404 replies to this topic

#1 Memmaclub

Memmaclub

Tim Cahill

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts

Posted 14 Apr 2012 - 13:34

He cannot get us any further we would have lost the final anyway. I 100% believe the players were told if you go in front defend it. In moyes head he is already an Everton great let him go on that high and get Brendan Rodgers Paul lambert etc. we can moan about investment but certain managers just can't cut it above a certain level. In Europe moyes struggled to Cope. He gets the win against city and spurs but can't beat Wigan. We lost to a side today who are being slated by everyone for under performing and we have been beaten convincingly by them twice in a month. I am back to my opinion that we are mediocre until we are relegated and made to take a look at ourselves

#2 hafnia

hafnia

Self-Proclaimed Oracle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,868 posts

Posted 14 Apr 2012 - 13:36

Depends what you want, if you want 7-10th place in the league, boring football, negativity and just be happy to take part in the premier league. Where was drenthe? How did gueye last so long, what the fuck was Cahill doing on the pitch???

#3 marcopaulo

marcopaulo

marcopaulo - pun lover

• Members
  • 13,655 posts

Posted 14 Apr 2012 - 13:40

cahill created a goal with his attitude to chase down...who would you have played instead...pathetic 2nd half though i am disgusted with them after that

#4 Matt

Matt

United we stand, divided we fall...

• Cyber Steward
  • 28,958 posts

Posted 14 Apr 2012 - 13:42

oh surprise surprise. youre back with youre bashing. Going to nick-name you Knee-Jerk - emphasis one the Jerk part.

#5 adziom

adziom

Leighton Baines

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 14 Apr 2012 - 13:44

Yeah Moyes is so shit, lost 3 in the last 18 games. Go and have a lie down and make your judgements based on more than what you've seen in the past 2 and a half hours.

#6 hafnia

hafnia

Self-Proclaimed Oracle

• Members
  • 18,868 posts

Posted 14 Apr 2012 - 14:02

Jelavic, felli, Neville, hold your heads up...

Moyes, grow an arse you sandbagging flair opposed negative ball bag. Last two games at wembley we looked happy just to be there!

#7 Dalziel Kane

Dalziel Kane

undecided

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,640 posts

Posted 14 Apr 2012 - 14:03

You can say what you like but I strongly feel that under Mr Moyes Everton Football Club will not win anything again, we've been through the whole deal before, i.e, 'League finishes since 2002, Champions League berth' etc etc that Moyes has produced since his arrival, and hats off to the man, he has done well, but you don't get any honors for finishing in a fourth or sixth place in the EPL. The Cup tourneys represent where the trophies are at, and we still haven't won anything in way of that with Moyes in charge, the man seems to implode in vital matches, today was no different, we had a great opportunity to do something today and I sit here trying to find the appropriate words on the back of a recent hurting setback, bottom line is, said it so many times, I have nothing against Moyes as an individual but feel we simply won't win anything so long as the Scot remains in charge, he just hasn't got the motivation or loses it at the most critical times, today was no different. We could have been in a fucking FA cup Final today and missed out when it was perfectly feasible we could have beat those today but it simply didn't come to pass, there's little we can do about it now after the event but for the last time, so long as Moyes is EFC manager, I can't see another trophy at Goodison Park. You can quote me on that if you like until/when the Scot leaves.

#8 Blue 250

Blue 250

Bob Latchford

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,473 posts

Posted 14 Apr 2012 - 14:05

The two rs goalscorers cost more than our entire team, if we actually had enough money a couple of our players today wouldn't have been any where near the wembly turf.

Pienaar is our best/most creative player and he was missing, Baines plays better when he's there.

We've just lost a game of football to the most unpopular team in the country......get over it.

As for Moyes, he's got us to 7th with a small squad and a cup semi-final.

#9 marcopaulo

marcopaulo

marcopaulo - pun lover

• Members
  • 13,655 posts

Posted 14 Apr 2012 - 14:07

i do not want to hear the money excuse today...it's fuckin pathetic...we have a better team end of....distin gifted them a goal and coleman gifted them a chance...moyes gifted them the chances to attack..simple as

#10 hafnia

hafnia

Self-Proclaimed Oracle

• Members
  • 18,868 posts

Posted 14 Apr 2012 - 14:14

Apathy is killing this club, ffs people who knew that we were bigger than the mancs, Chelsea, arsenal, spurs twenty five years ago are getting smaller by the day.

Kids from the 90's - enjoy this if you think it's good enough it's bollocks.

