IGNORED

Moyes should go/Moyes should stay

cant believe this thread is still active....

Why? if Moyes is going to be exempt from criticism then how do we ever improve, realistically he should move on after 10 years and nothing to show for it, and in the past few years we have stagnated slightly, BUT at the moment, because of the mess that BK and his cronies have created, Moyes IS the perfect man to lead the club, but if we don't at least get back up into Europe next season, then i don't really see how we can keep going round in circles all the time, but i think we will get into Europe next season. He has to show he can do something even just for his own career progression. Edited by theprisoner

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why? if Moyes is going to be exempt from criticism then how do we ever improve, realistically he should move on after 10 years and nothing to show for it, and in the past few years we have stagnated slightly, BUT at the moment, because of the mess that BK and his cronies have created, Moyes IS the perfect man to lead the club, but if we don't at least get back up into Europe next season, then i don't really see how we can keep going round in circles all the time, but i think we will get into Europe next season. He has to show he can do something even just for his own career progression.

not saying he should be exempt at all, criticize away but saying hes got to go is a joke and the arguments are going round in circles.

not saying he should be exempt at all, criticize away but saying hes got to go is a joke and the arguments are going round in circles.

Why is it a joke though, he has had 10 years and nothing to show for it, the last few years we have gone backwards slightly. name me another club where he would have been given that sort of time, on the wage he is on, and have nothing to show for it after 10 years?

We do need to just stick with him for the time being though, he knows how to handle BK and that, so better the devil you know imo, so from that point of view i agree with what your saying, to get rid of him at the moment would achieve nothing.

Edited by theprisoner

Why is it a joke though, he has had 10 years and nothing to show for it, the last few years we have gone backwards slightly. name me another club where he would have been given that sort of time, on the wage he is on, and have nothing to show for it after 10 years?

We do need to just stick with him for the time being though, he knows how to handle BK and that, so better the devil you know imo, so from that point of view i agree with what your saying, to get rid of him at the moment would achieve nothing.

which is my point - this thread is daft because we need him, its a huge risk to get rid of him for many reasons, all of which are mentioned above. Has he achieved what he shouldve? No. Who else good do his job? In theory a few but the point is theyre not doing his job and they dont have his relationship with the chairman or players.

By all means vent frustrations but Moyes out..... no.

It all comes down to the BK situation, they are like siamese twins, so the relationship they have means we have to keep Moyes because he is prepared to roll with BK and his bullshit, until that changes, yes like you say this thread is pointless until the off-field situation changes.

One thing i would say is that in January Moyes was actually given some cash to spend.

He spent it on a bunch of guys that have not only changed our results, but the way we play too. And dont forget this is the same moyes that cannot come up with a plan B!

Am i the only one that can see a completely different style since January? am i the only one that watched the newcastle match and thought to myself...jesus christ, were not only better then these but we are playing them of the park.

Yes he still needs to show a plan B when a match is going badly, but lets look back at Man city shall we.....had the title virtually won at christmas.....6 games to go they had blown it......was that becuase thier manager didnt have a clue? the rest as they say is history.

Every top team has had more than one or tow off days this season against lower opposition, just like u.

But we still managed to finish 7th with no cash.

Could we really do better than Moyes? i would hate to see him go to a club with cash and buy a team that wins something.

I think we should back him until h has been given that chance...if he falls on his face then ill be in line with you all asking for his sack!

Moyes keeps Bill in a job, and Bill keeps Moyes in a job.

If Moyes went and the club dropped back down the league to fighting relegation, I cant see many people still supporting Bill.

Also, Bill hasnt put Moyes under the kind of pressure a Premiership manager should be under.

They both make each others life easy, and that, for me, is the problem. They both need to make life a bit more uncomfortable for each other. Bill should be pushing him for better results, letting him know another slow start to the season isn't acceptable. Likewise, Moyes should be telling Bill to find him more money for wages and transfers. Instead they both say publicly how easy it is for them to work together, not enough for me.

If Moyes went and the club dropped back down the league to fighting relegation, I cant see many people still supporting Bill.

Also, Bill hasnt put Moyes under the kind of pressure a Premiership manager should be under.

They both make each others life easy, and that, for me, is the problem. They both need to make life a bit more uncomfortable for each other. Bill should be pushing him for better results, letting him know another slow start to the season isn't acceptable. Likewise, Moyes should be telling Bill to find him more money for wages and transfers. Instead they both say publicly how easy it is for them to work together, not enough for me.

very well put, hard not to agree

THIS!!

this is our problem big time, they are as bad as each other and both are at fault in their own sort of a way. Well said StevO

Like the other two I couldnt agree more. Well put.

Cant argue with that other than ask, isnt the second half of the season a sign that it could just be working?

Agreed if next season starts the same as this then yes we cant go on with this and maybe something deeper is wrong.

But at the moment i am with the group that is going with the momentum and wants to push forward, and if that means moyes and bill being buddies then who cares.

