Sign in to follow this  
Tricky Trev

Is Anybody Else Losing The Will To Live?

Is it just me or due to our lack of transfer activity can anybody be bothered? I know loads of clubs havn't spent any dough but i really think we arn't gonna spend big and its killing me that i just feel apathetic over the whole transfer window. :(

Im quite worried that we may not add anymore quality to our starting lineup but its down to two obvious things over inflated prices for playes and the club not having a large amount of funds, I dont blame Kenwright and co as such im just frustrated more then anything that we will be left trailing behind if we dont pump a decent amount of transfer money into our squad or have a huge amount of luck and stumble across some cheap buys that turn out to be gems.

We still have time but it would be nice to see new faces earlier as possible and give them more time to settle in but if we dont sign anyone after the coming weekend i will be very worried that we will have a much tougher task of it this season then we have in the past few.

My desperation deadline is this weekend as of yet im frustrated but come the weekend its rant time :P

Im quite worried that we may not add anymore quality to our starting lineup but its down to two obvious things over inflated prices for playes and the club not having a large amount of funds, I dont blame Kenwright and co as such im just frustrated more then anything that we will be left trailing behind if we dont pump a decent amount of transfer money into our squad or have a huge amount of luck and stumble across some cheap buys that turn out to be gems.

We still have time but it would be nice to see new faces earlier as possible and give them more time to settle in but if we dont sign anyone after the coming weekend i will be very worried that we will have a much tougher task of it this season then we have in the past few.

My desperation deadline is this weekend as of yet im frustrated but come the weekend its rant time :P

100% agree

moyes is in america this weekend, so i wouldn't expect any signings this weekend.

We can still bring players in mate regardless of where he is.

I'm not too worried at all at the moment. There is still time and many teams around us are yet to add to there squads. With the current financial climate teams are going to be alot more careful with there money, plus selling clubs are going to try and get as much as is humanly possible from there players.

There is still time. We have not lost any key names and already have a strong team. We still have the time to add to this, so just be patient.

100% agree I come back to a point I have made a few times before and steve rounds commens back up my frustartion. the point is if we are a well run club/company we shoul have a good idea well before the end of the season of what finances are available for transfers. Moyes being the methodical planner I hope he is should know coming towards the end of the season where we are lacking and hence where needs to be improved. With those two things in mind he should have identified 2/3 potential targets for each problem position and then should be sounding out the club managers about what their potential price would be. This would then allow him to decide what bids to make with a good idea of whether they would be expected or not. Based on the fiasco of naughton/mbia etc ( didn't want either of these players) it seems none of this is actually happening if I am right about that it really worries about the state of the finances and management of the club.

I'm not too worried at all at the moment. There is still time and many teams around us are yet to add to there squads. With the current financial climate teams are going to be alot more careful with there money, plus selling clubs are going to try and get as much as is humanly possible from there players.

There is still time. We have not lost any key names and already have a strong team. We still have the time to add to this, so just be patient.

can you tell me which teams around us have not bought yet I can think of only spurs have not made a signifcant signing and to be fair they bought in 2 new stikers in Jan.

I think there has been a shift in the direction which our transfer policy goes this year, largely due to our lack of funds, but also, we have our first 11-14 pretty much sorted - Howard, Lescott, Baines, Yobo/Jags, Hibbert, Fellaini, Cahill, Neville, Pienaar, Osman/Arteta, Jo/Yakubu - so I think its a case now of getting young players, with a year or two experience to groom in the shadows of the aforementioned players. They don't have huge wage demands, can deal with regular bench appearances, and are useful for those lesser pre/post europe matches when resting others. Players like peterlin/naughton/walker will add to the Goslings, Rodwells and Vaughns already at the club. There is only one position really needing a top price player - Right Back - but sadly, I think Moyse still sees Hibbert as the number one RB.....im not too worried about the lack of activity.....yet!!

can you tell me which teams around us have not bought yet I can think of only spurs have not made a signifcant signing and to be fair they bought in 2 new stikers in Jan.

