IGNORED

Video Game Thread

dark

Not entirely sure Matt, he's got around 150 games on Steam but really not sure what he's on most, I'll ask him later.

I only play 1-2 games, the one I play the most my PC is way overpowered for so don't get the most out of the hardware. The other, I'm just short of full spec on but still looks fantastic. Might help identify which setup to go for

I only play 1-2 games, the one I play the most my PC is way overpowered for so don't get the most out of the hardware. The other, I'm just short of full spec on but still looks fantastic. Might help identify which setup to go for

OK so mostly roll playing like Assassins Creed/Fallout; shoot-outs like Counterstrike/Overwatch plus things like Open Worlds and Survival.

(That's all Greek to me :unsure:)

OK so mostly roll playing like Assassins Creed/Fallout; shoot-outs like Counterstrike/Overwatch plus things like Open Worlds and Survival.

(That's all Greek to me :unsure:)

Then he really needs to invest in the monitor and speakers to get the most out of the games and rig

OK so 4K monitor delivered; gaming and video absolutely astonishing clarity....but! Ordinary internet there's a really noticeable lag in the mouse/curser movement, really really annoying. Seems to be a common issue having googled but none of the suggested solutions have worked thus far. Josh has reconnected his old one because it has no issues handling the new PC, if I had any hair I'd be pulling it out :dry:.

OK so 4K monitor delivered; gaming and video absolutely astonishing clarity....but! Ordinary internet there's a really noticeable lag in the mouse/curser movement, really really annoying. Seems to be a common issue having googled but none of the suggested solutions have worked thus far. Josh has reconnected his old one because it has no issues handling the new PC, if I had any hair I'd be pulling it out :dry:.

Problem sorted, thanks for all the helpful advice :dry:.

:D

In the late 1970's I won an Atari game system in a 'caption competition' in Golf World magazine. It had the 'bleep bleep' tennis game and one involving tanks in a maze. The problem was that one of the controls didn't work very well so whoever got it always lost. My two sons very quickly lost interest and I didn't have any anyway. I think we still have it in the loft somewhere.

In the late 1970's I won an Atari game system in a 'caption competition' in Golf World magazine. It had the 'bleep bleep' tennis game and one involving tanks in a maze. The problem was that one of the controls didn't work very well so whoever got it always lost. My two sons very quickly lost interest and I didn't have any anyway. I think we still have it in the loft somewhere.

you could probably sell that for a nice penny on ebay

thought it was ISP related. Glad to hear it's all sorted though.

What's he playing?

No idea Matt, he's out at the mo; last I saw he was getting pissed at an F1 game that wasn't letting him put on wet tyres for qualifying (recent one that his old PC couldn't handle). Gaming wasn't a problem, it was just laggy when he was on the net.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Missus got me a PS4 and a top of the line gaming chair Fifa 18 Crash Bandicoot trilogy etc but I downloaded Darksiders 2 as part of the two monthly "free" download games

Fuck me it's a big game every time I think I must be near the end more shit happens, really enjoying it though like a cross between Red Dead Nightmare and Tombraider 

Going to buy Modern Warfare WW2 next I think 

6 hours ago, Matt said:

Looking to upgrade my CPU and GPU in the next couple of weeks, so I can actually play PUBG without it looking like Duke Nukem. Gonna cost a bit mind you :unsure: 

Old man's into Battlefield can't say I've played it enough tbh I'm more of a COD fan, cooler than you Matt 😉

6 hours ago, Matt said:

Looking to upgrade my CPU and GPU in the next couple of weeks, so I can actually play PUBG without it looking like Duke Nukem. Gonna cost a bit mind you :unsure: 

Just bought a 256gb SSD. Got a 10 year old desktop on Vista.  Hoping it will run much quicker... need windows 10. 

49 minutes ago, aaron said:

Anyone play PUBG? really enjoying it on xbox now they have patched the 2 or 3 crashes per game. Only ever won one match though!

I've only had one go on PC, but my rig isn'tt good enough to run it at a high enough quality, hence the upgrade. I've watched quite a few streams from my favourite streamer, and it's really good fun, sometimes down right intense, to watch.