IGNORED

Moyes should go/Moyes should stay

I'm sure he'll be fresh as a daisy while he's sitting on the bench watching Distin and Jagielka wink.png.

I'll be chanting Moyes out if he pairs them together as first choice again. Whilst we all go sick as Distin is left for dead trying to mark 2 men after The Hoof is to busy shouting and ball watching to notice he's not marking anyone. Hopefully we keep Baines until after the game, so out tactics aren't compromised(rofl.gif as if Moyes would change them anyway) and give him a proper send off.

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, see what your saying and all, but it could be argued that why has it taken him 10 years to get to this point? it maybe points more to our backroom staff ie scouts and coaching not being up to scratch, it doesn't or shouldn't take this time to find someone to stick the ball in the back of the net should it now. You can't make a money argument for it, because Jelavic only cost £5m which is fuck all in terms of strikers.

But before Dunc comes back with some more trolling i will continue to state that under the current circumstances i believe that Moyes is the right man for Everton, and if he does bugger off to Spurs then god help us tbh.

He's had good Everton teams playing good football in the past, it's only now we've not been in europe for a couple of seasons that people are moaning about it. Sadly football fans have short memories (me included at times!)

Also on Jela only costing £5m - incredible signing like baines, jags, cahill, pienaar, howard, neville, lescott, arteta, maybe gibson etc... give Moyes £10m a season and he'll buy good players, make them better and add value - there's enough evidence to suggest this!

He's had good Everton teams playing good football in the past, it's only now we've not been in europe for a couple of seasons that people are moaning about it. Sadly football fans have short memories (me included at times!)

Also on Jela only costing £5m - incredible signing like baines, jags, cahill, pienaar, howard, neville, lescott, arteta, maybe gibson etc... give Moyes £10m a season and he'll buy good players, make them better and add value - there's enough evidence to suggest this!

their moaning because europe is where we want to be and we are not, and we where so it looks like we have gone backwards in a sense, and i think a lot of people are still hurting after the cup semi final, as for the good football, under Moyes it only ever seems to come it short bursts imo, he is still too negative, but then maybe the fact we have a goalscorer now will change his viewpoint and we might start being a bit more attack minded

their moaning because europe is where we want to be and we are not, and we where so it looks like we have gone backwards in a sense, and i think a lot of people are still hurting after the cup semi final, as for the good football, under Moyes it only ever seems to come it short bursts imo, he is still too negative, but then maybe the fact we have a goalscorer now will change his viewpoint and we might start being a bit more attack minded

We have had to sell when teams all around us are strengthening, January was the 1st time since Distin/Bily/Johnny when we actually invested in our first team and look what that did!!! I'm not surprised we've not been in europe. If Moyes can spend a little and improve rather than replace then we'll have qualified for Europe again this time next year - that I am very confident of.

Not sure what to think anymore. If we say he's done a good job, then people will point out the trophies(or lack thereof); If we say he's done a bad job, then people will say he's saved us from being relegated. I'm jaded by the line that separates expectations from gratefulness. Personally, I think Everton should have won a couple of trophies by now, and sometimes I'm very disappointed in the style of football we play -- can be dire, boring, long balls, park the bus, etc. However, I'm very appreciative of what he's been able to do with what limited resources he's been given. Great with money but only about 70% sold on his tactics though.

I just keep running circles in my head.

Edited by TonkaRoost

• 4 weeks later...

Keep Moyes, but he needs to be more positive in his approach to the game, with an attacking approach that keeps teams on the 'backfoot' for longer periods of the game. Too often the formation, tactics are cautious and predictable, which leaves us open to defeat against lesser teams. The cup semi-final was a perfect example of this and allowed us to be chasing lost balls and allowed 'them' to dictate play and control all aspects of the game. I agree that winning a trophy is well overdue and I feel it is more down to a ' inferior mindset' rather than just a lack of resources. huh.png

That's about it, the Investment issue will rage on, but the players we have can do a job when the time arises. We do have some good players and I'm quietly confident for next season, but as always, if Moyes won't change his Intransigent philosophies about safety soccer then what good's it going to do the players, the negative approaches need to be eradicated if we are to make a challenge. I want to see Everton win something again, 17 years now this calendar year without any honors, I always insist Moyes isn't the man to change that, he's had a decade now. Don't want to keep berating the individual but I wonder sometimes how long the omission of an actual trophy won will continue.

I love how these arguements just go round and round in circles, which I guess is just like how we play under Moyes!

Im hoping that finally we will get a good start to the season so that we can show what we really can do. Yes we got better results at the start of the season and had instances of fantastic football, but the same faults were still there lurking in the background and need sorting out otherwise we will be back to square one.

I personally couldnt give a toss about trophies (strange I know) but I believe in good performances. Not spanking teams 10-0 or running rings round them, but solid defending and effective attacking. We do that (like we did at times at the end of last season, the season before that & the season before that) then the sky is the limit. If we let other teams dictate, get lazy and have no direction or discipline (like we did at the start of last season, the season before that & the season before that) then we will be having this thread will be 25 pages long by Christmas!

apart from the 60s and 80s teams this is the best side weve had even the team that won the cup in 95 wasnt this good and under moyes weve had some great footballing times.

Agree 100%, we are just a couple of players away from having a squad ready to make a serious challenge for the top 4.