IGNORED

Rodwell

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm resigned to this happening. We don't seem capable of fighting off other clubs.

Too right. It's a disgrace :angry: . These are the players who have left Goodison under Moyes/Kenwright. I've marked in bold red all of those who left after we failed to fight off the other club (and who didn't ask to go)...

Thomas Kearney

Paul Gascoigne

David Ginola

Alec Cleland

Jesper Blomqvist

David Eaton

Ryan Valentine

Andrew Pettinger

Idan Tal

Keith Southern

Joe-Max Moore

Li Wei Feng

Espen Baardsen

Brian McBride

Ibrahim Saeed

Juliano Rodrigo

Robert Southern

Franklyn Colbeck

David Carney

Martin Crowder

Steven Beck

George Pilkington

Kevin McLeod

Mark Pembridge

Niclas Alexandersson

Sean O'Hanlon

Scott Brown

Patrizzio Pascucci

Joey Jones

Francis Jeffers

Steven Schumacher

Michael Symes

Scott Gemmill

Steve Simonsen

Paul Gerrard

Brian Moogan

Craig Garside

David Unsworth

Tomasz Radzinski

Tobias Linderoth

Eddy Bosnar

Wayne Rooney

Peter Clark

Kevin Campbell

Thomas Gravesen

Nick Chadwick

Daniel Fox

Anthony Gerrard

Guillaume Plessis

Alan Stubbs

Alessandro Pistone

Steve Watson

Per Krøldrup

Marcus Bent

Paul Hopkins

Christian Seargeant

Steve Wynne

Laurence Wilson

James Harris

Sean Wright

Duncan Ferguson

Li Tie

Kevin Kilbane

David Weir

Simon Davies

Mark Hughes

Richard Wright

Alessandro Pistone (again)

Gary Naysmith

James Beattie

James McFadden

Anderson da Silva

Alan Stubbs (again)

Andrew Gardner

Stefan Wessels

Bjarni Vidarsson

Patrick Boyle

Lee Carsley

Andrew Johnson

Scott Spencer

Nuno Valente

Andy van der Meyde

Segundo Castillo

Lars Jacobsen

Joleon Lescott

Too right. It's a disgrace :angry: . These are the players who have left Goodison under Moyes/Kenwright. I've marked in bold red all of those who left after we failed to fight off the other club (and who didn't ask to go)...

Thomas Kearney

Paul Gascoigne

David Ginola

Alec Cleland

Jesper Blomqvist

David Eaton

Ryan Valentine

Andrew Pettinger

Idan Tal

Keith Southern

Joe-Max Moore

Li Wei Feng

Espen Baardsen

Brian McBride

Ibrahim Saeed

Juliano Rodrigo

Robert Southern

Franklyn Colbeck

David Carney

Martin Crowder

Steven Beck

George Pilkington

Kevin McLeod

Mark Pembridge

Niclas Alexandersson

Sean O'Hanlon

Scott Brown

Patrizzio Pascucci

Joey Jones

Francis Jeffers

Steven Schumacher

Michael Symes

Scott Gemmill

Steve Simonsen

Paul Gerrard

Brian Moogan

Craig Garside

David Unsworth

Tomasz Radzinski

Tobias Linderoth

Eddy Bosnar

Wayne Rooney

Peter Clark

Kevin Campbell

Thomas Gravesen

Nick Chadwick

Daniel Fox

Anthony Gerrard

Guillaume Plessis

Alan Stubbs

Alessandro Pistone

Steve Watson

Per Krøldrup

Marcus Bent

Paul Hopkins

Christian Seargeant

Steve Wynne

Laurence Wilson

James Harris

Sean Wright

Duncan Ferguson

Li Tie

Kevin Kilbane

David Weir

Simon Davies

Mark Hughes

Richard Wright

Alessandro Pistone (again)

Gary Naysmith

James Beattie

James McFadden

Anderson da Silva

Alan Stubbs (again)

Andrew Gardner

Stefan Wessels

Bjarni Vidarsson

Patrick Boyle

Lee Carsley

Andrew Johnson

Scott Spencer

Nuno Valente

Andy van der Meyde

Segundo Castillo

Lars Jacobsen

Joleon Lescott

Them asking to go is the same as us fighting off another club.