Teams around us at the end of last season:-

Arsenal- Lost key striker and onl;y signed one defender, also lost key midfielder to injury

Villa- Signed Downing but lost Barry and Laursen, plus they have Young who is better in Downing's position, plus Downing is out for the forseeable future.

West Ham- One loan signing, but are down in numbrs becasue of the release if a number of other loan signings.

Spurs- None

Fulham- Only Stephen Taylor.

City- Gone money crazy.

Besides the youth squad, I believe we are just on par with Arsenal going into next season. (I rate Pienaar higher than Nasri and Rosicky anyway.)

So considering they are our first opponents, we should be improving the squad now and better them for this short term. If anyone is going to leave the top 4 I think it will be them. So we have to hold off the weight of City, Spurs and Villa and Fulham if 4th is going to be an option.

Teams around us at the end of last season:-

Arsenal- Lost key striker and onl;y signed one defender, also lost key midfielder to injury

Villa- Signed Downing but lost Barry and Laursen, plus they have Young who is better in Downing's position, plus Downing is out for the forseeable future.

West Ham- One loan signing, but are down in numbrs becasue of the release if a number of other loan signings.

Spurs- None

Fulham- Only Stephen Taylor.

City- Gone money crazy.

Don't! I want us to sign him! Stephen Kelly - I don't want us to sign him!!! They've also signed risse's bro today!

Has anyone been on other clubs forums? Are they panicking like us? Chill boys and girls, it'll all come good in the end!

Don't I want us to sign him! Stephen Kelly - I don't want us to sign him!!! They've also signed risse's bro today!

Has anyone been on other clubs forums? Are they panicking like us? Chill boys and girls, it'll all come good in the end!

Fans i've spoken with seem to be a little panicy, mainly becasue of City going mental. But i'm not too sure about on other forums.

The whole transfer window saga is extremely frustrating but I think maybe its time that we accepted that we are no longer a big club. We are a mid table side that has been punching above its weight for the past couple of seasons

It is obvious that we cant compete with the top four but its also increasingly clear that we can not compete financially with the likes of Spurs, Villa, Man City, Wigan, Sunderland, Portsmouth and West Ham

Our failings in the transfer market are well documented but sadly inevitable until such time that we can find that ellusive billionaire.

Lescott must be able to see that and so you could not fault him if he decides to go to City , not only could he triple his wages he would also be joining a side that is clearly on the way up. He must be wondering if Everton have gone as far as they can, I know I am.

I also dont blame Spurs/Harry Redknapp for the Naughton farce he is only doing what is best for his club. I would be over the moon if the roles were reversed and Moysie was swooping in at the last minute to gazump any other club

If we dont make at least 4 new signings I will be hoping we have a repeat of last seasons start ie getting dumped out of the Carling Cup & Europa League at the first hurdle because we simply wouldnt be able to cope with the size of the squad we have

why aren't the board getting Mr Earl more involved....or get his hollywood a-lister friends investing. Imagine a consortium made up of Sly Stallone, Arnie, Tom Cruise, and Steven Spielberg.....They could even help get BK back into acting.....???

I want us to make signings as much as anyone but the reality is hardly any clubs have done significant transfer business except for City. Liverpool have signed a RB but are rumoured to be losing one or two of their best midfielders, Arsenal have lost a couple of players and only signed one (I think) Utd have made a couple of low key signings and sold their best player by a mile. Chelsea have done nothing, Aston Villa have weakened their team etc etc. We had loads of injuries last season and have good young players coming through, we just NEED a RB and RW, anything else is a bonus.

Tenaciois said...............

So...

Moyes Shopping List

Berg

Naughton

M'bia

Cana

Elia

Jo

Doing well.

Not doing too well are we. :(

I honestly belive with BK comming out again at the beginning of the window and saying that we need investment and DM saying looking at loan and free signings its there way or saying we wont be making any big signings.

My concerns are clubs around us will spend as most have more money than us and although we dont know the reason why Naughton choose Spurs over us all the reports going around are they offered more money and when it comes down to it if its a battle with us and another club in the top half of the table for a player then they will most prob offer more money to get them.

