IGNORED

Nikica Jelavic

Scored again today! He really is a phenomenal significant signing! Although others have helped us progress, I don't think we'd be having half the good results we are having without him

I'm expecting him to put in AT LEAST 15 goals this season. I think that's being lenient, too.

Any talk of Jelavic going out the door seems doubtful by the fact that we only made the signing in the not too distant past, surely won't be leaving so soon after arriving in other words. And I think he can maybe reach the 20 goal mark this season. Hasn't been as productive as end of last season, but he's a player of potential, and yesterday wouldn't have done him no harm at all. Couldn't quite bring his domestic form to the Croatian side this summer and it was an early exit for the Eastern Europeans but I think despite our inconsistencies and blowing hot and cold, he will remain a threat to most defensive units this season, he needs to go on another goal run as before, to build back up that confidence.

They won't play Elton John at Goodison Park, we don't play at Vicarage Road, although maybe 'I guess that's why they call it the blues' could be recommended. But anything other than that, I don't want no Mr Dwight at the Old Lady.

Lol, Dalz.

I detect very literal thought again. Do you have Aspergers? It would explain a lot if so.

The Elton John thing was in relation to the 'Nikita' v 'Nikica'. I don't thing they'll be playing Norma Jean anytime soon at Goodison, even if they guessed why they call us the Blues. biggrin.png

• 4 months later...

Way to go DM! Add more weight to Jelavic's shoulders. That should do the trick. So its entirely Jelavic's fault if we dont get fourth?

I agree on Mirallas. Time to stop looking menacing and start being menacing. He is going to be great for Everton, time to start producing points.

blink.gifblink.gif You agree with his comments about Mirallas, yet your outraged by the comments concerning Jelavic????

Personally I dont see the problem with expecting your multi million pound forward to score goals, he is an experienced international not some fragile 18 year old just breaking thriough so he should be able to take it

blink.gifblink.gif You agree with his comments about Mirallas, yet your outraged by the comments concerning Jelavic????

Personally I dont see the problem with expecting your multi million pound forward to score goals, he is an experienced international not some fragile 18 year old just breaking thriough so he should be able to take it

I agree to an extent Dunc but considering his form this year has been hit and miss to say the least, adding more pressure for him to score goals is hardly going to help is it?

Some of Moyes' recent comments have been a bit bizarre imo.

There is an on'us on Jelavic.........likewise on Anichebe, Naismith, Mirallas etc.

Jelavic can score 2 goals per game from now until the end of the season, it doesn't mean 4th place.Not if Jonny and co fuck up at the back.

Jelavics goals will be a big help, but it's down to every Blue that crosses the line.

Liverpool could pass us and finish 4th, without the 'buck toothed' raider scoring another goal.

you expect moyes to cuddle him? moyes feels he needs a rocket..personally i think he needs better service but vic is managing to score goals so maybe moyes feels jelavic should be doing more? anyway like dunc said he's a grown man and can take it

I dont think that is really a rocket though is it? That basically says 'Its all up to Jela and if we dont win every game from now on and finish higher up the table its all your fault!'. Maybe Jela should release a statement back and ask his manager to start playing football to his strengths instead of getting it lumped up to him.

Its also a little different to the Mirallas comments, because he has constantly praised him and saying he needs to add goals to his otherwise good game isnt a put down and is actually a good motivational comment.

Having said that I dont think Jela is lacking in confidence, he doesnt strike me as someone that will hide away and sulk so and with some decent service I would expect to see him back on the score sheet.

Jelavic is not an out and out striker - but he will feed very well off one - picking up \poaching all the scraps that a good striker makes flying around the box -

our only striker sort of is Anichebe - therefore with what we have they should play together or Jelly and Velios -

but playing him as a lone striker and lumping long balls to him is a waste of time

Jelavic is not an out and out striker - but he will feed very well off one - picking up \poaching all the scraps that a good striker makes flying around the box -

our only striker sort of is Anichebe - therefore with what we have they should play together or Jelly and Velios -

but playing him as a lone striker and lumping long balls to him is a waste of time

He has of late been asked to run around more than he'd like, he's actually not that bad at it, but we do need him doing what he does best finishing off moves.Anichebe and Mirallas should be working really hard to find him where he hurts opponents most.

Today, work the Norwich defence hard enough so that Anichebe only has one man on his back, find him on the edge of the box so he can either turn his man or feed Jelavic.