IGNORED

Rodwell linked to United... Again.

Aidan

Jack Rodwell has been linked away to United for £22m today. After a cheap switch for Gibson from Old Trafford to Goodison Park it makes me think that there's something going on behind the scenes that were not being told about - but we shall see what happens in the future.

I wanted to take this opportunity to play a little game. Say we sell Rodwell for £22 million in the summer. Barkley also leaves Goodsion hypothetically speaking for £25m along with Cahill for £5m and Bily for £6m.

You're DM, weve got a total of £58m for outgoing transfers but Kenwright needs a new Bently so takes £18m from our transfer pot.

Youve got £40m. Who would you bring to Goodison. Keep in mind that you cant bring in 3 or 4 players that will want 50k+ a week, be realistic.

Danny Welbeck. Rasmus Elm and Arshavin. Sign Drenthe.

Your estimates seem off tho. No way we would get 25 mil for Barkley.

And if we did raise 58 mil it seems more likely that 40-45 would go towards clearing up the debt. Making Everton more attractive to investors.

I really dont want to lose Barkley. Would agree to sell the other 3 at these sums

(ST) Seydou doumbia from CSKA Moscow, (ML) Lewis Holtby from Shalke and (GK)Kasper schmeichel as i think he will follow in dads footsteps to become a legend.

Youre losing 3 first team midfield players and gaining a 1 midfielder, a striker and a keeper (which we dont need yet)?

plus youve got £40m, go crazy?

Danny Welbeck. Rasmus Elm and Arshavin. Sign Drenthe.

Your estimates seem off tho. No way we would get 25 mil for Barkley.

And if we did raise 58 mil it seems more likely that 40-45 would go towards clearing up the debt. Making Everton more attractive to investors.

I really dont want to lose Barkley. Would agree to sell the other 3 at these sums

My valuations are imaginative, like I said its a game. I hope we do get £25m for Barkely if he leaves, I'd snatch their hand off for it!

Youre losing 3 first team midfield players and gaining a 1 midfielder, a striker and a keeper (which we dont need yet)?

plus youve got £40m, go crazy?

I am buying the striker we've needed for the last 20yrs, and a left winger that is actually good, to replace Billy. Good keepers need time to settle and Tim ain't getting any younger. Any cash left over i would consider Henry lansbury or that bannan lad from villa.

£58m or whatever isn't alot of money when you are talking about replacing 4 players from an already depleted squad - I don't mean to be rude but it's a BIT FOOTBALL MANAGER 2008.

£5m for Cahill? We wouldn't get £1.5m for him, £6m for Bily only if russians come in for him.

Just to put things into perspective, Liverpool spent £75m on 3 players -

we already have a CEO who uses transfer funds in as a means of supplementing new contracts, fallen attendances, loo rolls for finch farm - it's all pie in the sky this.

We need 4 more players as it is, so £58m less the £20m to the bank = average signing of £4m, you can't even buy half proven championship players for that, Jordan Rhodes,

WE NEED A BUYER

£58m or whatever isn't alot of money when you are talking about replacing 4 players from an already depleted squad - I don't mean to be rude but it's a BIT FOOTBALL MANAGER 2008.

£5m for Cahill? We wouldn't get £1.5m for him, £6m for Bily only if russians come in for him.

Just to put things into perspective, Liverpool spent £75m on 3 players -

we already have a CEO who uses transfer funds in as a means of supplementing new contracts, fallen attendances, loo rolls for finch farm - it's all pie in the sky this.

We need 4 more players as it is, so £58m less the £20m to the bank = average signing of £4m, you can't even buy half proven championship players for that, Jordan Rhodes,

WE NEED A BUYER

I'll try this once more lads. ITS JUST A BIT OF FUN! ... stop taking it seriously thats not why I posted this topic. Its just basically saying "who would you have if we had a little bit of money". In no way is this a serious article. I dont know how much simpler i could put this.

I'll try this once more lads. ITS JUST A BIT OF FUN! ... stop taking it seriously thats not why I posted this topic. Its just basically saying "who would you have if we had a little bit of money". In no way is this a serious article. I dont know how much simpler i could put this.

Bless ya, I know that's your intention - but it's a little bit like asking a millionaire - "you are getting evicted from your mock tudor mansion, which shanty town would you like to live in? Cape Town, Rio, Peru?"

It hardly inspires you into being creative - as I say not having a go, I just don't think losing two of the best young midfielders in England can get many excited...

This needs to go in the jokes thread or fun and games then or is there a nonsense one?

There is no actual substance or fact, so quite pointless really... then someone actually suggests 3 very good players and they're challenged for their suggestions... nonsense.

I get the feeling this topic has not quite gone how you wanted!

I will indulge you a little, although probably not quite how you wanted but nevertheless, if we had some money I would look to get in Clyne from CP (should be quite cheap), Moses from Wigan (wait til they go down and offer peanuts), Cabaye from Newcastle (altho he will cost a few bob), sign up Drenthe, try Donovon depending on price, possibly Kranjar (again price dependant) and maybe take a chance on Redmond from Brum. Sadly I can't think of a single striker bar the obvious & expensive ones that could come in and do a job.

I get the feeling this topic has not quite gone how you wanted!

I will indulge you a little, although probably not quite how you wanted but nevertheless, if we had some money I would look to get in Clyne from CP (should be quite cheap), Moses from Wigan (wait til they go down and offer peanuts), Cabaye from Newcastle (altho he will cost a few bob), sign up Drenthe, try Donovon depending on price, possibly Kranjar (again price dependant) and maybe take a chance on Redmond from Brum. Sadly I can't think of a single striker bar the obvious & expensive ones that could come in and do a job.

We need a 'like button'. Agree with your choices Bailey; Clyne, Moses, Drenthe (on a free)....Cabaye i'd love, will be incredibly expensive now sadly.

Also throw in some we've been mentioned with, Luuke De Jong and Brek Shea...young guns lark

This needs to go in the jokes thread or fun and games then or is there a nonsense one?

There is no actual substance or fact, so quite pointless really... then someone actually suggests 3 very good players and they're challenged for their suggestions... nonsense.

Why would you waste your time typing that out? If you have nothing positive to say on the thread then dont reply at all. When you read it and think "thats BS" just keep your opinions to yourself. I wouldnt mind, but its really not a thread in which people can agree or disagree with the subject, like I said its just a bit of fun. Bloody irgnorant bitter %$£*!!

Edited by AidanLewis

Why would you waste your time typing that out? If you have nothing positive to say on the thread then dont reply at all. When you read it and think "thats BS" just keep your opinions to yourself. I wouldnt mind, but its really not a thread in which people can agree or disagree with the subject, like I said its just a bit of fun. Bloody irgnorant bitter %$£*!!

If its only a bit of fun I'd go for Samuel Eto, Messi, Aguerro and Adam Johnson, biggrin.png

This thread was meant to be fun and you go and spoil it by cyber-swearing! All I said is this should be in another area if it's 'fun and games' as it's a bit of fun - no right or wrong answers (unless you suggest the wrong people).

Anyway if we sold said people the first person to replace would be Moyes as he'd walk.

Donovan , Hoarau/Gignac/Podolski , Tshabalala , El Shaarawy , Vertonghen , Kjaer , Tiote and sign Drenthe

none of them would individually cost a bomb but if we're goin all out Kevin Prince would be the kind of playmaker we need

its more a list of players i really like rather than ones we should really sign :P