IGNORED

Rodwell

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/everton-fc/everton-fc-news//tm_headline=everton-fc-starlet-jack-rodwell-is-ready-to-sign-new-deal%26method=full%26objectid=26497419%26siteid=100252-name_page.html

It's good that he'll be staying but it's effectively a one year extension for more than likely vastly increased wages. I hope next season he shows he was deserving of that increase :).

Great stuff, and hopefully they'll be plenty more news like this to follow. I think it is testament to Moyes' belief in this squad that he has moved to offer so many improved contracts so quickly, i think he knows that, injuries permitting, he's got a side that can really go places next season.

As for Rodders, look forward to him playing an even bigger role next season, definitely a superstar in the making, here's hoping his next five years are littered with trophies and honours at Everton!

Amazed this has been on the offical site for 6 hours and hasn't yet made it up here! I guess everyone must be on holiday.

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/archive/2010/05/24/rodwell-signs-five-year-deal

Jack Rodwell has agreed a new long-term contract with Everton.

David Moyes had previously revealed that the England Under-21 international midfielder was close to agreeing a revised deal and the formalities have now been completed.

Rodwell, who only turned 19 in March, established himself as a first-team regular last season, making 36 appearances for the Blues.

Blues boss Moyes said: “I’m very pleased that Jack Rodwell has signed an improved contract because it re-affirms Everton’s ambition to challenge the top clubs.

“I want to keep all the players we have here to make us stronger in the coming season.”

As well as producing consistently impressive performances, Rodwell also demonstrated an eye for goal last season with a brace against Sigma Olomouc in the Europa League play-offs and a memorable strike in the 3-1 defeat of Manchester United at Goodison Park.

Speculation in the media had linked Rodwell, who made his full Everton debut in December 2007 at the age of just 16 years and 284 days, with a move away with from the Club, with Old Trafford a popularly-touted destination.

However, Rodwell has now committed himself to his boyhood club by inking a deal which will keep him at Goodison Park until 2015.

He becomes becomes the third Everton player to put pen to paper this month, following Tim Cahill and Seamus Coleman in agreeing new terms.

Fantastic news, while I wouldn't say he's got a set place in the side yet and with everyone fit he wouldn't be in the starting 11, I think we'd be foolish to let him go, he'll get plenty of games next season and as he gets more experienced will hopefully with the aid of Moyes and the squad around him will find his position and keep improving.

Now we just want Arteta to sign a new contract and maybe but unlikely Piennar sign up.

• 2 months later...

What a crock of shit....headline...

Jack Rodwell 'may be tempted by Chelsea transfer' as Everton hold firm

Where do the "quotes" come from? Nowhere.

And then they come to the conclusion that, "...he is expected to reject the option of joining the London club even if Everton are made an offer they cannot refuse, which is expected to be anything over £20million."

How can we refuse an offer we can't refuse :mellow: ?

http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/football/838417-jack-rodwell-may-be-tempted-by-chelsea-transfer-as-everton-hold-firm

Think that's the single worst piece of "journalism" I've seen in a long time.