Its all very well Dm saying he looking for fringe players with frees and loans to beef out the team for the extra game but for that to work they have to be as good as already have or might as well just bring in the youth players.

I beleive this summer could be a very frustrating summer for us however the thing that really worries me is if I read it right that BK said they he has not rejected any bids for investment which beggers the ? how come we not had any when the likes of Portsmouth and Notts County to name a few have.

Zed    1

Its a bit same old same old isn't, this happens every year and when I'm on my hols at the end of August each year I'm desparately checking the interweb to see who weve signed (or not)

Still early days by everyones standards. the fact that not many other teams have been too busy is a good indication of the circumstances if nothing else

I want us to make signings as much as anyone but the reality is hardly any clubs have done significant transfer business except for City. Liverpool have signed a RB but are rumoured to be losing one or two of their best midfielders, Arsenal have lost a couple of players and only signed one (I think) Utd have made a couple of low key signings and sold their best player by a mile. Chelsea have done nothing, Aston Villa have weakened their team etc etc. We had loads of injuries last season and have good young players coming through, we just NEED a RB and RW, anything else is a bonus.

Thats not really true. The Shite have signed Englands RB for £18M, if they do lose Alonso?Masherano they already have world class replacements lined up

Arsenal have only "lost" Adebeyor and are way out of our league anyway

Chelsea have signed one of the best left sided players in the world in Zirkov

Fulham have signed Steven Kelly (crap I know) but have also had a £12M bid accepted for Crouch sohave money to spend

Spurs have signed Naughton & Walker are also after Crouch add that to the money they spent in January

Sunderland have bought Campbell & Paulo da Silva and have had a £12M bid accepted for Crouch

Wigan have signed 4 players

West Ham have got Jiminez and Nouble

Villa have signed Downing and will no doubt splash more cash

United are weaker than last season but still in a different class to us

Tenaciois said...............

So...

Moyes Shopping List

Berg

Naughton

M'bia

Cana

Elia

Jo

Doing well.

Not doing too well are we. :(

I know, i didn't realise i was putting up the list of all the targets we've missed out on lol i was actually optimistic for 3 (Naughton, berg and Jo) but i think Jo is going to be the only one we will sign. Its a bit gutting isnt it. I agree with Duncan, i think we've gotta look at ourselves honestly next season and see that we're just not who we think we are. Plus...(i know iits been mentioned before) how boring are the ST's haha, i wanted a nice Dixie pic like last season, or 'He's got red hair, Davey' lol

The whole transfer window saga is extremely frustrating but I think maybe its time that we accepted that we are no longer a big club. We are a mid table side that has been punching above its weight for the past couple of seasons

It is obvious that we cant compete with the top four but its also increasingly clear that we can not compete financially with the likes of Spurs, Villa, Man City, Wigan, Sunderland, Portsmouth and West Ham

Our failings in the transfer market are well documented but sadly inevitable until such time that we can find that ellusive billionaire.

Lescott must be able to see that and so you could not fault him if he decides to go to City , not only could he triple his wages he would also be joining a side that is clearly on the way up. He must be wondering if Everton have gone as far as they can, I know I am.

I also dont blame Spurs/Harry Redknapp for the Naughton farce he is only doing what is best for his club. I would be over the moon if the roles were reversed and Moysie was swooping in at the last minute to gazump any other club

If we dont make at least 4 new signings I will be hoping we have a repeat of last seasons start ie getting dumped out of the Carling Cup & Europa League at the first hurdle because we simply wouldnt be able to cope with the size of the squad we have

Great post and agree with your 100%.

We have had a good couple of seasons without really spending much money compared to other clubs but have to beleive at some point it wont go our way. We was lucky last season in that the injuries where to our strikers and although didnt have many strikers to call on if it had been to 3 of our defeneders then we might have had a different season completey.

It's going to be the same as last year, a f??@ing let down. Cana will go to the shite if they sell alonso and Delph will go to villa. To attract players we need to have the money to pay the wages. DM is doing a fantastic job, in terms of money available he's doing better than the teams above us, he looks for young talent and won't spend cash willy nilly, but i sometimes think he has to. Another half a mill could have got us Naughton. From some where a ultra rich guy has got to come along and invest cash, otherwise we'll keep slipping down the league more and more as more billionaires buy the rest of the clubs.

