IGNORED

Nikica Jelavic

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest Nikica

Alright guys? Rangers fan here, I'd like to say congrats on your point at Old Trafford yesterday, you played some excellent football.

I'd like to say I am very happy that Jelavic is doing well for you. It's still early days but he has made a promising start, and he was fantastic yesterday.

I did a bit of reading on the internet and was very disappointed to see people look down on Jelavic because he played in the SPL. I haven't read through this thread yet so don't know if it happened here, but it's good to see him proving some people wrong, although I reiterate that it is early days. The standard here is indeed pretty poor, but Jelavic impressed me more than any SPL player in recent memory. He looked several levels above everyone else up here, although his form tailed off a bit when he had it in his head about moving to the Premier League.

Some Rangers fans have some animosity towards him, but not me. I fully realise that he's an ambitious player who deserved to play at a higher level than we could offer, especially considering our financial plight. Would have been nice to receive a bit more money for him, but such is life.

After you lost Saha I wondered if you would be able to replace him with another technically adept striker(I realise Saha was a bit hit and miss but he had some memorable games for you), but I think you might have found that man in Nikica. I like several of your players and it was good to see you get the draw yesterday, especially as I am not keen on Man United.

Edited by Nikica

Alright guys? Rangers fan here, I'd like to say congrats on your point at Old Trafford yesterday, you played some excellent football.

I'd like to say I am very happy that Jelavic is doing well for you. It's still early days but he has made a promising start, and he was fantastic yesterday.

I did a bit of reading on the internet and was very disappointed to see people look down on Jelavic because he played in the SPL. I haven't read through this thread yet so don't know if it happened here, but it's good to see him proving some people wrong, although I reiterate that it is early days. The standard here is indeed pretty poor, but Jelavic impressed me more than any SPL player in recent memory. He looked several levels above everyone else up here, although his form tailed off a bit when he had it in his head about moving to the Premier League.

Some Rangers fans have some animosity towards him, but not me. I fully realise that he's an ambitious player who deserved to play at a higher level than we could offer, especially considering our financial plight. Would have been nice to receive a bit more money for him, but such is life.

After you lost Saha I wondered if you would be able to replace him with another technically adept striker(I realise Saha was a bit hit and miss but he had some memorable games for you), but I think you might have found that man in Nikica. I like several of your players and it was good to see you get the draw yesterday, especially as I am not keen on Man United.

I think we are all pretty pleased with Jelavic so far, he shows a Moyes type work ethic, and most of all he knows where the back of the net is, we are all left to wonder what difference he would have made had we signed him during the summer. He needs a partner, yesterday it was Felllaini, but thats not the answer, and Cahill is past his best now.

Guest Nikica

I think we are all pretty pleased with Jelavic so far, he shows a Moyes type work ethic, and most of all he knows where the back of the net is, we are all left to wonder what difference he would have made had we signed him during the summer. He needs a partner, yesterday it was Felllaini, but thats not the answer, and Cahill is past his best now.

I think he works quite well in a 433 too, with wide forwards either side, although that's not really your style under Moyes. Fellaini did play quite well just behind him yesterday, but as you say he's not a viable long-term solution.

What might have surprised some PL fans who hadn't seen him before he joined Everton is that he is very good with the ball at his feet considering his height and relative power. His technical ability was the first thing which really struck me about him. He's also a very good finisher as you are seeing, and he does work his socks off as you say. I really hope he can continue his form as he's showing that players who come to England from the SPL can be talented, but we have seen many players start well at clubs and then fade away. I don't think it will happen with him but I am remaining cautious.

His second goal illustrated his technique. We can argue all day about Evans' and Rafael's shocking positioning, but the way he struck it into the bottom corner on the half-volley was excellent. It was reminiscent of a man riding a high wave of confidence. Those chances are easy to fluff if you lack belief.

Who do you think you could do with to partner him? Given your small budget etc, what striker (s) would you like to see come in in the summer?

Edited by Nikica

Guest blueboy122

Dempsey or Holliet would be perfecto!!

Dempsey or Holliet would be perfecto!!

I believe Moyes was at Blackburn v Norwich the other day. We don't have either of those teams in our run in. Commentator on 5Live was suggesting that he could think of a Norwich player we might be interested in but I wouldn't be surprised if he was watching Hoilett.

Guest blueboy122

Will have been watching Holliet no doubt, but as somone has previously stated I seriously doubt that he would come to us, as there will be bigger teams offering bigger wages I would imagine.

not sure if this is true but apparently 37 of his last 40 goals have been 1 touch goals..impressive finishing that if true

I've noticed his one touch finishing, he seems to miss when he takes a touch.

If he became available, i'd like us to get Gabby Agbonlahor, I think his raw pace would be great next to Jelavic. If we can get a forward who could play wide left, maybe Dempsey a 433 could be very exciting, and unstopable on the counter with pace.

I've noticed his one touch finishing, he seems to miss when he takes a touch.

If he became available, i'd like us to get Gabby Agbonlahor, I think his raw pace would be great next to Jelavic. If we can get a forward who could play wide left, maybe Dempsey a 433 could be very exciting, and unstopable on the counter with pace.

