IGNORED

Beattie Or Crouch

Totally agree with your comments there mate altho we all know that if Goodison was placed in London then Hibbo, Osman and Beattie would all be playing for England, i for one cannot wait for Sven to pack his bags and p1ss off back to Sweden!!!

Then maybe if you don't play for Chelsea, Manure or the rs you may get a game for your Country!! :angry:

I hate the reds as much as anyone and don't think Crouch is very good but he is lanky and offers something different, whilst I might think Beattie is a better player, Crouch in the Eng team is only gonna come on for the last 15 mins to see if his height can help that is the reason he is there.

I wouldn't have thought a player who plays crap for his club would get chosen for the national team in the first place eh?

Hang on... I'll qualify that... unless of course the national side is so crap they need all the help they can get...

Edited by Droobie

i am 100% aginst crouchinho in the england squad, i dont want to see "something different" from my strikers, i want to see goals, and crouch does not cut the mustard! my RS mates even say "hes a decent player, but not good enough for england"

hes not even liverpools best english striker, id take fowler over him anyday!

The only reason that Crouch is in the England team is becasue has been high profile over the last 12 months - He had a good goal scoring run this time last year, a big money transfer to Liverpool on the back of that goal scoring run, and he sticks out like a sore thumb with is stature.

I am not going to go down that 'he's sh1t' route, becasue he is decent enough and does bring something different to the party. Crouch will definately go to the World Cup.

So the definates are Rooney, Owen and Crouch and up to two others possibley two others.

AJ has missed his chance of going by droping out of the Prem, it has to be between Defoe (who I am not a fan of), and Bent.

I don't think Beattie is in the running, which is a shame becasue I think he also brings something different to the party.

There are going to be two types of team England are going to play - the easy pickings, i.e the teams who England should win against. Which ever striking partnership they play should win.

Then you have the teams who England are going to have to battle againts, your Brazils and top Euro teams. Its in these tight games were Beattie would be a very useful addition.

He holds play up well and forms a first line of defence, and offers a genuine goal scoring threat. Sven should be mindful he has been knocked out of the last two tournements in games in which England lead. When you take the lead against class teams - you need to tighten up a little and beattie would be a ideal man to lead the line on his own and allow Rooney to just drop back a little.

Beattie has done this all well for Everton this season, so know the role well now.

Sven will not take Beattie to the World Cup - but going on previouse exits of major tournements he is possibley missing a trick in my opinion

Guest fozzie22

I cant see how you can say BT offers a genuine scoring threat rob..he's not set the premiership alight has he??..far from it in fact

Its a simple truth that england have 1 world class striker in rooney (2 if owens fit) and nobody else to come in behind them.

My dark horse if theres going to be one (and i dont think there will btw) is Ashton,a lad in form scoring for fun at the moment,ok got no international experience but the same charge could be leveled at BT,crouch et al.

He will take 4 strikers no more..shrek,owen(if fit) crouch and defoe.

And i predict the country will go wild with world cup fever lots of cameras in pubs celebrating goals,till it all goes tits up in the quarter finals,because theres no way we'll win it.

I cant see how you can say BT offers a genuine scoring threat rob..he's not set the premiership alight has he??..far from it in fact

Its a simple truth that england have 1 world class striker in rooney (2 if owens fit) and nobody else to come in behind them.

My dark horse if theres going to be one (and i dont think there will btw) is Ashton,a lad in form scoring for fun at the moment,ok got no international experience but the same charge could be leveled at BT,crouch et al.

And i predict the country will go wild with world cup fever lots of cameras in pubs celebrating goals,till it all goes tits up in the quarter finals,because theres no way we'll win it.

I think fozzie is the only completely realistic one on this forum --- there is absolutely no place to even BEGIN arguing that beattie should have a place in your national side --- his form has not been anywhere near good enough for the past 18 months.............as for england winning the WC, don't think it's impossible but some bookies have you 2nd favourites which is ridiculous.....

well Bt's got what? 9 Goals now this term? hes not far off the best english strikers is he? but we know your biased against him anyway foz.

