• Jack Rodwell
    • Phil Neville
    • Dan Gosling
    • Tim Cahill
    • Victor Anichebe

pollresizear5.jpg

rodwell.jpgrodwell2.jpg

arteta3.jpgcahill1.jpg

Current Player of the Year standings....

Jagielka 205

Arteta 134

Baines 99

Cahill 97

Fellaini 94

Osman 80

Howard 60

Neville 56

Saha 43

Lescott 40

Pienaar 39

João Alves de Assis Silva 37

Gosling 21

Castillo 19

Anichebe 15

Hibbert 15

Vaughan 11

Yakubu 10

Baadhi 10

Van der Meyde 10

Yobo 7

Rodwell 6

Baxter 4

Valente 2

MOTM winners....

Blackburn (H)...Mikel Arteta

West Brom (A)...Leon Osman

Portsmouth (H)...Leighton Baines

Stoke City (A)...Tim Cahill

Standard Liege (H)...Segundo Castillo

Hull City (A)...Leon Osman

Blackburn (A)...Louis Saha

Liverpool (H)...Phil Jagielka

Standard Liege (A)...Phil Jagielka

Newcastle (H)...Leighton Baines

Arsenal (A)...Marouane Fellaini

Manchester United (H)...Marouane Fellaini

Bolton (A)...Marouane Fellaini

Fulham (H)...Phil Jagielka

West Ham (A)...Louis Saha

Middlesbrough (H)...Phil Neville

Wigan (A)...Tim Howard

Spurs (A)...Phil Jagielka

Aston Villa (H)...Joleon Lescott

Man City (A)...Tim Cahill

Chelsea (H)...Leon Osman

Middlesbrough (A)...Mikel Arteta

Sunderland (H)...Mikel Arteta

Macclesfield (A)...Leighton Baines

Hull (A)...Mikel Arteta

Liverpool (A-league)...Leighton Baines

Liverpool (A-Cup)...Phil Jagielka

Arsenal (H)...Tim Cahill

Manchester United (A)...Tim Howard

Liverpool (H-Cup replay)...Phil Jagielka

Bolton (H)...João Alves de Assis Silva

Arteta ran the show in the first half.....but my voye goes to Cahill for his running all afternoon, kept the villa midfield busy and stiffled their attempt to support the attack.

Rodwell and Anichebe also were very good.....and Howard stopped it going 2-2....thanks Tim!

Baines is now adding a lot to the team, thought he had a good game aswell.

Guest efctaxi

My vote today is with Arteta .

Very pleased with Anichebe too , who had he scored might have gotten my vote . Our best defender today was Hibbert , despite the penalty , but overall , it was a poor defensive display compared to recent weeks , and Villa might feel they missed some good opportunities to score .

Gosling looked a little over confident today , which I'm sure Moyes will offer advice about , and Rodwell was steady so well done to him .

Nice save Tim , and unlucky with the pen .

I voted for Rodwell, he was solid. Arteta was a close second but I also thought Jags was immense.

Anichebe just does not cut it for me... you could see he was busting a gut to work so hard but hes just naff! I must say hes very strong but hes slow, his first touch is poor and he holds the ball for too long and HE FALLS OVER TOO MUCH!!

For a 17 year old Jack Rodwell was immense today. He took his goal well and kept his composure when Villa players niggled. Mikel was his normal awesome self but the lad nicked it for me.

As for Vic, possibly the kick up the arse has worked but he still seems to lack durability for me, one burst and he's knackered. Hopefully he will work on his conditioning for the rest of the season because he can play. I thought Tim was too narky today, it gets him silly bookings, on the plus side he can have a rest next weekend

Thought Rodwell looked the business today! Composed, and turned a few of the Villa players inside out, when lesser mortals would've just lumped it clear.

Arteta.... What can I say really. Pulled the strings and was evident in every thing that was good about us today.

Special mention for Big Vic. He takes a lot of flak, but I like the kid. Made up that he looks to be back in the fold and put a right old shift in today! So he gets my vote.

Was a 3 way race for MOTM, Rodwell was awesome, Cahill played non stop and caused all kind of trouble and Arteta was back to his best. If Arteta ever gets played on the wing again Moyes should be sacked :P

I went for Rodwell in the end, amazing talent for 17. When he lost possession in the 2nd half, he chased back and put in a great tackle to win the ball back! Let's hope none of the "big boys" come in for him...

I thought we played well again as a team, this is something we haven't seen in the past few years. Lots of individuals but now we are gelling well as a team. The defence was quite commanding although Villa had 2 decent chances but against any Premiership team that is going to happen, what it shows to me though is the determination to put things right. The midfield passed it well and we saw some great movement whilst the forwards hussled and tormented the Villa defence throughout the game. Man of the Match for me goes to Arteta, was immense going forward, tackling back and won a fair few headed duals, just beats Rodwell for me.

I thought we played well again as a team, this is something we haven't seen in the past few years. Lots of individuals but now we are gelling well as a team. The defence was quite commanding although Villa had 2 decent chances but against any Premiership team that is going to happen, what it shows to me though is the determination to put things right. The midfield passed it well and we saw some great movement whilst the forwards hussled and tormented the Villa defence throughout the game. Man of the Match for me goes to Arteta, was immense going forward, tackling back and won a fair few headed duals, just beats Rodwell for me.

Isn't that EXACTLY what we've been known for over the past few years?

Romey I was making the point that we actually played the ball around the pitch as a team not just getting stuck in and fighting for everything as a team. We can do that as well as anyone but we need that blend of skilful football as well which is coming to the surface at the moment.

:speak_cool:

I'm with you now mate, and you're absolutely right.