IGNORED

Nikica Jelavic

Bilic on whether he gave Moyes advice over the Jelavic transfer:

" David Moyes is well known and goes through the correct channels when enquiring about players which is how it should be. "

Love everything that's unsaid there.

A gentleman in a shady dealers world. We can try to read between the lines...but why not just take the words as he says them. No conspiracy here just plain old " dealing done proper "

Shame some of the bigger clubs cant take a leaf out of moyes book.

A gentleman in a shady dealers world. We can try to read between the lines...but why not just take the words as he says them. No conspiracy here just plain old " dealing done proper "

Shame some of the bigger clubs cant take a leaf out of moyes book.

To be honest - a reason he has to play by those rules is because they are the only moral rules that prevent us from having all our best players tapped.

How is Jelavic able to play for Croatia seeing as he is Bosnian? Is it an ancestral thing ?

Bosnia is a country that has 3 constitutative peoples: Bosniaks, Croatians and Serbs. Thats why a lot of Croatian and Serb players come from Bosnia. Mostly only ethic Bosniaks play for Bosnia and consider themselves Bosnian.

What he means is that until he knocks any football skill out of him, and reduces him to a workhorse running blindly all over the pitch, he wont get into the side. I have a lot of pity for strikers under Moyes.

that's about the long and short of it Bill, if it's going to take 5 or 6 games before he gets a start then id rather we had spent the money on a creative midfielder tbh

Moyes gets a striker who knows where the net is and says:

He will score goals but adds other things to the team, like bringing other players into the game.

Roughly translated means: "Scoring goals is all and well, but can he cover 11km in 90 minutes chasing hoof balls from our defenders, hold it up and then lay it off to Phil neville who will waste another cross"

Run for the hills Jelly, you will forget what it was like to be a goalscorer under this man!!!

Moyes gets a striker who knows where the net is and says:

He will score goals but adds other things to the team, like bringing other players into the game.

Roughly translated means: "Scoring goals is all and well, but can he cover 11km in 90 minutes chasing hoof balls from our defenders, hold it up and then lay it off to Phil neville who will waste another cross"

Run for the hills Jelly, you will forget what it was like to be a goalscorer under this man!!!

Lol Moyes praises a player and you even moan about that

doh.gif

Edited by duncanmckenzieismagic

Lol Moyes praises a player and you even moan about that

doh.gif

Forgive me for thinking that moyes is trying to reinvent another goalscorer as a defensive striker.

What exactly is he trying to ease him into? Ffs he made the most ridiculous substitutions the other day, he deserves all the stick he gets.

I've got a tip for moyes, square pegs = square holes, round pegs = round holes.

Ref: felli upfront, rodwell right wing, osman left wing, heitinga midfield, anichebe right wing Neville anywhere.

Forgive me for thinking that moyes is trying to reinvent another goalscorer as a defensive striker.

What exactly is he trying to ease him into? Ffs he made the most ridiculous substitutions the other day, he deserves all the stick he gets.

I've got a tip for moyes, square pegs = square holes, round pegs = round holes.

Ref: felli upfront, rodwell right wing, osman left wing, heitinga midfield, anichebe right wing Neville anywhere.

The Premiership maybe

Jelavic is a natural goalscorer, 36 in 55 anywhere is a good return, it was the same for Beckford, except Jelavic is better. Beckford still scored ten goals for us, two of them outstanding it has to be said, so why think Jelavic can't come straight in and do the same?

This is one of Moyes's faults, and I like Moyes, but it doesn't make me blind to his ridiculous statements; coming out of wigan saying a draw was deserved, we should have thrashed them, and would have just a few seasons ago. I'll ease our new freescoring striker into things...okay, in the meanwhile let's get 6 defenders on the pitch and hope the other team doesn't want it dry.png

If you want evidence of how playing good football can send you down, look at Wigan, look at Blackpool, look at West Brom, Hull etc etc, all of them were trying to play beautiful football, and I understand it has as much of a downfall as playing too defensive, the result is the same, you're vunerable either way from either conceding too much or not scoring enough.

That being said, we have for a short period at least, Donovan, Drenthe, Pienaar, Jelavic, Barkley and Vellios. We've no shortage of creative or dynamic, game changing players, so why should we be happy with the same we'll get forty points, take it as it comes, they were the better side attitude...I'm sorry but sometimes I wish Moyes would grab hold of his balls and actually threaten to win a game, let alone get europe. I'd be satisfied if we finished 10th but actually attacked teams and played at pace. i hate Swansea, but look at how much quicker they make decisions, how many more risks they take in the final third, it might not pay off, but then again it might, as long as the endeavour is there you can reap the rewards, and right now we have the attacking capability in midfield and attack to do this, and Moyes won't. That's what frustrates me, even if we do play one up front, we don't have to hoof it, we can keep it on the floor, play pass and move football. We don't pass and move we scuff and stop lately.

We created one or two good chances at Man City barring the goal, so we should create a dozen against Wigan. With Chelsea next we need to be aggressive, after the draw they had sunday, we need to take the game to them and put them on the back foot, If good players smell blood they wont let up, but if you stand your ground most of them back down. We've played like this, so it's not asking the world. Small squad or not, it's still 11 v 11, and on the day we should be going for it instead of hoping we don't lose.

