IGNORED

Everton V Chelsea

Finn balor

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

got a bad feeling that this one will be over as a contest after 1/2 an hour with them going 2-0 up by then.........then a 3rd late on........WILL BE THRILLED TO BE WRONG OF COURSE!!!!!!!!!!

sorry to say I told you so, but not far off......

we were just total rubbish tonight, no positives at all to take away from this one...

and by the way, now you see why they were giving 160-1 on 1-0 to us with beattie scoring -- he's missing chances that should be scored 9 out of 10.....

why should that make us feel better!?!?  we are battling for league spots with charlton, a RS win would have been good for us.........

You're right... hadn't thought of that. Tho I can't help but grin when I hear RS losing.

Aaah this sucks. I guess 4-1 Away to Chelsea (I admit who are a quality side) is easier to stomach than any of the other 4-0 losses we've had against lesser opposition.

Guest fozzie22

Men against boys in the end

chelsea are the oposite of what we are..have money,pace,big squad

glad it wasnt more in the end

but good to see turner in goal at last

Guest fozzie22
agree fozzie, not too down hearted, always gnna be a big task, our chance against them was at home...Everton fans at the end still cheerin...i fuckin love this club!

aye glad to get it out of the way tbh,the squad isnt big enough for a cup run

as for europe..well we all can remember the start of this season cant we <_<

Think Turner has earned another game at w/end.

To drop him now might shatter his confidence and insinuate blame.......tho i dont blame him for any goals.

Edit for a PS.......YES YOU WHERE RIGHT FOZ, MEN AGAINST BOYS.

Edited by toffeelicker

It wasn't a good performance, we needed to be at our best and were far from it. Good things though...

1. Turner got his chance and did nothing wrong

2. Lee Carsley nearly there

3. (Less importantly) Shaun Wright Phillips. For our World Cup prospects, SWP is on another planet...don't understand why Chelski don't use him more. Right up there with "he who must not be named" in my opinion..

Guest fozzie22
It wasn't a good performance, we needed to be at our best and were far from it. Good things though...

1. Turner got his chance and did nothing wrong

2. Lee Carsley nearly there

3. (Less importantly) Shaun Wright Phillips. For our World Cup prospects, SWP is on another planet...don't understand why Chelski don't use him more. Right up there with "he who must not be named" in my opinion..

Yup agree..everytime SWP got the ball we shit ourselves,and rightly so he had pace to burn.

I said before we played Chelsea the first time I would settle for losing to them and get 6 points out of the next 2 games. Got 3 against Man City so will be happy if we can get another 3 against Blackburn.

Tactics were wrong from the start. We were playing for Penalties in my opinion or trying to catch them on the break.

Should have attached from the start which got us our reply in the first place.

Doubt if Yobo will be back in time for the game at the weekend.

Good to see Carsley back.

Thought that Cahill was going to get sent off last night

Agree with pretty much everything that was said the only 2 points that came out of the game that annoyed me was

1, keep on mentioning Johnson for England but no mention of Hibbert (what does he have to do?)

2, Chelski not playing SWP regulary it will harm our world cup chances he was top class last night!

I knew from the state of the pitch that we wouldnt get anything from the game (not because we couldnt play our passing game!) but the players where sure to get tired on it so our high tempo game would not last. Credit to Jose for watering the pitch, home tactics.

Think the pen for them was a little harse and 1 nil down is hard enough but at 2-0 no chance especially when your team cant score more than 1 goal.

Beattie missed a golden oportunity he should have at least hit the target.

Faddy played well when he came on and as mentioned Turner done well, he was tested with a couple at teh start and his handling was good. As mentioned warrents a place in the first 11 if Martyn isnt fit.

Oh well to blackburn the unbeaten run has ended but away to Chelsea dont think the confidence will be knocked to much, just hope the players are not to tired after a long 90 minute run around on a crappy pitch.

Good to see Turner get a run out last night, but I have to say, how many brain cells does Richard Wright have? If no one has seen it yet, Wright got injured in the warm up. He went to tip a cross over the bar and as he landed his heel scraped down a wooden A-board that was standing in the net. His heel went down it and then went over on his ankle and fell on the board. Nothing stupid in that, I hear you say, just an accident. So did I, until it showed what was written on the board. "Please do not use this goal for warm ups, use the temporary one." Considering we are one goalie short already, it wasn't the freatest timing for a f*ck up like that. What a muppet.

You would have to say we caught Chelsea on a bad night yesterday - I thought they played like a team who are steamrolling the Premiership - Mourinio got his tactics spot on - his players were able to out work us all over the pitch.

They really do have an awsome squad - when you just sit back and look at it, all big, strong, quality players. If they need to mix it up - they have got as good as players as there are in the world for doing it.

to get anyhting out of this game we needed them to play poor (by there standards) and us to be on top of our game. Sadly Chelsea were well and truly up for this.

After going in at 3-0 at half time - I hope our squad can come away with a little pride after a 1-1 second half. With the confidence Chelsea had, I must admit I was afraid of a confidence sapping thrashing by the end of 90 mins - at least that never happened. And hopefully the lads will bounce back at the weekend.

to be honest, beattie was taken off to 'save' him for league games. he has just returned from injury so why play him in a pointless second half where he could get injured.

Faddy played well when he came on, so i personally, think it was good management by Mr Moyes.

i would obviously have liked us to attack more in the second half, but there was no way we would have got back into the game, 3 goals against chelsea just doesn't happen these days

(Of course, this is only my opinion)