#11 Lowensda

Lowensda

A force to be reckoned with, I reckon

• Members
  • 14,769 posts

Posted 14 Apr 2012 - 14:43

Just heard what Distin's just said, I feel a bit bad now :(

#12 Simon

Simon

I Am The Most Swashbuckling Swashbuckler, imo

• Members
  • 4,129 posts

Posted 14 Apr 2012 - 14:50

Just heard what Distin's just said, I feel a bit bad now Posted Image

Yeah i saw that, i think it's harsh, yes he made a catostrophic mistake but it's a team game and plenty of others did'nt cover themselves in glory, Carrolls goal came off the back of his head because Fellaini stood back 2 yards, and did'nt challenge for the header, Gibson kept giving the ball away, I don't think Distin should blame himself too much.

#13 Simon

Simon

• Members
  • 4,129 posts

Posted 14 Apr 2012 - 14:52

Apathy is killing this club, ffs people who knew that we were bigger than the mancs, Chelsea, arsenal, spurs twenty five years ago are getting smaller by the day.

Kids from the 90's - enjoy this if you think it's good enough it's bollocks.

Im not saying i want him too go, but the harsh reality is i don't think we will ever win anything under Moyes.

#14 Lowensda

Lowensda

• Members
  • 14,769 posts

Posted 14 Apr 2012 - 14:59

Exactly, it's a team game!!

Moyes will be gone come next season,
Redknapp > England
Moyes > Tottenham
______ > Everton

You heard it first. ( that's sarcasm by the way)

#15 adziom

adziom

Leighton Baines

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 14 Apr 2012 - 15:02

No other club would sack Moyes given what he's achieved.

It's a results business, it hurts today but he's still taken a club with a thin squad and money owed to the banks to an FA Cup semi-final and a top ten finish.

Who else would you have? Swansea might play nicer football than us, and Norwich might give it a good go, but they're still below us in the league and I don't see either of them playing at Wembley this weekend. Like I've mentioned before, Steve Coppell took Reading to a top half finish in their first season in the Premier League, look what's happened to his career since. What's to say the same won't happen to Rodgers and Lambert in the next five years?

I really don't understand why people think we should be winning trophies. Obviously we want to, but we're not a top club at the moment, its sad but its true.

#16 Simon

Simon

• Members
  • 4,129 posts

Posted 14 Apr 2012 - 15:04

Redknapp > England
Moyes > Tottenham
______ > Everton

Your right though, i think if we would have got the final and won he would have stayed because he would have a cup under his belt and be looking forward, but i can't see it now, he must know the fans are going to be pissed and i do think if Spurs come calling now, he will go.

#17 Dalziel Kane

Dalziel Kane

undecided

• Members
  • 5,640 posts

Posted 14 Apr 2012 - 15:29

I'd like to see Moyes manage England, I can say that, as what they do doesn't really interest me, but it would be interesting if nothing else.

Ok, a Scot in charge of the national side can't happen really, they would never allow it, but picture the scene, England vs Spain in the Euro Final and Moyes orchestrates the days events and see what he does, it would be something to see I merely feel, I know this could never happen though.

This year/season represented a good chance, at least today, for Moyes to maybe actually win something finally after a decade in charge, that opportunity has been and gone, 10 years have now passed and no actual silver to show for it, so just possibly Mr Moyes could make a departure if not this summer then sometime soon after, of course we don't know what will happen but there you are.

#18 BedfordBlue

BedfordBlue

Leighton Baines

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 287 posts

Posted 14 Apr 2012 - 16:12

What a bunch of morans Everton fans are. Maybe you would rather be playing in the championship because that is were Everton would be without Moyes.

#19 Simon

Simon

• Members
  • 4,129 posts

Posted 14 Apr 2012 - 16:14

What a bunch of morans Everton fans are. Maybe you would rather be playing in the championship because that is were Everton would be without Moyes.

Why is it some Evertonians seem to think Moyes is the only manager in WORLD football who has worked with a small squad and small budget?

#20 marcopaulo

marcopaulo

marcopaulo - pun lover

• Members
  • 13,655 posts

Posted 14 Apr 2012 - 16:29

why the fuck shouldn't distin blame himself? what a pathetic fuckin back pass that was....for that pass alone he gave the game back to liverpool along with moyes gettin them to defend a lead as he always does...brad jones had fuck all to do...fuckin fumin with that team right now

#21 marcopaulo

marcopaulo

marcopaulo - pun lover

• Members
  • 13,655 posts

Posted 14 Apr 2012 - 16:31

i'm not sayin moyes should go but do you wanna explain that second half? cos the second they came out they were pathetic

#22 BlueSky

BlueSky

The Equaliser

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 823 posts

Posted 14 Apr 2012 - 16:34

It's not the Everton some older folks know - the world's changed. But, you're not in a total mess either.