Ashton scorin for fun? he has 16-17 goals this season? how many in the prem? 3 in 2 months? is that better than BT? sorry, right now Ashton is not good enough for england, maybe BT isnt either

Guest fozzie22
well Bt's got what? 9 Goals now this term? hes not far off the best english strikers is he? but we know your biased against him anyway foz.

Ashton scorin for fun? he has 16-17 goals this season? how many in the prem? 3 in 2 months? is that better than BT? sorry, right now Ashton is not good enough for england, maybe BT isnt either

Maybe im biased against him,but i shot from the hip about any player tbh not just BT the donkey ;)

And i'll say it again..if BT where such a great player as some people would have you beleive he would be plying his trade much further up the food chain than Everton,thats for sure.

As for Ashton,yes i admit i rate him,he's played 5 games for west ham 3 goals..you cant ask for anymore than that

Edited by fozzie22

You are so negative I mean Beattie isn't the greatest player and if you think any striker who is any good should be plying their trade higher up the food chain why don't we just give up now cos no decent striker would come to lowly old Everton according to you. But accept Beattie is pretty good by our standards because by your reckoning we aren't going to get anyone any better. :angry:

Edited by L_Blue

Guest fozzie22
well why pick crouch

goals in prem this season

BT 10

crouch 5

work rate

BT very good

crouch waits for the ball to come him

use your own logic to say that BT is the better player and should go to germany instead of crouch

Logic has nothing to do with it

Crouch plays for a high profile club,BT doesnt..(well not AS high profile)

Crouch is 9 foot tall,so with that fact alone he offers a different aspect to any team..fergie,the closest thing to crouch waits for the ball to come to him,when he's not beating some fucker senseless.

I ahve a view,you call it negative i call it constructive critism,something some people on this board dont seem to know a lot about frankly.

Just because he plays for Everton does not make him a great player,we all have our hobby horses who we turn on even when the team is doing well..mine is BT so in the words of the song..

GET OVER IT.

Look I appreciate this is a free board and I think everyone is entitled to have an opinion but I don't think I have read a positive post by you ever its always doom and gloom. I could understand it when we were getting beaten 4-0 every week but at the moment it's quite enjoyable being an Everton fan.

I hate Everton players in the England team.

Spoils my enjoyment when they lose.

I simply don't care about England unless there is some interest (i.e. Everton players in the team). Someone asked me if I'd rather Everton win the Premiership than England win the World Cup? Truth is I'd rather Everton won on Saturday than England win the World Cup!!

It bugs me in fact that there is this little clique of players like Lampard/Wazza (prick)/Terry/Cole and that other tit who plays for them (can't even say his name) so being the completely bitter bastard I am, I hope England go no further than the group stages.

Gotta agree with the high profile club though, how many caps did Shaun Wright Phillips get whilst playing for City? How many did Crotch get with the Saints/Villa (when he had a better strike rate). Why has Phil Neville suddenly been dropped?

Why is Heskey no longer in contention (ok that is one is cos he is SHITE but the others stand).

Least there's footy on the telly over the summer though.

I cant believe that there is a debate as to who is better - BT or Crouch.

Lets put it this way - if crouch was at ANY other club that deserves his style of play (i.e. Rotherham) - he would not get a game for club or country.

He is only getting a game at the RS because Fowler Aka DOG (Er...I mean GOD apparently!) and Morientes are sooo shite.

Beattie - running around the pitch - very strong, scoring good goals at the moment, making a nuisance of himself....

How can anybody possibly put BT and crouch in the same league let alone performance bracket.

Its a disgrace that crouchinho is even considered for his country, let alone picked for the squad, let alone picked for the starting 11 - especially when BT is not getting a sniff.

Sven - cant wait until he gets the boot!