Lescott for example. If we increased his salary he might have stayed. Bad example, I wanted the git to go in the end but you get my point.

And since when did Ferguson WANT to go to Newcastle?

That just reports the NOTW invention.

£20m is derisory anyway.

If you think thats derisory read this.....

Jack of all trades fits Fergie bill.

Steve Bates

Manchester United are targeting Everton and England Under-21 star Jack Rodwell.

United scouts have kept a close eye on Rodwell, and boss Sir Alex Ferguson has received glowing reports about the versatile 18-year old.

With FIFA keen to pursue the '6+5 rule' - at the start of each league match, clubs must field at least six players eligible to represent the national team of the country in which the league is based - Fergie wants to maintain a core of English players at Old Trafford.

Sensing Rodwell's huge potential, Everton moved quickly to upgrade his contract and the teenager recently signed a five-year deal.

That will not deter Ferguson - just as it didn't put him off clinching a £27million deal to capture Wayne Rooney from Goodison five years ago.

And with cash-strapped Everton still vulnerable to attractive offers for their stars, the Southport-born youngster has emerged as a serious United target.

But Goodison boss David Moyes is determined to keep Rodwell, whose ability to play an attacking or defensive midfield role, in addition to operating as an emergency centre-back, puts his value to Everton at £9m.

Rodwell made his debut for Everton's reserve team at the age of 15 and on his senior debut became the youngest player to represent the club in Europe when he came on as a substitute against AZ Alkmaar at 16 years and 284 days.

He has continued to make rapid progress and in March was called up to the England U21 squad.

Moyes thinks he's only worth £9 million. :o:angry:

Steve Bates thinks Moyes thinks Rodwell's worth £9m....which is a bit different.

Steve Bates (whoever he is) has plainly only recently emerged from the primordial soup in terms of football knowledge.

More fantasy.

This reads a bit different Mike, he does,nt think it he says it .....

But Goodison boss David Moyes is determined to keep Rodwell, whose ability to play an attacking or defensive midfield role, in addition to operating as an emergency centre-back, puts his value to Everton at £9m.

This one really is gathering pace, back of the M.E.N says fergie is preparing a 20 mill bid in January, but chelsea and city will rival this bid.

I may be being stupid here but where does it say Moyes values Rodwell at 9 mill? I would like to see a quote from moyes first to believe that. I am with Mike, it is Bates who thinks moyes values rodders at 9 mill.

This one really is gathering pace, back of the M.E.N says fergie is preparing a 20 mill bid in January, but chelsea and city will rival this bid.

I may be being stupid here but where does it say Moyes values Rodwell at 9 mill? I would like to see a quote from moyes first to believe that. I am with Mike, it is Bates who thinks moyes values rodders at 9 mill.

Quite simply it doesnt!

Im with you and Mike on this one the £9M is just a random figure plucked out of the air by the same lazy journalist who started the rumour

Dont get me wrong I do beleive that City, Utd and Chelski are all sniffing around but I dont beleive for one second that any of them think they can get him for £9M or that Everton would entertain such a derisory offer

You are not looking close enough.

Ignore what is in between cos that could have been anything ..........

But Goodison boss David Moyes, who has red hair and wears a black suit, puts his value to Everton at £9m.

He doesnt say I think David Moyes puts his value, or i assume David Moyes puts his value, or its rumoured David Moyes puts his value ......

Now if you cant see that i suggest you go for an immediate eye test.

If that is untrue then i expect Moyes will have him in court like he did Rooney, for saying things about him that are lies. Its a bit different when things go down in print.

No-one is arguing that Bates is reporting that Moyes values him at £9m Bill.

We're just suggesting that, what with him being a journalist and all, it may not actually be true. Hate to disillusion you but, in case you've not noticed, journos make things up from time to time :( .

