IGNORED

Moyes should go/Moyes should stay

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does that mean Moyes is going nowhere then?, what I mean is, a minority of supporters won't like that, but did feel Moyes at Spurs did seem a bit remote even if they did have him considered or one of the favorites for the vacancy. I think Andre Villas Boas or whatever his name is, seems like a plausible replacement though.

It's not just Kenwright Marco. There are members on that board who have millions yet not put a single bean into the club, the biggest investors in the club are the fans. They have allowed for assets they acquired in the name of Everton F.C to be sold in order to service the debts that the ridiculous mortgage taken out.

Under that shower we will continue to stagnate, it's like a kid with a paper round trying to run a car, he will sell his wheel trims, spoiler, car stereo etc to pay for petrol and still hope someone will buy the thing off him...

My belief is this - Everton are up for sale as much as Lionel Messi is... they aren't advertised at a price, they aren't listed, the owners do not want to sell them, but they will if someone stumps up more than what they are worth.

Anyone who thinks that this whole "I want to make sure I sell the club to the right owner" is true, may do well to look at the fact that the people who say this tried to move us to a cow shed in Kirby - which would have seen the club on it's knees. They are in it for the money.

Nothing personal Haf but i need more of a reason not to believe in those words. to me that is the right thing to do, when Everton do bow down to the disgruntled jaded few, then thats when i think the real problems will start.

You gotta stop hating so much man! your last few months of posts are being clouded by your hated of the two guys! take a step back and look at current situations and what we can do to resolve them.

Is there a better manager at the moment for us that DM?

Is there a better person at the reigns at the moment that BK?

Should we hang on to what we have and stay in debt?

Or should we sell an asset and try to build?

Should we just sell to the highest offer and hope they dont strangle us?

or should we wait out for the right investors?

My thoughts are that i can think of no better two guys at the helm at the min ( realistically )

I also dont want to be sold to anyone for a few quick millions only to see us slide further into the shit.

If we need to sell to build then although i will be gutted to see my faves go, i can understand it.

Personally i would like to see another year of Moyes and see what he can do with this momentum we have, not just the same old second half to season either...anyone who watched us could see an obvious change in the way we play with Jela.

If we start the same again then maybe look for a replacment over Christmas.

Nothing personal Haf but i need more of a reason not to believe in those words. to me that is the right thing to do, when Everton do bow down to the disgruntled jaded few, then thats when i think the real problems will start.

You gotta stop hating so much man! your last few months of posts are being clouded by your hated of the two guys! take a step back and look at current situations and what we can do to resolve them.

Is there a better manager at the moment for us that DM?

Is there a better person at the reigns at the moment that BK?

Should we hang on to what we have and stay in debt?

Or should we sell an asset and try to build?

Should we just sell to the highest offer and hope they dont strangle us?

or should we wait out for the right investors?

My thoughts are that i can think of no better two guys at the helm at the min ( realistically )

I also dont want to be sold to anyone for a few quick millions only to see us slide further into the shit.

If we need to sell to build then although i will be gutted to see my faves go, i can understand it.

Personally i would like to see another year of Moyes and see what he can do with this momentum we have, not just the same old second half to season either...anyone who watched us could see an obvious change in the way we play with Jela.

If we start the same again then maybe look for a replacment over Christmas.

Not necessarily the last few months shukes, more like the last 5 years! If anything my activity has been low of recent with getting married an all.

Anyhows marriage hasn't changed me, still love the blues and still want to be able to see us win a trophy. The able bit is where I'm struggling.

We will not win a trophy under moyes. Last years FA cup was a bigger opportunity than in the final against Chelsea. Under a regime where the manager was given £10m per year to spend - moyes would be gone for his brand of football. He micromanages everything. Dour, one dimensional, dull, negative, sorry but it is.

As for kenwright - I'm tired, really really tired. He's not honest, he's spent years kidding himself. He loves the club, no doubt. He loves himself motd though. We are not a professional outfit anymore. Second rate organisation.

Moyes and kenwright are codependent - that's basically it.