I have absolutely no desire to offend, but it seems Everton are stuck as 'top end of the mid table teams'. It just takes a LOT of money, or a once every 5 years type season to get into that top 6 area.

It's just bloody hard, and that's the fact of the matter.

Moyes has got sod all to spend, and to get those '10% better players' you have to spend 50% more (at least).

It's easy to say "we'll never win anything with Moyes", but Arsenal haven't won anything for 5 years, they've been much better than Everton in recent years. Spurs have won one league cup and spent massively more than Everton. City have won one FA cup and spent fortune.

If Moyes faultless? no... what manager is?
Could someone do a better job?... possibly
Is it a risk worth taking?... I don't think so. The difficulties in getting to be top 6 year in year out are immense, whilst the ease at which top clubs can find themselves in deep (e.g. Villa) should be a real warning.

It will hurt like hell today. Just as it will hurt City losing the league to United, or Spurs being pipped by Arsenal.

But Everton remain a top top club, struggling with the money mess of football, and have a solid manager at the helm.

It simply isn't that bad.

#23 BlueSky

BlueSky

The Equaliser

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 823 posts

Posted 14 Apr 2012 - 16:39

i'm not sayin moyes should go but do you wanna explain that second half? cos the second they came out they were pathetic

It happens to the best of teams too. You just get says when the 'winning mentality' isn't 100% there and your opponents have it (which is a pain in the arse, but the truth of the matter).

Every player makes mistakes.... it's just sods law that Carroll misses sitters, then gets a winner, whilst a stalwart for Everton makes a mistake and it costs you.

Surely to God, that Everton team WANTED to win something, wanted to get to Wembley.... it just can't be from lack of effort, just inexperience

#24 BlueSky

BlueSky

The Equaliser

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 823 posts

Posted 14 Apr 2012 - 16:41

Redknapp > England
Moyes > Tottenham
______ > Everton

Sarcasm? it's damn realistic.

Next Everton manager? Roberto Martinez.

#25 Simon

Simon

• Members
  • 4,129 posts

Posted 14 Apr 2012 - 16:53

Sarcasm? it's damn realistic.

Next Everton manager? Roberto Martinez.

Not for me, Phil Neville?

#26 Lowensda

Lowensda

• Members
  • 14,769 posts

Posted 14 Apr 2012 - 17:04

It's not the Everton some older folks know - the world's changed. But, you're not in a total mess either.

I have absolutely no desire to offend, but it seems Everton are stuck as 'top end of the mid table teams'. It just takes a LOT of money, or a once every 5 years type season to get into that top 6 area.

It's just bloody hard, and that's the fact of the matter.

Moyes has got sod all to spend, and to get those '10% better players' you have to spend 50% more (at least).

It's easy to say "we'll never win anything with Moyes", but Arsenal haven't won anything for 5 years, they've been much better than Everton in recent years. Spurs have won one league cup and spent massively more than Everton. City have won one FA cup and spent fortune.

If Moyes faultless? no... what manager is?
Could someone do a better job?... possibly
Is it a risk worth taking?... I don't think so. The difficulties in getting to be top 6 year in year out are immense, whilst the ease at which top clubs can find themselves in deep (e.g. Villa) should be a real warning.

It will hurt like hell today. Just as it will hurt City losing the league to United, or Spurs being pipped by Arsenal.

But Everton remain a top top club, struggling with the money mess of football, and have a solid manager at the helm.

It simply isn't that bad.

Completely agree if I'm honest.

Blue, the sarcasm was meant for the "heard it here first" bit....knowing that's what people have been saying for a while.

...and Martinez? Not a chance in hell.

#27 BedfordBlue

BedfordBlue

Leighton Baines

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 287 posts

Posted 14 Apr 2012 - 17:09

Why is it some Evertonians seem to think Moyes is the only manager in WORLD football who has worked with a small squad and small budget?

Because before moyes came to Everton they were fighting relegation every season, I know what I prefer.

#28 Simon

Simon

• Members
  • 4,129 posts

Posted 14 Apr 2012 - 17:18

Because before moyes came to Everton they were fighting relegation every season, I know what I prefer.

Im not saying he should go, but to say no one else can do the job is just naive.

For now he is probably the right option, but i don't see us winning anything with him, and he does seem to be a bit of a bottler at times

Edited by theprisoner, 14 Apr 2012 - 17:20.