Agbonlahor is a step in the wrong direction, be like signing Marcus Bent. Got no footballing talent, just a quick runner, rather stick with what we have. Big Vic will stand up and be counted for next season, Vellios is useful and McAleny looks a real prospect as well. Joao Silva is still on the books as well. I'd rather look at other positions first, unless there is a Sturridge or Hernandez going cheap.

I dont think we will ever see the best of big vic. I like Vellios, but he could end up being a little cash in and sell him off. Silva will probably go in the summer too.

Pace is what this team needs, we have seen the difference in our play when Donovan has come in, we have needed pace for a long time.

I dont think we will ever see the best of big vic. I like Vellios, but he could end up being a little cash in and sell him off. Silva will probably go in the summer too.

Pace is what this team needs, we have seen the difference in our play when Donovan has come in, we have needed pace for a long time.

Agree we need pace, but would rather it be down the flanks. We only play one up top so they need to have more to their game than pace. If Dempsey does come I'd like to see a clever striker in the mold of Hernandez/Higuain to find the gaps always in the right place right time, rather than a Agbonlahor or Defoe who just run and hope.

Bit of a shit post from me as I can't think of many goal poachers we could afford, but thats why we have scouts :). Maybe Owen for a season.

Defoe is a very good player, and if Spurs feel he's surplus to requirements at any time, then why not make a move etc?

We could well get him on a free, wrong side of 30 years old now I think, been around a few years, decent player, knows how to score.

I'd still like to see Lambert here if Saints fuck up the weekend, hope they don't, but if so he will most likely be eyeing a move to an EPL side, a good striker with an eye for goal, and could be a tasty partnership with Jelavic, I'd like to see this happen even if only for curiosity sakes.

I believe Moyes was at Blackburn v Norwich the other day. We don't have either of those teams in our run in. Commentator on 5Live was suggesting that he could think of a Norwich player we might be interested in but I wouldn't be surprised if he was watching Hoilett.

I like Grant Holt, but he's obviously not a guy with a lot of pace...

Guest blueboy122

Defoe is a very good player, and if Spurs feel he's surplus to requirements at any time, then why not make a move etc?

We could well get him on a free, wrong side of 30 years old now I think, been around a few years, decent player, knows how to score.

I'd still like to see Lambert here if Saints fuck up the weekend, hope they don't, but if so he will most likely be eyeing a move to an EPL side, a good striker with an eye for goal, and could be a tasty partnership with Jelavic, I'd like to see this happen even if only for curiosity sakes.

I dont really agree with Defoe being a good player, I dont rate him at all, yes he has a high scoring ratio but I have heard from Spurs fans he needs 5 chances to score one goal and he doesnt do anything if he isnt scoring unlike Jelly. Within regards to Lambert you must be joking, had a good season in the championship but thats it no where near Prem standard and hes like 46 isnt he?

Guest blueboy122

I like Grant Holt, but he's obviously not a guy with a lot of pace...

Rather we played Victor than grant Holt, The day everton spend money on a grant holt, kevin davies, john fashionu (spelling) is the day I eat my own shit. How the fuck Grant Holt is a footballer I will never know. He isnt any better than big dave who plays for the beehive on a sunday morning....

Guest Nikica

I dont really agree with Defoe being a good player, I dont rate him at all, yes he has a high scoring ratio but I have heard from Spurs fans he needs 5 chances to score one goal and he doesnt do anything if he isnt scoring unlike Jelly. Within regards to Lambert you must be joking, had a good season in the championship but thats it no where near Prem standard and hes like 46 isnt he?

Have to agree, for me Defoe is an average player at best and I think Everton can do better.

Edited by Nikica

If Rovers drop I'd be in for Hoillet who I think with abit a guidance could become a very good player at this level.

I know Moyes went to their last game as a mate I work with who is a Rovers fan bumped into him in Ladbrokes before/after the game so maybe He had been to have a nosey or just a flutter who knows?

I think Rodallega will want out of Wigan at the end of the season regardless of their outcome, not a prolific scorer but offers alot more then just that. I also think Rochina could be a useful player in the right team He can play upfront and on the wings.

I also think Agbonlahor could do a job if used in the right system like Steve says, lets face it Villa's football is dire since they off loaded their most creative players and his qualities are lost and pretty suppressed in Villa's current form.

When Villa had a more balanced team similar to ourselves now Agbonlahor along with Young tore many a team new arseholes. If He had the right service and played with a more fluid team I'm sure He'd do the same again.

Guest blueboy122

If Rovers drop I'd be in for Hoillet who I think with abit a guidance could become a very good player at this level.

I know Moyes went to their last game as a mate I work with who is a Rovers fan bumped into him in Ladbrokes before/after the game so maybe He had been to have a nosey or just a flutter who knows?

I think Rodallega will want out of Wigan at the end of the season regardless of their outcome, not a prolific scorer but offers alot more then just that. I also think Rochina could be a useful player in the right team He can play upfront and on the wings.

I also think Agbonlahor could do a job if used in the right system like Steve says, lets face it Villa's football is dire since they off loaded their most creative players and his qualities are lost and pretty suppressed in Villa's current form.

When Villa had a more balanced team similar to ourselves now Agbonlahor along with Young tore many a team new arseholes. If He had the right service and played with a more fluid team I'm sure He'd do the same again.

Is Rodellaga on a free as well?

Would have to move Victor out if we got him!