IGNORED

Nikica Jelavic

I don't know about this one. A few years back he actually failed at a mid-table side in the Belgian league, but I guess he has come good.

You never know what was on his mind back then.

BTW i did a little research. it was hard enough as it was, being the most expensive signing ever in the history of the club (Waregem) on his 21 in a completly strange country.

His stats, since Rapid Wien, are very impressive.

Rapid Wien: 95 games, 43 goals, 17 assists and average a goal per 139 minutes played

And even better for Rangers:

24 games, 15 goals, 7 assists and average a goal per 122 minutes

• 7 months later...

Scottish sun is saying £4m with us and Sunderland interested... that sounds a fair price that we may be able to stretch to. I'd be happy with this bit of business on the back of the Donovan good news. (still think we'll see Hugo Rodellega's name pop up though.) I WANT BOTH!!!

• 1 month later...

Nikica Jelavic vs. Kevin Doyle;

Jelavic: 30 goals in 45 appearances

Doyle: 16 goals in 79 appearances

Jelavic is 26 whilst Kevin Doyle is two years older at 28. At his former club Jelavic managed to score an impressive 25 goals in 70 appearances (Rapid Vienna) whilst Doyle scored 55 goals in 155 appearances (Reading) which is a worse return. Although I think that Kevin Doyle would be a good signing I would much rather see us capture Nikica.

I think it's already been posted but just in case it hasn't here is the Sky Sports link about him (http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11671/7464428/Everton-in-bid-for-Jelavic)

See alot of Jelavic up here. Good player but not on great form this season. Signed for 4m from Vienna after taking the huff and dug his heels in to get the transfer to Ibrox. I go on the rangers forum FollowFollow & its great for upto date news.

Missed last game with "sickness" but everyone knows hes gonna leave before tuesday. West Ham supposedly bid £7m but it was actually meant to be £5m with piquionne added in which was rejected by Rangers. With the £50m tax case ruling expected soon Rangers really are in dire needs so nearer it gets to Tuesday I can see the price dropping. Rangers fans are expecting 7-10 million for him but I would imagine he could get picked up for under £6m

Good targetman with good skills. Good age aswell so would reckon he could improve over time.

All in all I really would reckon a decent buy if can get cheap.

Heres the link for the followfollow thread http://forum.followfollow.com/showthread.php?t=833822

Just saw this on twitter, sorry if already posted - not sure who the agent is who tweets but he seems bang on with most stuff

AgentScotland

Everton have had a £6m bid for Nikica Jelavic accepted, £3.5m up front with the rest in installments (could rise to £7.5m on future success)

(Just taken from rangers forum)

He is better than average but certainly not amazing. A dangerous player who can play upfront himself but tends to play better with someone alongside him. Has a decent goal ratio but he does take all the penalties which account for a fair few. Last season he was very dangerous but this year he has looked in a huff and maybe not been as prolific as before.

I still think for a proven goalscorer, International with European football experiance that if the deal is £3.5 and the rest add ons then that is a steal considering most Rangers fans are expecting 8-10m even though they are slightly biased

I would be more than happy with this. I didn't think The Saint and the board would release this sort of cash though. If they manage to get him and maybe another defender or creative player , a lot of fans (including myself) would consider themselves "shut up".

It'll be the Bily money ;)