#29 Twintown Toffee

Twintown Toffee

Denis Stracqualursi

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 14 Apr 2012 - 17:53

Who can the Blues attract that would be a better option than Moyes? Given the current state of the club I just don't see anybody.....now some deep pocketed investors on the other hand.....that could change things for the better, and by better I mean a realistic chance to play in Europe and contend for the league.

#30 BedfordBlue

BedfordBlue

Leighton Baines

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 287 posts

Posted 14 Apr 2012 - 17:55

With the transfer budget we have I fear for the future if Moyes goes.

#31 Simon

Simon

• Members
  • 4,129 posts

Posted 14 Apr 2012 - 18:01

With the transfer budget we have I fear for the future if Moyes goes.

Now is a chance though for Moyes to show he has got some bottle and drop the 'old pals act' with Kenwright and demand some transfer funds of some sort, or will he just play along like normal like a good little boy?

One thing i did notice, Kenwrights face at the end of that game today was a picture, it's going to be a big summer for us.

#32 AidanLewis

AidanLewis

Bob Latchford

• Members
  • 3,001 posts

Posted 14 Apr 2012 - 18:22

oh surprise surprise. youre back with youre bashing. Going to nick-name you Knee-Jerk - emphasis one the Jerk part.

didnt take long did it haha? some morons are so daft they dont realise that without moyes we would have been relegated a long time ago.

#33 nutmegwolf203

nutmegwolf203

Move Maker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 14 Apr 2012 - 19:04

I may get some abuse for this, but, does anyone believe it's possible that the 11 on the pitch JUST bottled it? That perhaps it wasn't a game plan to recede, but more like we couldn't deal with being in front and we just invited pressure on ourselves? He sent out the same personnel, some of which didn't have a great first half to begin with. I just can't see a halftime talk saying: "We can certainly block them off now, get a goal when you can."

If that honestly was his game plan, that's more than embarrassing, but I feel like 1-0 is an incidental scoreline, especially when established in a first half. That's not a lead to protect, it's one to build on. With mature wingers and a midfield that wants to account for itself Jelavic will ascend to legendary status and we can really show our playing identity (which I've been seeing glimpses of the past few matches). This won't happen with timid first half performances from people like we saw today. We're better than that.

...and by mature wingers, I mean players used to the position. I rate Gueye, and certainly Osman, but we all know they aren't ideal for playing there.

Edited by nutmegwolf203, 14 Apr 2012 - 19:08.

#34 Parapluie

Parapluie

Mick Lyons

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 789 posts

Posted 14 Apr 2012 - 19:34

You people are being ridiculous.
He put out the right team but the players just did not show up that is all.
What other team would you guys play? There was obviously a problem with Drenthe so he was out of the question anyways.
Disgraceful how you guys turn on the manager that has made this team expected to beat the scum and expected to win the cup.

You guys are too mercurial and you can't always blame it on the manager
We will come back stronger than ever... COYB

#35 Zoo

Zoo

Banned

• Members
  • 5,902 posts

Posted 14 Apr 2012 - 19:38

I'm not even going to get myself worked up over this because I'm already as pissed off as you can imagine after that second half display. If you think that Moyes can take us no further than you are a fucking moron and like others have said above without him we would be in the Championship/League One by now. It's happened to the likes of Leeds and Portsmouth so it could well of happened to us.

Quite bashing Moyes just because of today, people sing his praises when we win and then want him sacked as soon as we lose. It seems like I'm in the minority here and that our fans have turned into Chelsea fans as that's exactly what they do, bash a manager as soon as he does something wrong.

Get behind the team because kicking off does no good whatsoever.

#36 formby

formby

Phil Jagielka

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted 14 Apr 2012 - 20:05

A great manager gives you that little bit extra – a bit of tactical nous, a bit of motivation, the ability to get a team to perform to their best on the very biggest occasion – no matter what the circumstances. Moyes is not a great manager and never will be. He has lots of good qualities which have served us very well, but as a top end manager – one who can make a difference – he fails. That’s not going to change. Today was entirely predictable. It’s the latest in a long line of failures (his utterly wretched record against Liverpool being just one). If you’re happy with the fare he’s served up over the last few seasons – the torpid, witless displays against supposedly inferior opposition, the run of plucky victories against superior opposition, then fair enough, but I want a bit more from the club. We’re not going to get that under Moyes. Ever. Decent man though he is, and a great servant to the club, he’s not the go-to guy we need. Will undoubtedly be saying the same thing in 2 years’ time, just as I was saying it two years ago. It just goes on and on and on.