What I can't understand is why would someone buy pompey and nots us, baffles me that one. If we keep selling our best then we are nothing but a west ham, and i personally don't want that. Everton Football Club is one of the most famous, well supported and decent club in the world and it's about time someone put us back where we belong.

Rant over.

why aren't the board getting Mr Earl more involved....or get his hollywood a-lister friends investing. Imagine a consortium made up of Sly Stallone, Arnie, Tom Cruise, and Steven Spielberg.....They could even help get BK back into acting.....???

Having Arnie and Sly on the board would be awesome.

there was a guy on citytalk before, made a lot of sense.

lescott is probably looking at city moving forward and getting interested, arteta has been asking for players to come in, how long until the players feel like us and want to get off, and worse, how long until moyes does?

i've not lost the will to live, but looking at this http://www.evertonfc.com/match/everton-squad.html gets me close

there was a guy on citytalk before, made a lot of sense.

lescott is probably looking at city moving forward and getting interested, arteta has been asking for players to come in, how long until the players feel like us and want to get off, and worse, how long until moyes does?

i've not lost the will to live, but looking at this http://www.evertonfc.com/match/everton-squad.html gets me close

Me too

Thats not really true. The Shite have signed Englands RB for £18M, if they do lose Alonso?Masherano they already have world class replacements lined up

Arsenal have only "lost" Adebeyor and are way out of our league anyway

Chelsea have signed one of the best left sided players in the world in Zirkov

Fulham have signed Steven Kelly (crap I know) but have also had a £12M bid accepted for Crouch sohave money to spend

Spurs have signed Naughton & Walker are also after Crouch add that to the money they spent in January

Sunderland have bought Campbell & Paulo da Silva and have had a £12M bid accepted for Crouch

Wigan have signed 4 players

West Ham have got Jiminez and Nouble

Villa have signed Downing and will no doubt splash more cash

United are weaker than last season but still in a different class to us

You don't know what Liverpool have lined up, their transfer window has been very worrying, two of their best players are constantly being linked with other teams, they're in loads of debt etc. Villa have sold Barry and bought Downing, basically they're weaker. West Ham are irrelevant imo, Fulham are nowhere near our level and have bought one average player, they may have had a bid accepted for Crouch but we had a bid accepted for Naughton, it doesn't mean anything unless he signs for them. Wigan have lost their best two players during the last few months, Valencia and Palacious and signed a load of nobodies. Arsenal have an injury to Nasri and now they've lost their one good and reliable striker - Van Persie has a lot to prove and is always injured. Sunderland are useless and Spurs have signed a couple of right backs for the future when they already have loads of full backs. The only worry so far is City. Everton do need to sign an RB and a RW but it's not all doom and gloom. When you actually look through our squad it's not too bad, especially once players are back from injury. The only area we are truly weak in is RW where Osman needs to be replaced and we need a good attacking RB. We're still better than everyone except the top 4 and possibly City depending on who they sign.

You don't know what Liverpool have lined up, their transfer window has been very worrying, two of their best players are constantly being linked with other teams, they're in loads of debt etc. Villa have sold Barry and bought Downing, basically they're weaker. West Ham are irrelevant imo, Fulham are nowhere near our level and have bought one average player, they may have had a bid accepted for Crouch but we had a bid accepted for Naughton, it doesn't mean anything unless he signs for them. Wigan have lost their best two players during the last few months, Valencia and Palacious and signed a load of nobodies. Arsenal have an injury to Nasri and now they've lost their one good and reliable striker - Van Persie has a lot to prove and is always injured. Sunderland are useless and Spurs have signed a couple of right backs for the future when they already have loads of full backs. The only worry so far is City. Everton do need to sign an RB and a RW but it's not all doom and gloom. When you actually look through our squad it's not too bad, especially once players are back from injury. The only area we are truly weak in is RW where Osman needs to be replaced and we need a good attacking RB. We're still better than everyone except the top 4 and possibly City depending on who they sign.