Here endeth the rant.

Edited by The Regulator

Jelavic is a natural goalscorer, 36 in 55 anywhere is a good return, it was the same for Beckford, except Jelavic is better. Beckford still scored ten goals for us, two of them outstanding it has to be said, so why think Jelavic can't come straight in and do the same?

This is one of Moyes's faults, and I like Moyes, but it doesn't make me blind to his ridiculous statements; coming out of wigan saying a draw was deserved, we should have thrashed them, and would have just a few seasons ago. I'll ease our new freescoring striker into things...okay, in the meanwhile let's get 6 defenders on the pitch and hope the other team doesn't want it dry.png

If you want evidence of how playing good football can send you down, look at Wigan, look at Blackpool, look at West Brom, Hull etc etc, all of them were trying to play beautiful football, and I understand it has as much of a downfall as playing too defensive, the result is the same, you're vunerable either way from either conceding too much or not scoring enough.

That being said, we have for a short period at least, Donovan, Drenthe, Pienaar, Jelavic, Barkley and Vellios. We've no shortage of creative or dynamic, game changing players, so why should we be happy with the same we'll get forty points, take it as it comes, they were the better side attitude...I'm sorry but sometimes I wish Moyes would grab hold of his balls and actually threaten to win a game, let alone get europe. I'd be satisfied if we finished 10th but actually attacked teams and played at pace. i hate Swansea, but look at how much quicker they make decisions, how many more risks they take in the final third, it might not pay off, but then again it might, as long as the endeavour is there you can reap the rewards, and right now we have the attacking capability in midfield and attack to do this, and Moyes won't. That's what frustrates me, even if we do play one up front, we don't have to hoof it, we can keep it on the floor, play pass and move football. We don't pass and move we scuff and stop lately.

We created one or two good chances at Man City barring the goal, so we should create a dozen against Wigan. With Chelsea next we need to be aggressive, after the draw they had sunday, we need to take the game to them and put them on the back foot, If good players smell blood they wont let up, but if you stand your ground most of them back down. We've played like this, so it's not asking the world. Small squad or not, it's still 11 v 11, and on the day we should be going for it instead of hoping we don't lose.

Here endeth the rant.

Fair enough pal, but you and a few others have been saying it for ages though, and it will still be said next season as well, it's a rut we are in and only one guy can get us out of it, Jesus it's like sitting in a pub to a drunken old sod who goes over the same conversation ten times ( not you Regs, I mean Moyes) opposition was up for it, the pitch, our injuries, players still finding their feet, the money teams have to spend, well let me tell you it has fuck all to do with setting a team up to win a game. Those players should be in the tunnel pumped up to fuck, look the opposition up and down and think '' yeah we are gonna smash four past em''! I'm banging my head against a brick wall saying our manager needs to front up, grow a pair and accept that things are not working for him at the mo. Don't go looking for excuses Davie lad, nobody is listening. Win ugly not loose prettily. He is getting serious money to change things around which he ain't, and if he wants some tips on how to set his team up then Toffee Talk is only too willing to help!!laugh.png

Here endeth the rant.

great post

agree with everything except that ^^^

we have never passed and moved under moyes few individuals have done but not as a whole team thats what we lack more than anything and we have done for a while.

Fair enough pal, but you and a few others have been saying it for ages though, and it will still be said next season as well, it's a rut we are in and only one guy can get us out of it, Jesus it's like sitting in a pub to a drunken old sod who goes over the same conversation ten times ( not you Regs, I mean Moyes) opposition was up for it, the pitch, our injuries, players still finding their feet, the money teams have to spend, well let me tell you it has fuck all to do with setting a team up to win a game. Those players should be in the tunnel pumped up to fuck, look the opposition up and down and think '' yeah we are gonna smash four past em''! I'm banging my head against a brick wall saying our manager needs to front up, grow a pair and accept that things are not working for him at the mo. Don't go looking for excuses Davie lad, nobody is listening. Win ugly not loose prettily. He is getting serious money to change things around which he ain't, and if he wants some tips on how to set his team up then Toffee Talk is only too willing to help!!laugh.png

Have to agree, £18m+ over five years.. Sometimes I wish we were just as patient with negative players earning a quarter of that?

I would have liked Doyle but I am confident that Jelavic is the man we need. I don't remember too much of his performance against Wigan but Chelsea on Saturday will be the biggest test as to whether he can cut it in the Premier League - a goal would be fantastic.

Although after reading this I fully expect to see Stracq start up front again;

(http://www.dailypost.co.uk/sport-news/everton-fc/2012/02/06/moyes-intends-to-ease-5-5m-jelavic-into-premier-league-55578-30272195/)

im starting toworry already....same sort of fee for per kroldrup maybe we will sell him for 3.5 mill to west ham in the summer.

no seriously i want him to be a success fingers crossed.

Heres the headlines :

Moyes finds Jelavic can not head the ball and is in line for a £100,000 transfer to Scunthorpe

• 4 weeks later...