bottle!

There was debauchery too, but cant put that on here, women and children around! May have bumped into a delightful little woman from Sardinia, don't get me started!

My best man did a great job.

Two more stag do's left, one in Chester and one in Bangkok!

Congrats mate, a mate went to Dubai for 15 days a couple of years back, he said it was an unbelievable place. Make sure you get to see the local stuff just make sure she wears a cardy and long pants and you'll be sound (apparently)

We're going for my wifes 40th (. 2 years time)

Married eh, another lamb to the slaughter :P

Seeiously though, made up for you.

Somehow I don't think you'll need the play station.

Cant wait for it mate, Dubai should be great fun. My best man got me a birthday present last week to go dune buggy racing in the desert.

I'll let you know how it goes before your trip.

I still think I need the playstation :crying:

Edited by StevO

Went to a huge go cart track out in the middle of no where, just the nine of us. They made us have practice laps, qualifying and then our own grand prix. Was too much fun, and got very competitive. One lad went full on into a tyre wall, and beer after the race was 60p a bottle!

Just googled and guessing it's this one; brilliant! That's another thing for the Bucket List :).

Matt I've not long come back from Switzerland as you know, but it was too cold to tell.

That's the one Mike, it was brilliant! 40mph was the max, but great fun! I did get beaten by my 64 year old Dad, but then so did quite a few others.

I really can't speak highly enough of the place. They had a podium an a ceremony at the end, everyone got a medal but the top three got trophies. Then they gave me a folder with everyone's lap times from practice, qualifying and the race. Top speeds, times through the three sections of the track. So on the train back there was plenty of "I was quicker than you" "no you wasn't, there's your times you prick, open another beer".

I took a photo of an aerial shot they had in the reception. But my iPad says it's too big to upload.

Edited by StevO

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I was going to get PS4 / Arkham Knight but I was put off by the way the DLCs are spread across various retailers. If I want to play a game, I'd like to play it all. I'll probably wait until a complete version is sold.

That's something I disliked. That goes for all games though. If I pay £30/£40, I want all the content hen I buy it. Everything. You don't buy a car and then get told from one garage you can have wheels, one you can have seats, another you can have a steering wheel. You hope in the price, that you get everything.

• 2 weeks later...

most hours spent on a certain game:-

Kick off 2, atari st

Combat - atari 2600

street fighter 2 - megadrive

tigerwoods golf - Xbox 360

10 Best games ever played:-

Gta vice city - ps2

Portal 1+2 - pc/Xbox

Street fighter 2 - megadrive

Battlefield 3 - Xbox 360

R-type - Sega master system

Kick off 2 - atari st

tanks - part of combat on atari 2600

Tiger woods golf series

Fifa series

F29 retaliator - atari st

• 2 weeks later...

I couldn't remember the title for years, hearing the sound of the engines again after 20 years made me grin like an idiot :)

It was fookin brilliant!!! I would happily spend 2 hours on that now, absolutely brilliant playability. Some games just had simplicity but perfection.

Probably wouldn't be the same but back then... Wow. It wasn't great at start (like kick off 2) but then it hooked you.

The Atari was abit before my time but loved some of the old consoles and games

Barbarian Dizzy the Egg Golden Axe Streets of Rage etc

Wouldn't mind picking up a N64 just to play Zelda Golden Eye and Mario Cart again

Edited by EFC-Paul

• 4 weeks later...