Its all over the net Speculation that AVB will be the next Spurs Manager, with either Tim Sherwood or Damian comoli as director of Football,

No Disrespect but on the Spurs Forums Moyes would not have been a popular choice and I could see him taking the job if offered any way, as it would not be a shrewd move for him, why would he leave Everton ? Tottenham is not necessarily a better or bigger club, we are both quite similar, ok we are a bit more financially secure but it would not be a major step up for him, its also rumoured, that UTD have him in mind for when Bacon face retires, to be honest I don't think he is that good.

Its possible that Levy has someone lined up, possibly AVB or Capello or someone else, as he did this when he sacked Graham, Jol, Ramos but its definately not Moyes, and another thing he would not play the Spurs way (dodgy at the back but quite good going forward)

My Choice would have been Lambert but he has gone to Villa

gratz on marriage Haf!

There are a lot who have the same burnout with the two i can see that. but one thing is evident and that is that they are trying.....or it seems to me they are.

Maybe that is just me buying into BK's talk, but i do feel they try thier best.

Now if they turn out to be as far as they can go and we have to change, then thats down to footballing reasons amd not through lack of trying.

And i would still credit Moyes with turning us around and building from the bottom up.

On this subject, I think Charlton fans were in a similar position a few years back with Curbishley... they wanted someone to take them on from being a mid-table premiership side! Less than a decade on and they've just been promoted from the 3rd tier of English football! I am so glad the people calling for Moyes out are the minority and are not being heard at Goodison Park.

On this subject, I think Charlton fans were in a similar position a few years back with Curbishley... they wanted someone to take them on from being a mid-table premiership side! Less than a decade on and they've just been promoted from the 3rd tier of English football! I am so glad the people calling for Moyes out are the minority and are not being heard at Goodison Park.

Thats all fine and well, the talk of him signing on and gaining a pay rise is nonsense, he needs to at least win 1 trophy next season if not 2 to justify it imo, im not saying change the manager, but the manager needs to change his mentality, and its been said a thousand times before but Moyes would never have been allowed 10 years at any other Premier League club without winning something during that time.

Thats all fine and well, the talk of him signing on and gaining a pay rise is nonsense, he needs to at least win 1 trophy next season if not 2 to justify it imo, im not saying change the manager, but the manager needs to change his mentality, and its been said a thousand times before but Moyes would never have been allowed 10 years at any other Premier League club without winning something during that time.

Which clubs have passed us (without big money) in the last 10years? Which clubs have we passed in that same time? It's not Moyes - it's lack of investment that is holding us back!

Which clubs have passed us (without big money) in the last 10years? Which clubs have we passed in that same time? It's not Moyes - it's lack of investment that is holding us back!

Since when are we interested in what other clubs do? im only interested in EFC and we could have done more at times, we hav'nt even qualifed for europe the last couple of seasons, and Moyes has spent money, yes its not as much as some others but he has had it the facts are there. Anyway even the teams who have not won anything generally don't keep the same manager for 10 years do they. He certainly does not require a pay increase imo. Edited by theprisoner

I think from Moyes' tone in interviews, especially when he refers to the January transfers, is expressing the message that's been there for the last few years. Moyes brought in a striker and two midfielders, and we finished the season as one of the strongest form sides. At one point we scored 12 goals in 3 games. The fact that the whole club was lifted by that to me shows that if Moyes gets a chunk of change, he can actually unearth real quality which will translate into better form for longer periods. A lot of best players over the years cost under 10mil, so there's no need need for massive money as far as players go. there are plenty of good players that are available for reasonable prices, and we wouldn't need that much to be competitive at a higher level. Bring Pienaar back, sign another striker and another wide player, and legitimately how far off are we from having a team that could get europa league or higher?

You can tell with Moyes, he has even said, that he wants to win things at Everton, not just for the CV, but because he loves the club. It's the same for the players, they all want the club to reach a higher level, and based on our attacking performances in the second half of last season, if, god willing, we carry it into next season, who knows? Lest we forget we already have a striker, attacking midfielder and defender in Vellios, Barkley and Duffy, who all showed in short spurts last season they can affect the way we play. They'll be a season stronger and hungry, and I'd love them to come in and give Moyes something to think about. Barkley alone is like a created player on Fifa with the stats all on 90, all he needs is a run in the team and a goal or two to get his confidence up and we'll be fighting teams off for his signature.