Ha ha try telling that to an Arsenal fan!

Have you actually looked at our squad? There is no way it is anywhere near big enough or good enough to play in 4 competitions I honestly hope we get dumped out of the Europa League and Carling Cup at the earliest opportunity or we could be in serious trouble come the end of the season

lol just in case you need a reminder of how wafer thin our squad is http://www.evertonfc.com/match/everton-squad.html

Dunc, i agree with you our squad is waffer thin, and to think our best player from each position is out for the beggining of the season also adds salt to the wound. Its gonna be a long summer boys!

looking at our squad, thats the best choice of forwards we've had for quite some time!

but five senior defenders (not including neville) one of which is injured, leaves us massively massively short, with no room for rest or injury.

we really only have six senior midfielders (jack and gosling are still learning their trade).

i am very very worried.

moyes was talking up jack at the end of the season, is he going to be "like a new signing" this year?

im worried at the lack of quality defenders we're being linked with while we look like losing lescott.

starting the season with the squad we have now is not an option, take lescott away and we are bang in trouble.

no point in having all them strikers with no one behind them!

you have to laugh really everton came out at the end of the season and stated they have known their targets for some time and it would not be a summer of p-ssing about again in the transfer market , i know it not to late but still they said they were gonna get players in place early and yet again this has not happend,i remember a quote that last year the funds were not in place until very late ,thats not good enough ,we all know that lescott will go to city andit may happen like rooney one the last day which will be no good to moyse to spend the money on the last day, if hes gonna go sell him now and get players in , im fed up of looking at all the sites every day and as normal nothing,how come we cant sell the club when sh-tty clubs like pompey southampton and qpr even get money men

i know the ground may be an issue i think once they fget the go ahead we may be sold but if we dont were the hell does it leave us ,moyse must wander what the hell hes doing there , last year he spent 15 mill on felli but that money came from aj and mcfadden so he spent nothing ????? really peeeed offff

Okay so we not been brought, we still skint an we only signed Jo.

Why all the doom an gloom?

We are in a better situation now then we were at the start of last season. For a start we got Jo in who is a goal scorer, we got a FIT Saha which we didn't have, who again is a proven goal scoreer. We got Fell whos had a whole season of prem football an now understands the english game, We got the best English LB in the country fit an has a fantasic partnership with a player who suddenly turning his potential in to reality.

Other then City, every club below us has got worse, Villa have sold there BEST player an brought Boro's worse(who injured till Jan) also looks like Young could be off. An there main defender retired. Fulham won't be a challenge, Nor will West Ham. Tottenham may push us, but i got a feeling Arry will be Pompys manager come jan :P

We still got plenty of days to go, yes we need a RW an a RB but there still plenty of time for that to happen. Come 15th Aug an we signed no one, then i'll be worried, until then i keep beleiving we sign someone an get better(an get let down, as its the Everton way).

We are in a better situation now then we were at the start of last season.

True enough, don't think there's much doubt we'll have a stronger team out against Arsenal than we had against Blackburn last year....

Howard, Neville, Yobo, Lescott, Valente, Rodwell, Baines, Osman, Jagielka, Arteta, Yakubu.

Turner, Wallace, Gosling, Kissock, Jutkiewicz, Baxter, Agard.

Even with Arteta & Yak in that's a horrible side.

I started this topic and its interesting to see both sides but as much as i feel shiiite about the lack of activity i cannot see how the board will leave us and Moysie hanging with no star signings.Granted City have smashed everybody in the transfer window and still will but i hope, hope we find some dough to buy the two quality signings we need and three or four free/loan signings we are competing for top four again :rolleyes:

I started this topic and its interesting to see both sides but as much as i feel shiiite about the lack of activity i cannot see how the board will leave us and Moysie hanging with no star signings.Granted City have smashed everybody in the transfer window and still will but i hope, hope we find some dough to buy the two quality signings we need and three or four free/loan signings we are competing for top four again :rolleyes:

Forget the top 4 I would be happy with the top 8 to be honest

Fuck it. As it stands we will be competing. Villa wont be near. Same old spurs, flatter to deceive and arsenal,liverpool as it stands havnt progressed and are one injury( gerrard,torres) from average. City are different but who says they are gonna do fook all? At the moment everybody are shitting themselves cos they have bought gareth barry, Santa Cruz and Adeybayor!!