I mean lets face facts here...we are skint! but moyes still managed to spend money in January that we are not meant to have? does this mean that maybe the mopyes/bill relationship in a wierd kind of way actually works? Maybe due to that relationship bill is squeezing what little we dont have.

Or am i missing somethiong and we have the money somewhere hidden.

To me i just simply can't see how we can improve on our manger at this time. Coaching staff i wholheartedly agree. We could do with Dunc having free reign on our forwards and could do with finding a creative coach to nurture our wonder kid through.

But for now i am sticking my trust with moyes and will support him and the club through thick and thin. Unless we start shit next season again then ill be all over them haha!

Can i ask what you guys feel about our coaching staff and what influence they have?

Cant argue with that other than ask, isnt the second half of the season a sign that it could just be working?

Agreed if next season starts the same as this then yes we cant go on with this and maybe something deeper is wrong.

But it's not like it's only been this season this has happened.

But at the moment i am with the group that is going with the momentum and wants to push forward, and if that means moyes and bill being buddies then who cares.

I mean lets face facts here...we are skint! but moyes still managed to spend money in January that we are not meant to have? does this mean that maybe the mopyes/bill relationship in a wierd kind of way actually works? Maybe due to that relationship bill is squeezing what little we dont have.

Or am i missing somethiong and we have the money somewhere hidden.

To me i just simply can't see how we can improve on our manger at this time. Coaching staff i wholheartedly agree. We could do with Dunc having free reign on our forwards and could do with finding a creative coach to nurture our wonder kid through.

But for now i am sticking my trust with moyes and will support him and the club through thick and thin. Unless we start shit next season again then ill be all over them haha!

Can i ask what you guys feel about our coaching staff and what influence they have?

He sold players to get that money.

I dont think anyone knows ebough about what happens at finch farm to know too much. One thing I do know though, a lot of our coaches were defenders in their playing careers, not many forward players. (Irvine, Sheedy & Duncan only I think, across all the teams.)

Ye i give you that.

Guess im just an eternal optimist haha! i doi realise at the moment i am filled with hope especially after the last two months so i may have rose tinted glasses on.

But i honestly think that Moyes buying that god damn striking sensation has gave him a lift that not only has him smiling, but looking at the team differently. oh fuck imagine having jelly with his of the shoulder runs with someone like Arteta's ( tear ) craft in the middle threading balls through.

From what i have been seeing in the reserves from Barkley ( which is not that much, would love to see more ) he looks like he has a ball through the middle in his locker. Seems to have a few assists from through balls.

Ye i give you that.

Guess im just an eternal optimist haha! i doi realise at the moment i am filled with hope especially after the last two months so i may have rose tinted glasses on.

But i honestly think that Moyes buying that god damn striking sensation has gave him a lift that not only has him smiling, but looking at the team differently. oh fuck imagine having jelly with his of the shoulder runs with someone like Arteta's ( tear ) craft in the middle threading balls through.

From what i have been seeing in the reserves from Barkley ( which is not that much, would love to see more ) he looks like he has a ball through the middle in his locker. Seems to have a few assists from through balls.

Ossie if hes ever given the chance to play there, Pienaar if we sign him, Barkley, Felli.... The future is indeed bright.

I really enjoy reading this thread it has become well balanced. I read one view that moyes shouldn't go but learn from his mistakes and I think that us where I am in this debate. Few points:

We are known as a team who start very slow moyes has to find a solution for this.

The reason we gain new optimism each season is because we believe we can improve. I think under moyes we have flatlined and I for one don't want that. It doesn't have to be a better league placing but more some consistency in performance and more attacking flair which we have lacked this season. Saha out means a good season for me

We have improved under Moyes, make no mistake about it, a massive improvement from the disaster that was Smith pre 2002 and even Kendall third time around, but above all else (I'm at it again), there simply is no end product in way of a trophy won, he's had ten years now and nothing to show for it by way of an actual honor won, we all know about the League finishes etc, that's all very well and good even if it hasn't always been one way traffic for that in a decade of the scot's involvement. I want to see the club win something again, It's been 17 years damn it since the last success, It's frustrating year after year, thinking something could happen or there could be some end product and nothing ever does, we came close again this year but it just arrived at the same cul de sac. Moyes has been manager for a large share of that 17 years and as manager must take his share of the responsibilities. You can trust in Moyes all you want, but I don't trust the man in way of a damn trophy won again. I'd like to be more hopeful or even benevolent to the man himself but I just feel I can't change that opinion.

• 4 weeks later...

Let's be honest, spurs had their succession planning done before the shock hire of Roy hodgson. They pretty much have a very good idea as to what they intended to do.

Is it the end of the world if moyes goes? No, it's the start of what would hopefully be a fresh start.

Just the other day I heard second hand off a players mates, mate as to how some players feel restricted by moyes cautious approach.