IGNORED

Moyes should go/Moyes should stay

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I personally think Capello will take the reigns at Spurs and Moyes will be here next season.

You have a man who has a near unmatched record in world football who has stated He would like one last job and it to be here in England with a club who is pushing or has Champion League football...not many other teams He could go to is there??

Or with all due respect a man who has no silver in his cabinet in ten years although on limited resources I know who would be My choice.

I really do not understand as to how Martinez is a bad manager...

He has his teams playing proper football. Based on his budget in both transfers and wages, he is ultra efficient.

http://www.haugstadfootball.net/?p=425

Martinez performs well over a 1/3 of the season, Moyes 1/2... We've played as well and probably better than them since Jan and let's be honest it's not as if Wigan haven't spent a bit over the years as have we. The problem is, the grass is always greener to some. It's okay for Martinez to under perform for 2/3 of the season but for Moyes to finish 7th after a slow start is not okay?

Rodgers took Swansea up whatever foundations have been laid. Rodgers also kept them up and outperformed Wigan.

Wigan fact... Paul Jewell and Steve Bruce both got higher prem finishes from Wigan than Martinez.

If he was called Robert Martin then we wouldn't even be entertaining the idea!

I personally think Capello will take the reigns at Spurs and Moyes will be here next season.

You have a man who has a near unmatched record in world football who has stated He would like one last job and it to be here in England with a club who is pushing or has Champion League football...not many other teams He could go to is there??

Or with all due respect a man who has no silver in his cabinet in ten years although on limited resources I know who would be My choice.

This tbh, i know there is a lot of talk at the moment, but i can see Moyes being here, i wonder whether he might back BK into a corner over it with regards to resources?

back him into the corner for what? bk doesn't have the money...can back him all the way across the great wall of china and he still wouldn't

oh i know that, but he might say show us the money or i will walk lol, anyway, there has been talk that there maybe a small amount of money there + money from player sales, i remember reading something a few weeks back, it was'nt saying loads like £10-15m, i will try find it

Bruce had a net spend of £0.5m - Martinez was minus £10m.

Martinez reduced wages by £3m a year also.

Basically like for like martinez has produced better football on less resource. Look at his record against the top 4 versus jewell and Bruce, no comparison. His teams have a go at teams. His 3-4-3 innovative change towards the latter part to the season a major success.

A manager with footballing principles, prepared to evolve, will have a go at the top 4 teams, can manage on pennies. He is a good manager.

Basically like for like martinez has produced better football on less resource. Look at his record against the top 4 versus jewell and Bruce, no comparison. His teams have a go at teams. His 3-4-3 innovative change towards the latter part to the season a major success.

A manager with footballing principles, prepared to evolve, will have a go at the top 4 teams, can manage on pennies. He is a good manager.

Ok Haf, I agree with you, Martinez is a good manager, but would you trust him with Everton's survival in the prem, because I don't. It's one thing trying to keep Wigan up, quite another to keep us where we are.

Hope Moyes stays. If he does go, I would like Martinez to be honest. He has a team devoid of talent play decent football. He always makes a good impression in interviews as well. Suggesting Redknapp has to be a joke? He's completely inept tactically, just gets to spend a lot of money.

PS: Where has Hoilett gone? I can't seem to find anything?

all well and good havin a good record against the big teams but they don't beat the smaller ones which are the bread and butter matches of the premier league..he's a decent manager but i think dave whelan seems to have been a genius in the way he has painted him to be amazing

Any one who thinks Moyes should go needs their head testing.

• Although I don't think he owes us anything after 10 years I can't see him jumping ship to Spurs it's hardly the safest job in football and he knows that.
  • There's only one job he would consider and we all know which one that is.
  • DM gives us stability, continuity and the relative confidence that comes with it.
  • Blue union may despair at the perceived stagnation of the club but Everton are a relatively well run club in many ways and keeping DM is essential to maintain this.
  • Choosing a new manager is something of a lottery & the chances of getting another good one are definitely odds against.

Ok Haf, I agree with you, Martinez is a good manager, but would you trust him with Everton's survival in the prem, because I don't. It's one thing trying to keep Wigan up, quite another to keep us where we are.

Keeping Wigan up is a harder job than finishing 7th with Everton. Still don't like Martinez though.

Just to play Devils advocate (I want him to stay too).

What wouldn't be appealing about managing a team that is good enough to compete, with a decent transfer kitty in the capital city where foreign players will be attracted to and with a potential new stadium development on the horizon?

As he is ambitious, would an ambitious club not be his logical next step? A club with the money to keep on improving?

I think Martinez is a realistic choice, as in he is in the country, wont cost a fortune to get out of Wigan, wont ask for lots of money. I cant think who else is an actual option. Bilic would be great, but he has a job at Loko, so he is out of the picture.

Would anyone rather have Martinez with a lower premier league team experience, or a championship manager with no prem experience?

Just looked on the site you probably got those figures off and they're clearly wrong... 'signed' and 'undisclosed' figures are ignored! Martinez probably does have a lower net spend but I'd imagine that's a sign of the times as spending has been lower (minus a few exceptions) in the last couple of seasons.

This site... http://www.transferleague.co.uk/premiership-transfers/wigan-athletic-transfers.html

Edited by c1982

I think Martinez is a realistic choice, as in he is in the country, wont cost a fortune to get out of Wigan, wont ask for lots of money. I cant think who else is an actual option. Bilic would be great, but he has a job at Loko, so he is out of the picture.

Would anyone rather have Martinez with a lower premier league team experience, or a championship manager with no prem experience?

reminds me of someone

Ok Steve, would YOU go to Spurs? Euro football, money to spend, big salary etc........

That's rediculous.

It's all speculative but lets say BK puts him on £4.5m a year, nearly £87k a week.

football-highest-paid-managers.jpg

As of the turn of the year (2012)

Highest paid manager in the world who has yet to win anything, who has the peace of mind that his expectations will always be minimalised by lack of budget which therefore allows him to: play cautious football, throw derby matches away, talk about taking knives to a gun fight, but yet seemingly convince everyone that plucky Everton are a squad of sunday league hoof it's, rather than a team of international footballers.

It's an amazing gig he's got himself there. Continue working under circumstances that no other manager in their right mind would do, keep schtum despite having to sell millions of pounds worth of players replacing them with gambles - but hey £87k a week - be mad not to. Probably been paid somewhere in the region of £40m in his time at the club.

not sure how many times i have to say this...you can't force kenwright into gettin money from nowhere

It's not just Kenwright Marco. There are members on that board who have millions yet not put a single bean into the club, the biggest investors in the club are the fans. They have allowed for assets they acquired in the name of Everton F.C to be sold in order to service the debts that the ridiculous mortgage taken out.

Under that shower we will continue to stagnate, it's like a kid with a paper round trying to run a car, he will sell his wheel trims, spoiler, car stereo etc to pay for petrol and still hope someone will buy the thing off him...

My belief is this - Everton are up for sale as much as Lionel Messi is... they aren't advertised at a price, they aren't listed, the owners do not want to sell them, but they will if someone stumps up more than what they are worth.

Anyone who thinks that this whole "I want to make sure I sell the club to the right owner" is true, may do well to look at the fact that the people who say this tried to move us to a cow shed in Kirby - which would have seen the club on it's knees. They are in it for the money.

reminds me of someone

I know, im not saying one is better than the other, im trying to move the conversation along a bit.

Ok Steve, would YOU go to Spurs? Euro football, money to spend, big salary etc........

Yes, I would go to Spurs.