IGNORED

Nikica Jelavic

The thought of Lukaku going down injured and ask having to rely on Jelavic for goals is terrifying. I really can't see him staying past Jan. In the summer of 2012 who would have thought we would get a bigger trasnfer fee for vic than Jela one season later? crazy how far he has fallen..

• 4 weeks later...

Think it would be a good move for all concerned. If we get our money back I'd be happy. That would leave us with lukaku unless we tie velios or long a go. I agree that we need two strikers but I'm not sure on how many loan players we are allowed. If Bainsey goes that should leave us with a tidy sum to spend and bill should be happy he hasn't had to spend a penny again. I'm not great with the foreign leagues to know who would be good or not but maybe mirallas could be an option with Gerry slotting in his place

I don't think its a fluke, I think its more to do with the fact that Premiership defenders have learn how to play against him. I think there is too much pressure on him to keep hold of the ball, as he was probably at his best when he had Cahill doing a lot of the donkey work and leading the line, especially in winning flick-ons or getting the ball out wide. A lot of the time Fellaini was playing, he had his back to goal and Jelavic just didn't see the ball and where a lot of the time we went long he couldnt compete aerially. Now we need the striker to keep hold of the ball along the floor in order to bring the rest of the team into play and he isnt the greatest at doing that as his touch has always been one of his weaknesses. Its not an easy job, and if Lukaku struggles at times then its no surprise that Jelly will.

I feel sorry for him in a way, because there is a brilliant goal scorer in there but he needs all of the work to be done for him and as you see with likes of Defoe and Bent, most teams cant afford to carry a player for 90 minutes unless they are that good that are scoring with almost every chance they get. I would say that he still has a future coming off the bench, but other players look more dangerous playing off Lukaku so Im not sure he even has that future.

I have been thinking about Jelly recently and feel that can someone go from being deadly to donkey permanently so fast?

I dont think so.

I remember his finish against Newcastle when the keeper saved the first shot and he re-adjusted and scissor kicked it with his left, thats not a donkey thats a confident player who has ability.

I have never questioned his work rate as even when he has'nt been scoring he has been working hard.

I do feel that all Jelly needs is a few games where he gets a bit of luck and he will be back.

Now factor in Jerry! a player who can work the byline and get crosses and pull backs galore.

JERRY AND JELLY!

• 1 year later...
  • 5 years later...

For a period I thought we had a better finisher than Suarez.   Allowed himself to miss training eh.... Small things indeed. Training is where it is at, you train well enough come game day you have programmed yourself to be the best you can be without overthinking 

• 1 month later...