I would expect us to be up there again this season 5th may be a tough call if City's team clicks which is a big if, Villa have lost a very influential player in Barry and Downing is a poor replacement in my book so they will be a similar team to last season as it stands, I think Spurs will struggle again they have a good squad on paper they are a top 6 team but again cant play as a unit.

My main concern is that we have shed a little weight in terms of players and although the younger lads are getting more miles on the clock i dont think we should need to rely on them. We need to bring in players and i really can not understand why we are not, Europe is going to be to big of a task if we dont and with the size of our squad one of two mid season injuries and we will be fucked. The club really should be doing more to ensure we keep pushing on and by the looks of it so far that sadly is not going to happen.

Fuck it. As it stands we will be competing. Villa wont be near. Same old spurs, flatter to deceive and arsenal,liverpool as it stands havnt progressed and are one injury( gerrard,torres) from average. City are different but who says they are gonna do fook all? At the moment everybody are shitting themselves cos they have bought gareth barry, Santa Cruz and Adeybayor!!

Not too sure why you are writting Villa off but I disagree I think they will challenge for Europe again next year, The Shite havent lost anybody and they have just signed the best right back in England so I would say that is progression.They also had Gerrard and Torres injured for large chunks of last season and they still ran Unitred close.

Hopefully Spurs will do thier normal but I do think City will be up there, then it comes to us. Im a little releived to hear Moyse come out today and say we need a CB and LB but until we get them we are in big trouble . That probably means the "budget" will be blown on those 2 and so Im not expecting any improvement to the starting XI

Everybody else seems to be strengthening thier squads and we are struggling to stand still and so I really can see us slipping down the table

Everybody else seems to be strengthening thier squads and we are struggling to stand still and so I really can see us slipping down the table

If I could be arsed I'd go back over TT and find fifty posts saying exactly the same thing from July '06, July '07 and July '08 :) .

Doesn't mean it won't be the case this time but it's just a very easy thing to say. I'll just keep the faith I think. Davey's not let us down yet and I don't expect him to this time.

tevez not good in your book?

The thing that is frustrating is that the guys we are linked with are clearly available, unlike when we all get our hopes up about Riquelme and Moutinho. I'm a bit more concerned that good quality players are choosing to play for (in my opinion) lesser clubs.

I believe that there is money available, and that we will pull somthing out the bag... i just wish we wouldn't leave it until 23.59 on deadline day.

Let's face it, it's not about who you play for for many of these players, it's how much you get paid.

If you're not a current international player and don't hold out too many hopes of becoming one then they'll choose the offer that pays the most. However, if ther's a possibility of upping your game to the next level, then the're going to go to the club that gives them the best opportunity to do that, and that means top 4 teams.

Players are going to Spurs and other clubs because they're being advised (by their advisors who get a cut too) to go for the bigger money. That's why we aren't getting the signings - because we can't afford them! It's pretty simple really.

However, if we do get a signing it's because the player wants to come here for another reason other than money - and they are the players we want. LOYALTY starts at that point.

If I could be arsed I'd go back over TT and find fifty posts saying exactly the same thing from July '06, July '07 and July '08 :) .

Doesn't mean it won't be the case this time but it's just a very easy thing to say. I'll just keep the faith I think. Davey's not let us down yet and I don't expect him to this time.

Eventually though our amature approach to transfer windows will blow up in our faces and we'll slip down the table. We've been lucky in previous seasons but how long will that luck hold? It's all very worrying at the moment tbh. I'm trying to believe that Moyes will pull something out of the bag as usual but the more time that passes the less confident I am of him doing that.

Eventually though our amature approach to transfer windows will blow up in our faces and we'll slip down the table. We've been lucky in previous seasons but how long will that luck hold? It's all very worrying at the moment tbh. I'm trying to believe that Moyes will pull something out of the bag as usual but the more time that passes the less confident I am of him doing that.