Personally, I think Moyes should stay. What other manager would want to come here when we have loads of debt, no money to spend, have to sell players to buy, and even in those circumstances, a fan base that expect a top ten if not top 5 finish year in year out? The fact that Moyes has lasted 10 years and given us 3 top 5 finishes and I think its 7 top 7 finishes is, as everybody in football now recognises, a massive achievement. If he can get us a cup, and by extension Europa, or just europa itself, it'll give us a platform going forward. Plus based on the fact that Moyes has seen how Harry has been treated, would he really want the pressure of the job at Tottenham? I think not.

Since when are we interested in what other clubs do? im only interested in EFC and we could have done more at times, we hav'nt even qualifed for europe the last couple of seasons, and Moyes has spent money, yes its not as much as some others but he has had it the facts are there. Anyway even the teams who have not won anything generally don't keep the same manager for 10 years do they. He certainly does not require a pay increase imo.

I'm not interested in other clubs but it is relevant! The 6 clubs ahead of us have a lot more in terms of resources as do many below. He's continued to do a good job through a time where players have had to be sold to help pay back the banks. I bet many clubs below us wish they had kept managers who did well for them! You've obviously read Moyes is getting a pay rise or your sourced up on this?! Who knows - I don't and I doubt you do either. Give Moyes a budget and allow him to buy without the restraints of selling key players and he'll deliver - he's done it in the past and he'll do it again!

I'm not interested in other clubs but it is relevant! The 6 clubs ahead of us have a lot more in terms of resources as do many below. He's continued to do a good job through a time where players have had to be sold to help pay back the banks. I bet many clubs below us wish they had kept managers who did well for them! You've obviously read Moyes is getting a pay rise or your sourced up on this?! Who knows - I don't and I doubt you do either. Give Moyes a budget and allow him to buy without the restraints of selling key players and he'll deliver - he's done it in the past and he'll do it again!

Listen, i agree with you to some extent in that for now, im all for keeping him, but i don't think he should get a pay rise (if that part is true) we will wait and see as always with Everton.

Some fair criticism....certainly in terms of the way we play big games/teams; he seems to have an inferiority complex....but nothing that's not been said on here a thousand times.

No, its probably the best format i've seen it written up like that, but like you say Mike, nothing that has not been seen/said before.

WOW, a journalist who has some knowledge as to how Everton play and in particular Moyes brand of football.

It seems half the pundits out there apply some form of handicap when assessing a managers performance. Whether you pay £1m for a player or £10m for a player - the player will not improve based on what he was valued at. Look at Henderson - never an £18m player, and personally he would not get in our starting 11.

The reality is this, Moyes has a good team and he deserves credit for that. However the team he has does not play in a way that it should, we have better players than the likes of Swansea, Norwich, Wigan and yet they play football that is streets ahead. Yes, we are more effective - the league shows that, but come on - we play some teams in a manner that reminded me of Ireland vs Spain the other night - as if we are happy just to be there. The semi final against Liverpool for example. No ball retention, we just ensure we have enough men behind the ball for when we do lose it.

Not necessarily the last few months shukes, more like the last 5 years! If anything my activity has been low of recent with getting married an all.

Anyhows marriage hasn't changed me, still love the blues and still want to be able to see us win a trophy. The able bit is where I'm struggling.

We will not win a trophy under moyes. Last years FA cup was a bigger opportunity than in the final against Chelsea. Under a regime where the manager was given £10m per year to spend - moyes would be gone for his brand of football. He micromanages everything. Dour, one dimensional, dull, negative, sorry but it is.

As for kenwright - I'm tired, really really tired. He's not honest, he's spent years kidding himself. He loves the club, no doubt. He loves himself motd though. We are not a professional outfit anymore. Second rate organisation.

