IGNORED

Nikica Jelavic

blink.gifblink.gif You agree with his comments about Mirallas, yet your outraged by the comments concerning Jelavic????

Personally I dont see the problem with expecting your multi million pound forward to score goals, he is an experienced international not some fragile 18 year old just breaking thriough so he should be able to take it

Jelavic has been missfiering for a long time and is plagued by a bad confidence, cant really blame Mirallas for having a bad confidence can we?

Thats the difference, Jelavic need to hear that he is moving great and the goals will come! Mirallas needs to be told to be more direct.

Not that he's in-form or playing flawless, amazing football, but today was basically a microcosm of what has been an absurd season for him. Good work rate, was a hawk in the box, got mauled by an Oldham defender in the box with no call. A few bounces in his favor and he could have had a brace. Truly good players make their own luck but, man, the guy just can't catch a break.

Shouldn't be pressuring jela in the first place, should be pressuring ossie, peanuts, baines and mirallas to put the ball in the box to HIS FEET where he can do what he does. No service no goals.....and another promising striker walks from goodison a broken man.

Absolutely right. Our history of wrecking the careers of stikers is unmatched. Can't remember the last one that scored more than 15 in a season.....Looked it up, it was Kanchelskis in 1995-96 with 16. After that it's Yakubu in 2007-08 with 15, the rest are just into double figures! The last real goalscorer was Lineker in 1985-86 with 30.

Many were so promising... Saha, Johnson, Beattie etc who left Goodison as Blueherts says,"as broken men".

Not a good record. Nothing wrong with the players, it's the way they were played.

without a striker or two firing on all cylinders no side will win the leaugue -

if Mr Moyes has not been able to get a striker or two doing just that in 11 years i doubt he ever will -

maybe the Everton style of play is focussed on not losing games instead of winning games by scoring goals - defending small leads , subbbing strikers for defenders etc

Didn't Spain win the European Championships last summer without a recognized striker ?

I'm just trying to think how Phil Neville would fit in with alonso, xavi, iniesta, fabregas, and silva.

That's of course if he gets picked ahead of busquets and mata.

The only chance he would have is if moyes was Spain manager. In fact I even reckon moyes would try and find a way to get him in there, stick on some fake tan, an alice band and say his name is Pepe Nevas the water carrier from Santander.

I'm just trying to think how Phil Neville would fit in with alonso, xavi, iniesta, fabregas, and silva.

That's of course if he gets picked ahead of busquets and mata.

The only chance he would have is if moyes was Spain manager. In fact I even reckon moyes would try and find a way to get him in there, stick on some fake tan, an alice band and say his name is Pepe Nevas the water carrier from Santander.

Seeing as though Moyes doesnt pick him in his starting XI for Everton when eveyone is fit I cant see why he would play him for Spain

We havent helped him as much as we did at the end of last season but he has had his chances, and he should have done better against Oldham.

He is still working hard and trying to change his fortunes and hopefully it will change soon.

We're not creating enough for him. A striker should be getting 3 chances a game and putting 1 of them away. More chances lead to more goals and builds confidence that will then bring even more goals. Look at Suarez at Liverpool awful infront of goal, but they play through him so he gets six chances a game and eventually finds the net.

http://theexecutione...p-with-jelavic/

Pretty much sums it all up for me.

Good article that... which points out one of the major factors in his form slump is supply. He just isn't getting it from the rest of the team from the formation and tactics we play - and when he is in position; he's bottling it. I think tomorrow, at training - have him stand in the box and everyone fire him 1000 crosses in a row, and if he doesn't get more than half of them in, give him another 500.

http://theexecutione...p-with-jelavic/

Pretty much sums it all up for me.

I've been saying the same thing all season.....good to be right once in a whilerolleyes.gif , providing what was said is true.....no reason to disbelieve it but I'm a amazed at what analysis and recordings are being kept. I salute them. In the same breath you have to reckon that Moyes gets similar or superior analysis also but has done nothing to change the situation.

Why?

Moyes gets this analysis and that's what pisses me off about him. He doesn't understand strikers. They are a different breed.

If we had Suarez and RVP they would look shite under moyes, yet lambert and holt would look great. Fellaini is and has been the fly in the ointment for jelavic and I've said this from the get go. You can't mix stoke with Barcelona.

Thing is, change it about all you want but how long is it before enough is enough, and it just becomes easier to let Vellios see the season out and let Jelavic sit on the bench and give him a fresh run next season, what is it 10 games to go till the end of season? Id like to see Vellios play some part today.

Edited by Simon

Vellios ain't getting any game time. If any striker is gonna get off the bench to play it will be Naismith. Moyes loves him. Dunno why.

Because he's Scottish and on paper should be able to link up with Jelavic and find us some goals. It's been proved however this season that that isn't the case, I like Naismith too and think he just needs time to settle in but I do agree that he should be further down the pecking order than Vellios.