IGNORED

Video Game Thread

dark

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone have any suggestions for the best place to sell my games?

I looked on Music Magpie and they offered 32p for FIFA. CEX offered £2. I figure that I may as well cash in now before they lose all value with the incoming consoles.

I generally have old games, the newest in my collection is probably Arkham City

That's why I said you should bundle them. If you sell Arkham City on it's own you'll get very little but if you could bundle it with Arkham Asylum or another action type game then you could probably sell them all as an 'Action Game Bundle' and get a few quid for it.

Listen to Mark too, what I've seen about MM isn't great. Stay away.

I hope it multi-player you can be a bastard. One of the best onlines I've played was Kane and Lynch 2 for reasons I'll explain below.

There was a game mode where half the lobby played as criminals and half played as cops. The criminals had to steal as much loot as they could within the time limit (about 2 minutes) and escape to the get-away vehicle before it took off. The cops job was to obviously kill as many of the criminals as they could. The cool part was that the criminals could actually betray one another. If you killed one of your fellow criminals it would not pop up on the HUB like on COD so if you did it quietly nobody would be any the wiser and the plus side of this was that you would get to keep their loot. If you were caught however you would been seen as an enemy to both your team and the cops so you'd pretty much surrender the money you were carrying.

There was also an option to split your loot 50/50 with the getaway driver meaning that you could leave all your fellow criminals for dead. I'd love to see this in GTA V as it was fucking brilliant. Dicking people over sounds bad but it's actually really fun, the money you earned from jobs was used to buy better guns/equipment so it meant that by killing your friends you actually levelled up quicker - the game wanted you to be a cold hearted bastard which I thought was brilliant.

Keep us informed TC. I have that on my to do list.

Until recently, I thought it was Ellen Page voicing the character, it looked just like her.

Been playing it on and off, started to really get into now. I'd say yeah it's a great game and all but I think it's also pretty overrated. Definitely worth having and playing through but just not worthy of a 10/10 rating, more an 8-9/10.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Nikica

Got The Last of Us but only played it once. Looking at finally getting back into Arkham City soon, and played Injustice Gods Among Us for a bit. In truth I haven't been bothered about gaming for a few months.

This weeks Humble Bundle looks fantastic value.

Dead Space 3 - Origin for Windows

Dead Space - Origin & Steam for Windows

Crysis 2 Maximum Edition - Origin & Steam for Windows

Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box - Origin & Steam for Windows

Medal of Honor - Origin & Steam for Windows

Mirror’s Edge - Origin & Steam for Windows

Pay any price to receive:

The Sims 3 Soundtrack

Battlefield 3 Soundtrack

All together for a combined 70p!

Evidently shouldn't be playing games, but participated on Smackdown's Here Comes the Pain recently. This could well be the best wrestling game ever released. Tried some of the subsequent releases, but more, is often less. It's a pity you can't have a bra and panties match with created wrestlers however, and some of the wrestlers attributes are clearly absurd, but those minor issues aside, there's hours of fun to be had there potentially.