Moyes and kenwright are codependent - that's basically it.

Ha ha its good to be back, Ive missed all this negativity and mindless ranting!

If Moyes had been under a regime that could give him £10M a season to spend we would probably be playing Champions League football by now and all you would have to moan about would be a lack of Saturday afternoon football

Ha ha its good to be back, Ive missed all this negativity and mindless ranting!

If Moyes had been under a regime that could give him £10M a season to spend we would probably be playing Champions League football by now and all you would have to moan about would be a lack of Saturday afternoon football

I would say my opinion of Moyes is balanced - he has some excellent attributes which he has always had - hard working, loyal, straight talking, meticulous.

He also has some failings - stubborn, cautious, dithers on decision making, micromanages (read Baz Rathbones book) and doesn't delegate.

I don't think he would have us playing champions league on £10m a year - he has problems in managing big players with ego's. He is an excellent manager if mid table to 7th place is what you consider success.

He is the main reason we have not been relegated - no doubt about it, and I am grateful. However he needs to kick on and evolve his style to suit the better quality players we now have.

I don't think he would have us playing champions league on £10m a year - he has problems in managing big players with ego's. He is an excellent manager if mid table to 7th place is what you consider success.

I think he would have us at least challenging 4th every season with that kind of money - he wouldn't neccessarily be buying ego's, assuming you're basing this on Drenthe, VDM and Yak? I don't neccessarily think we'd play our current style if moyes had the players he craved, he's had to make do at times but you can see how we played at the end of last season when we had options - there wasn't too much negativitiy there! 12 goals in 3 games was it? That's even better than Wigan, Norwich and Swansea!

I think he would have us at least challenging 4th every season with that kind of money - he wouldn't neccessarily be buying ego's, assuming you're basing this on Drenthe, VDM and Yak? I don't neccessarily think we'd play our current style if moyes had the players he craved, he's had to make do at times but you can see how we played at the end of last season when we had options - there wasn't too much negativitiy there! 12 goals in 3 games was it? That's even better than Wigan, Norwich and Swansea!

lol Dont be letting the truth get in the way of a good moan!

Yeah, see what your saying and all, but it could be argued that why has it taken him 10 years to get to this point? it maybe points more to our backroom staff ie scouts and coaching not being up to scratch, it doesn't or shouldn't take this time to find someone to stick the ball in the back of the net should it now. You can't make a money argument for it, because Jelavic only cost £5m which is fuck all in terms of strikers.

But before Dunc comes back with some more trolling i will continue to state that under the current circumstances i believe that Moyes is the right man for Everton, and if he does bugger off to Spurs then god help us tbh.

The right man for stability for sure, but not the individual we need if we really want to win something again I'm afraid.

I honestly won't be that upset if he does leave, but it won't be at white hart lane I'm sure of it, it seems very remote.

we can argue the issue for while the day is long but the bottom line is, as before, he's had a decade in charge, there has been no productivity in way of an actual trophy won, the cup tourneys have been an embarrassment sometimes, but of course people will look to the league campaigns and worthy finishes, and that's all true and well and I thank Moyes for that, he has done very well for the most part in his 10 years and it's easy to see why other clubs look to him as a possible manager for their players, he has proved himself to be no flash in the pan and has some very notable achievements to his name but above all else, the man seems unable to deliver an actual trophy won, I think he's simply uncapable of such a feat and I've seen a lot of seasons of Moyes as we all have. I sometimes feel, take a chance with a new face and see where it takes us, than more seasons with the Scot or stable play it safe philosophies with no end product yet again. I can't change that thinking.

BBC....

Everton manager David Moyes on Croatia’s decision to drop Toffees striker Nikica Jelavic for their crucial clash against Spain:

"I'm a bit disappointed Jelavic isn't starting. But it was always a decision Croatia coach Slaven Bilic had to make - go with two forwards or an extra midfield player. I think it's the correct call to pick an extra midfield player against this Spain side."

No real surprise as he thinks it's the right decision to play five in midfield at home to Sheffield United in the Carling Cuprofl.gif .