No-one is arguing that Bates is reporting that Moyes values him at £9m Bill.

We're just suggesting that, what with him being a journalist and all, it may not actually be true. Hate to disillusion you but, in case you've not noticed, journos make things up from time to time :( .

I know what your saying Mike and even i believe he is worth twice as much, but journo's can end up in court for "making up" untruths or lies about a person.

Personaly, i'd like us to get tough on transfer fee's (like the lescott sum) and if they aren't willing to pay, then FCUK off!

i'd say, based on potential, skill, age, two-footedness, character, marketing capabilities, future England captain material....i'd say £30m plus add ons or £20 + 3/4 fringe players.

It wont happen, but if they want him that bad, then why shouldnt we expect those figures? as someone has mentioned, he's the type of player a team is built around; ala Gerrard, Lampard...

Personaly, i'd like us to get tough on transfer fee's (like the lescott sum) and if they aren't willing to pay, then FCUK off!

i'd say, based on potential, skill, age, two-footedness, character, marketing capabilities, future England captain material....i'd say £30m plus add ons or £20 + 3/4 fringe players.

It wont happen, but if they want him that bad, then why shouldnt we expect those figures? as someone has mentioned, he's the type of player a team is built around; ala Gerrard, Lampard...

Its difficult to say with him being so young but I think perhaps he's missing a bit of nastiness to be truly complete.

That will come with age though hopefully. Fabregas is now a nasty little bugger now for example.

We'll see. I think he'll be a diamond. Unfortunately just not at Everton. :(

You are not looking close enough.

Ignore what is in between cos that could have been anything ..........

But Goodison boss David Moyes, who has red hair and wears a black suit, puts his value to Everton at £9m.

He doesnt say I think David Moyes puts his value, or i assume David Moyes puts his value, or its rumoured David Moyes puts his value ......

Now if you cant see that i suggest you go for an immediate eye test.

If that is untrue then i expect Moyes will have him in court like he did Rooney, for saying things about him that are lies. Its a bit different when things go down in print.

Sorry mate you're wrong. Look at how the sentence is put together - "Moyes is determined to keep Rodwell," one clause, stating Moyes's thoughts, which is pretty bleeding obvious. Then, entirely new clause, "whose ability... puts his value at £9m." Moyes isn't doing the 'putting', it's 'Rodwell's ability' - in other words, pure conjecture on the part of the journo.

I'm a former journo myself, i know how this stuff works

Edited by nogs

I don't think Rodwell's the type to leave - he's playing regular Prem and European football, he's come through the ranks and he can see former academy players around him who have become established prem players under Moyes. Rooney had his head turned by a w**ker of an agent who saw a quick buck and filled his head with tales of trophies and superstardom, Rodwell is still looked after by his dad and is hopefully bright enough to realise he can become a superstar at Everton FC.

Apart from that, I don't think he's quite in the Gerrard/Fabregas/Rooney bracket - they were match winners at 18, he's solid, one who's gonna get better the more he plays. He'd rot in the reserved at Chelsea, they never bring kids on, he'd probably do the same at City with all their stars. Fergie would probably do a great job with him, but he wouldnt be playing much first team football for a couple of years, so why bother?

I resent all the talk that we're 'vulnerable' to offers and desperate for a quick buck - Lescott wanted to go, and let's face it, we fleeced City for him, he's been dreadful for them. The only way Rodwell will go is if he wants to, and like I started off saying, i just don't think he will.

Sorry mate you're wrong. Look at how the sentence is put together - "Moyes is determined to keep Rodwell," one clause, stating Moyes's thoughts, which is pretty bleeding obvious. Then, entirely new clause, "whose ability... puts his value at £9m." Moyes isn't doing the 'putting', it's 'Rodwell's ability' - in other words, pure conjecture on the part of the journo.

I'm a former journo myself, i know how this stuff works

Yeah right mate :rolleyes:. you working out a reply like that reminds me of the clues in a TV Show called Dusty Bin. :lol: :lol: Maybe your not old enough to remember that.