How is it lucky? we consitantly finished in the top half of the table for the last few years and finished 5 the last 2 years. thats not luck, its good manager an great team spirit an a great team, STOP WRITING US OFF AND THINKINGS EVERYONES BETTER THEN US.

To put a point to city, they brought good players, but there all mersonaries(spelling) adaboyor is really bad to have in the dressing room, he's lazy, Barry went for money an thats a fact,he practically said it himself. Robiniho can't be arsed away from home. Tevez is alot of huff an puff but no end product, an as for city defence, well they conside as much as they score.

So stop writing us off an thinking everyone who finished below us season after season is better then us, because there not.

There is a big signing on the way.

I know cos I can feel it in my water... or maybe I have a kidney stone or something.

But rest assured Everton are going to buy BIG.

But the teams around us are improving there teams and we are not so we are standing still and they are getting better.

The teams around us last summer improved!.....They still finished below us last season.

If we had just sold Lescott (could still happen), plus sold say either Cahill or Arteta then I'd would say that our transfer dealings would have to be really decent just to stand still......though standing still in 5th place isn't really like "standing still"..

...it's fuc%ing good!!

As mentioned above, other teams can buy who they want! can they get results out of them ....The teams that improved their squads last summer, and finished below us obviously couldn't.

There will be quite a bit of pressure on the likes of Man City and Spurs next season, couple of bad results and watch the wheels come off.I don't think football managers as a whole get worse with experience, I certainly can't name any that stand out! so I'd say Moyes is pretty much up to speed as to what he has to do.......AND I FOR ONE WONT BE CALLING FOR HIS HEAD IF LUCK WITH INJURIES DESERTS HIM AGAIN AND TEAMS THAT HAVE $MILLIONS TO SPEND PUSH US DOWN TO 7TH PLACE.

Besides the youth squad, I believe we are just on par with Arsenal going into next season. (I rate Pienaar higher than Nasri and Rosicky anyway.)

So considering they are our first opponents, we should be improving the squad now and better them for this short term. If anyone is going to leave the top 4 I think it will be them. So we have to hold off the weight of City, Spurs and Villa and Fulham if 4th is going to be an option.

On par with Arsenal? Are you mad???? Van Persie Fabregas Arshavin to name but 3 of their players who are by far better than anything that we have.

The teams around us last summer improved!.....They still finished below us last season.

But we improved our team last season and so far this season we have not

How is it lucky? we consitantly finished in the top half of the table for the last few years and finished 5 the last 2 years. thats not luck, its good manager an great team spirit an a great team, STOP WRITING US OFF AND THINKINGS EVERYONES BETTER THEN US.

To put a point to city, they brought good players, but there all mersonaries(spelling) adaboyor is really bad to have in the dressing room, he's lazy, Barry went for money an thats a fact,he practically said it himself. Robiniho can't be arsed away from home. Tevez is alot of huff an puff but no end product, an as for city defence, well they conside as much as they score.

So stop writing us off an thinking everyone who finished below us season after season is better then us, because there not.

By luck I didn't mean the way we play is lucky or anything like that. I meant how long will out luck hold were we do next to nothing in the transfer market while other teams all improve their squads. Eventually a few of those clubs (Tottenham for example) will get it right and click, meanwhile our best players are getting older but we can't afford to replace them or are linked with moves away. I couldn't blame any one of our star players for leaving when you see how we approach transfer windows to improve the team. All I'm saying is that Moyes is performing miracles with the scraps he's given, but even Championship players are costing too much for our limited budget now - look at the price of Ledley ffs, that's a joke.

I'm not writing us off, I'm just worried about the future.

We won't stay in the upper reaches forever. This is our time in the sun at the moment. People should stop moaning, accept the fact, and enjoy the moment. What will be will be. We have no divine right to success an should be greatful we have been in such a rich vien of form recently. We have been earing success rather than buying it, and im proud of that. It was not that long ago that we where relegation choices year in year out, now we are european contenders. Enjoy this moment rather than worrying about what is still to come.