IGNORED

Nikica Jelavic

Now what are you insinuating.

Yes, I've seen him play, but not in the flesh, I'm well aware of his attacking attributes and instincts for goal but hitherto only on the screen as in way of highlights or live fixtures, I'm fully aware we have a decent and exciting player on our hands.

From my Wife's laptop after a cereal bar and a glass of 99 per cent fat free milk.

Not trying to insinuate anything, I just see you miss a lot of games (tv/internet, not meaning in the flesh) and you are missing out as he is playing really well.

Dont worry, I dont get to many games since i've moved away either.

Quite like the tag line, made me chuckle.

"His second goal, squeezed in at the near post from a near-impossible angle, took him to 10 Everton goals in just 910 minutes of action - quicker than any other player in the last 100 years.

Not Graeme Sharp, not Bob Latchford, not Duncan Ferguson, not even Dixie Dean found their way to 10 as quickly as the irrepressible Jelavic.

And while the Croat has some way to go to replicate the achievements of those and many other Blues greats before him, he's certainly made an eye-catching start."

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/archive/2012/04/30/jelavic-beats-greats-to-10

"His second goal, squeezed in at the near post from a near-impossible angle, took him to 10 Everton goals in just 910 minutes of action - quicker than any other player in the last 100 years.

Not Graeme Sharp, not Bob Latchford, not Duncan Ferguson, not even Dixie Dean found their way to 10 as quickly as the irrepressible Jelavic.

And while the Croat has some way to go to replicate the achievements of those and many other Blues greats before him, he's certainly made an eye-catching start."

http://www.evertonfc...ts-greats-to-10

Lol No doubt Haf will point out that he missed sitters at Swansea and Sunderland!

Lol No doubt Haf will point out that he missed sitters at Swansea and Sunderland!

Me? I'm just a humble fan, not a super dooper one like you Dunc. You were probably at those games and got a different more superior view than the average Internet keyboard warrior.

Sarcasm aside jelavic is class, more I see the more I like.

I said from pretty much the word go We had a player on Our hands. I know it's still early doors but I genuinely think that in Jelavic We have a future Everton legend in Our midst....

If only We'd have had him from the start ey!

Not in terms of Labone, Hickson, Lawton, Ball, etc we won't.

He'll never reach legendary status as players like these if we're being honest. Granted, Jelavic looks the business and we have something of a find on our hands, but we can't read too much into a few weeks of performances, we will have a better indication of where to place him in a season or two if we can hold on to him, but it's too early days for me to be even considering legendary status, anything could happen in the future, so for now I'll hold back on such expectations. He's a good player for sure and we're all excited but come back to be this time next season on this.

Guest Nikica

Not in terms of Labone, Hickson, Lawton, Ball, etc we won't.

He'll never reach legendary status as players like these if we're being honest. Granted, Jelavic looks the business and we have something of a find on our hands, but we can't read too much into a few weeks of performances, we will have a better indication of where to place him in a season or two if we can hold on to him, but it's too early days for me to be even considering legendary status, anything could happen in the future, so for now I'll hold back on such expectations. He's a good player for sure and we're all excited but come back to be this time next season on this.

Yeah, that is the point I was making. I love Jela as a player, but it's still very early days. I really hope he can maintain his form though as it reflects well on Rangers and the SPL.

Be great recognition for his performances, if he can keep it consistent, we'll have a quality striker on our hands :)

I don't think he'll win player of the season, I think Heights will (so he should) or Distin, but this goes a long way in showing Jellyman that performances like the ones he has given us, will be rewarded!

Be great recognition for his performances, if he can keep it consistent, we'll have a quality striker on our hands smile.png

I don't think he'll win player of the season, I think Heights will (so he should) or Distin, but this goes a long way in showing Jellyman that performances like the ones he has given us, will be rewarded!

Certainly wont be him after the FA cup.... Johnny, Felli and Howard, would be my top 3.

Certainly wont be him after the FA cup.... Johnny, Felli and Howard, would be my top 3.

My 3 on the OS were Heitinga, Distin, and Fellaini (cant remember what order), Howard would have been my 4h choice. Was surprised Baines was in second place when I done it.

Guest Nikica

Can we have him back please? Watching him score for yous is like seeing your bird with another guy.

Although Rapid fans probably said the same when he was with us.

Edited by Nikica