...reminds me of the clues in a TV Show called Dusty Bin. :lol: :lol: Maybe your not old enough to remember that.

I am. What a load of shite that was :angry: .

Real example....

Clue: A wishbone with the "riddle," "Take one that never changes, add a pub and a precious stone, bring them all up-to-date, and now you're on your own"

Answer "'Take one that never changes', well that could be Dusty Bin which of course is where you might throw a wishbone. 'Add a pub and a precious stone', well that doesn't point to Dusty. 'Bring them all up-to-date, and now you're on your own'. Well what about the wishbone? Sonny said 'a large wishbone', so what might a large wishbone come from? Something larger than a chicken. Turkey maybe? Now 'one that never changes' is a constant, a pub can also be an inn, there's a lot of precious stones but how many go with 'constant inn'? How about opal? Yes, Constantinople, up-to-date, the pride of Turkey, you've rejected the 3-2-1 holiday!"

Bet Jack would have got the asnwer though (seamlessly back onto topic :P ).

If J.R Ewing came offering you good money for your back garden - you wouldn't sell - you know that he will strike oil and the subtsantial money he gave you would appear to be pennies. That's how I feel about selling our potential talent. They know he's gonna be a star. £20m, £30m, £40m could appear to be small change for this lad one day, the only way you would sell is if he was destined to be a similar player to Phil Neville - he's already better...

A few simple facts about Rodwell.

Sure he's like Rooney, an Everton youth player, turned down by liverpool, chased by Man Utd and probably a few others.

If we'd kept Rooney, we would have had a brilliant player amongst some pretty average ones, we were then as we are now not exactly bursting with money to add more better players to his talent.Maybe Rooneys form could have got us up and away from our regular relegation spot and into mid-table or above, wow even as high as say 6th!!

But Rooney wanted to leave, with a little help from his agent and the press....and off he went to a better team and started winning trophies and earnning mega bucks, who could blame him?

What of Everton, they spent the money and became a better TEAM, came 4th and have been up and around there ever since, just about.In the end we HAD to sell him, he WANTED to go and if he'd stayed how do you think he would have played for us!

Rodwell, he hasn't asked to go!.....the press are the lowest of the low, with their lies and false stories.If it turns Jacks head and makes him want to leave, then what should Everton do! make him play out his contract, he's got about another 4 years hasn't he? will he play for us....with his heart?, then have him walk away on a free!

Or do they ( if he WANTS to leave ) cash in with a massive fee.....(after all the press say he's the best around)....say around £25-30million range up front, WITH add ons to come.Get top dollar and try and improve the team just as they did with Rooneys sale.

You can't stop the press writing shit.....you can't stop Rodwell wanting more money, his career could be wrecked after a couple of seasons.Maybe Moyes could offer him a fantastic new contract, say add on another 3 years and double his money, that might test

him a bit, might unsettle other players, is it worth the risk of doing that?

Plenty of players wanting to leave liverpool, man City might even lose one of their best, then there's ronaldo, he wanted to leave Man utd.....don't go on about them not having to sell! because they sure as hell don't want to lose their best players.

Man Utd might not win the prem this year, probably because Ronaldo left!...could they keep him at United obviously not.....Alonso wanted to leave liverpool, are they as good without him?.....they can both afford to pay big wages, but they couldn't keep them.

SO WHY OH WHY, do some think Everton are such a shit club, Moyes a shit manager, Kenwright a shit chairman.....just because a youth player, Rooney or Rodwell WANTS to leave?

I think if it weren't for injuries this season we wouldn't have been a worse team without Lescott, if there is another reason OTHER than injuries, then I'd say look at the form of maybe Cahill more than the absence of Lescott.

Ronaldo, Alonso, Lescott, Rooney......it's all down to what the player wants to do.

Rodwells an Everton player, maybe he will hear people like Arteta talking and not his agent, I hope he stays at Everton, earns enough money to make him happy, be part of an exciting Everton team and wins a few trophies......BUT THAT'S WHAT I WANT.....What does Jack want?