#37 enclosure forever

enclosure forever

Anders Limpar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 14 Apr 2012 - 20:24

The overiding issue is it was the RS.. We NEVER beat them, we always roll over. It's been that way since 1892. Why are we suprised?. The last player who didn't read the script was AJ so we sold him.. We scored from a mistake then sat on it Howard was wasting time 10 mins before half time. Bringing Coleman on is not an indication the we're going to have a go. The whole ethos is different..In the league when they where three up they brought on two strikers, we'd take 'em off for a nice rest, pot of tea and a digestive..

#38 jona 32

jona 32

Trevor Steven

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,237 posts

Posted 14 Apr 2012 - 21:02

Is this ground hog day or am I just having a bad dream, fed up of saying we would be the same as Brum, West Ham, Toon a few years ago without Moyes. Everton NEEDS Moyes at the this time. If we were without debt and in a new stadium generating a finance plan to easily buy the ground in a 15-20 year time span then no. It is not as easy as changing the manager, every fibre of the club needs the complete overhaul. Under9's all the way to coaching staff and scouts. Sod the boring route one stuff aka Stoke, let us play some swash buckling attacking football now we are safe. NOW IS THE TIME for Moyes to try a different method, hold them by the nose and kick them in the bollocks, this loosely translates as pin the feckers in their own halve and go for the juggler. Good teams play attacking football don't they? Let the handbrake of Moyes!!!!

#39 Dalziel Kane

Dalziel Kane

undecided

• Members
  • 5,640 posts

Posted 14 Apr 2012 - 21:09

Always annoys me when people invariably come up with the 'without Moyes we would have been relegated' theory.

What do you base that on, have we seen it, I mean, without Moyes we would have been relegated, have we been a witness to such a thing, it's all merely speculation and wild assumptions, if we had brought in someone else other than moyes in 2002, who knows where it could have taken us, it's inappropriate to merely insist on a relegation because of it, the bottom line is, we simply wouldn't know.

Getting back to today, I was thinking an hour or two earlier about the defeat and I still feel agiated or upset even about today but maybe not as strong as at time of fixture. All said it was a missed opportunity today, had the lead, should have built on that and Moyes reverts to type once more and goes on the defensive and hopes that a 1-0 lead will be enough for a victory, needless to say it wasn't. This is becoming one time too many these days and people always go on about the League finishes, I'm damn well aware of all that and I thank him for it, but not every year was one way traffic with regards to a league success. Also, He has had opportunities to do something in the Cup tourneys, but if we can look beyond the fucking embarrassments of Oldham, Reading, Shrewsbury, Brentford etc etc, once we do get to a certain stage the players and manager seem to lose it or falter and we end up with nothing, today was no different.

Moyes is too often, too dour, too frustrating, too defensive and lacks any ruthless agression, we can't always use the sometimes decent league finishes as a favorable nod to Moyes, for the last time, so long as Moyes is Everton club manager there will not be another trophy at Goodison Park, the man simply is unable to navigate the last remaining hurdles on the routes to glory and his defensiveness at times will get us nowhere, or makes me damn livid sometimes in any event.

#40 Bailey

Bailey

Kevin Ratcliffe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,015 posts

Posted 14 Apr 2012 - 21:16

A great manager gives you that little bit extra – a bit of tactical nous, a bit of motivation, the ability to get a team to perform to their best on the very biggest occasion – no matter what the circumstances. Moyes is not a great manager and never will be. He has lots of good qualities which have served us very well, but as a top end manager – one who can make a difference – he fails. That’s not going to change. Today was entirely predictable. It’s the latest in a long line of failures (his utterly wretched record against Liverpool being just one). If you’re happy with the fare he’s served up over the last few seasons – the torpid, witless displays against supposedly inferior opposition, the run of plucky victories against superior opposition, then fair enough, but I want a bit more from the club. We’re not going to get that under Moyes. Ever. Decent man though he is, and a great servant to the club, he’s not the go-to guy we need. Will undoubtedly be saying the same thing in 2 years’ time, just as I was saying it two years ago. It just goes on and on and on.

I do pretty much agree with you here.

I dont want to get stuck into another Moyes Out thread BUT no-one can tell me that we arent just going round in one big circle every season? Moyes is a good manager, but he doesnt have that winning mentality when it comes to the big games and he doesnt instill that in his players. I have no doubt that we will keep doing this year after year while he is at the club. Is that a bad thing in some respects? Not entirely. Will we be consistently safe each year? Probably. Will we ever win anything? No.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users