IGNORED

Nikica Jelavic

Yes He's on a free at the end of this season it's a no brainer really and could be for both parties if He's settled in this neck of the woods.

I would gladly move Vic and would have done a long time ago if I had My way. He is average at best regardless of the odd goal of late He's a last 20 minute man at this level but thinks He is so much more....piss poor player.

Guest Nikica

Agree on Rodallega, I like him and think he'd be a good signing. His struggles away from football this season have little to do with his ability. If he's free then that's too good to pass up, although there is obviously a need to agree on wages.

A striker like this, I feel sometimes, is wasted at Glasgow Rangers or in the SPL even, with all due respect, the English Premier League is the place to display your talents and scoring ability and in Jelavic it's a fitting stage for him to go about his business. Been very impressed with this acquisition since his arrival.

Guest blueboy122

A striker like this, I feel sometimes, is wasted at Glasgow Rangers or in the SPL even, with all due respect, the English Premier League is the place to display your talents and scoring ability and in Jelavic it's a fitting stage for him to go about his business. Been very impressed with this acquisition since his arrival.

Have to start somewhere. Obviously non of the premier league teams had him on their radars!

Guest Nikica

Did he score a lot of headers and pens in Scotland?

Yeah, he scored penalties for us (I am not sure of the exact number) and he was always good in the air, he scored quite a few headers.

If he was made your penalty taker for next season it would be a good thing, imo.

Guest Nikica

Baines never misses....be interesting to see who takes them when he's back.

Fair point.

My personal opinion though is that it's always better to have an attacker take penalties before a defender or full-back. That is probably an unusual opinion but it's always been my view. I don't like seeing defenders take penalties. The only one I ever liked seeing do it was Fernando Hierro.

Edited by Nikica

Really excited for Jelavic now, the man is prolific and finds the net frequently now, putting together a nice little tally, I am pleased we have ourselves what seems a reliable center forward, sometimes with regards to this, I hope the season never ends and Jelavic can go about his business a little longer.

Guest Nikica

I don't want to rain on the parade, but it is still early days we must remember. The same applies to the likes of Cisse at Newcastle. I think they will both carry their form into next season, but it's wise to remain cautious (perhaps I am just a glass half-empty sort of guy).

It will be interesting to see if players learn how to play against them.

Edited by Nikica

I don't want to rain on the parade, but it is still early days we must remember. The same applies to the likes of Cisse at Newcastle. I think they will both carry their form into next season, but it's wise to remain cautious (perhaps I am just a glass half-empty sort of guy).

It will be interesting to see if players learn how to play against them.

How do you defend against a guy that has great movement and can find the net with one touch......

Thats what u pay millions for and im already convinced we got him on the cheap....

Guest Nikica

How do you defend against a guy that has great movement and can find the net with one touch......

Thats what u pay millions for and im already convinced we got him on the cheap....

I am one of Jelavic's biggest fans mate (I am a Rangers fan), I agree with everything you say. You definitely got him on the cheap.

I'm just saying like with all things in football it's wise to remain cautious.

To be honest, I am the type of guy whose team could be 4-0 up and I would still be worried we would lose, so that's why I am talking like this.

Totally agree with you, our best striker since sharpy I'd say(so far ;) )

I'd rather have Jelavic right now than Suarez, I think. Obviously the Croatian is not an irritating ratty snide like his Anfield counterpart but Jelavic has proven himself before at other clubs and seems an exciting prospect at Goodison now, I wouldn't swap or anything. He's been a real snatch since we got him from the SPL In January and said before, he's done so well since his arrival, been on a bit of a hot streak, that I sometimes wish the season would never end. We have ourselves some player here I do think sometimes.

i wanted him when he was at Rapid Vienna, scored in every round of UEFA cup. The lad is pure QUALITY. Good in the air, good first touch, brings others into play and is clinical. In my opinion he is the best striker ive seen since Lineker at our place

Now what are you insinuating.

Yes, I've seen him play, but not in the flesh, I'm well aware of his attacking attributes and instincts for goal but hitherto only on the screen as in way of highlights or live fixtures, I'm fully aware we have a decent and exciting player on our hands.

From my Wife's laptop after a cereal bar and a glass of 99 per cent fat free milk.

Really excited for Jelavic now, the man is prolific and finds the net frequently now, putting together a nice little tally, I am pleased we have ourselves what seems a reliable center forward, sometimes with regards to this, I hope the season never ends and Jelavic can go about his business a little longer.

Sadly it has to end...let's hope we hit the ground running with a fit motivated squad for 2012/13